Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014
Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014

Old 04-27-2010, 08:30 AM
I dreamt of the sun's demise, awoke to a bleak morning.

TOOL: First tour dates announced!!

TOOL is planning on hitting the road this summer. The following dates have been announced so far:

June 19 - New Orleans, LA - UNO Lakefront Arena
June 20 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center
June 22 - Cedar Park, TX - Cedar Park Center
June 23 - Oklahoma City, OK - Ford Center
July 01 - Saint Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center
July 04 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
July 05 - Regina, SK - Brandt Centre/Evraz Place
July 07 - Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
July 09 - Vancouver, BC - General Motors Place
July 12 - San Francisco, CA - Bill Graham Civic Auditorium

Can't wait for the rest to be announced.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=139213

Last edited by DementedX14; 05-03-2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Update on tour dates
Old 04-27-2010, 08:39 AM
Banned Asshole

I they come to Mn and it sells out again before I get a ticket... I'm gonna kill somebody
Old 04-27-2010, 10:10 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

10/27 - DJ Qbert
10/29 - Real Friends
Old 04-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Trainwreck Architect

Let's hope they at least change up the setlist this time.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Okay, this happens every year, and I watch it and say nothing. Not this year.

THIS IS NOT A FUCKING PROPER TOUR. There is no album to tour around. It is merely a couple of random dates like they tend to do every summer, most of which are festivals and the like. They are still in the writing process for a new record, so they can't afford to be out on a full tour and still have any continuity for that process. The album will probably drop sometime in 2011, so hopefully every little announcement that has the word "TOOL" in it won't become fodder for a bunch of frothing at the mouth and conjecture - although that's precisely what will probably happen.

The new album is coming. It will probably be another year or so - maybe less. When the album drops, they will do a proper tour for it. Then after that, they will probably tour again (because they always do). Then, they will go back to the mode of doing a few mini-tours and random dates here and there, and eventually, hopefully, write another record. The typical cycle for them is about five years long.

1993 Undertow
1996 Aenima (4 years)
2001 Lateralus (5 years)
2006 10,000 Days (5 years)
2011 New Album (5 years)

Got it? OK, now cool it, you crazy kids.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Custom User Title

No way am I going to pay the ridiculous cost and put up with fucking Tool fans for this.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I was wondering how long it would take you to get here and do that.

I'm sad for you on this count - I truly am. Not getting it is one thing, but having pure hatred for something you don't even really know anything about is just...I don't know...it worries me. The worst part is, you probably have no idea what you're missing. I suspect that every time you've ever tried to listen to this band (which I assume is very rarely, if ever), you've been mind-blocked by your own overblown preconceived notions about what this band is all about, to be able to hear what they're really capable of.

I've heard people say, "they're not my cup of tea", and I get that. Complicated, proggy alt-metal isn't for everybody. Fair enough.

I've heard people say, "their fans are dicks", and I get that, too. Of course, every band has fans that are dicks, so I don't know why that should even matter anyway...plus, it has zero effect whatsoever on the content a band puts out. How is the content on an album affected by a handful of the folks who choose to listen to it? If you think all their fans are dicks, stay away from their show, then - but don't rail on the band because of it. How is the band responsible for the actions of their fans? I mean, if it was Randy Blythe of LoG trying to get everybody incited to create a violent circle pit that ends up getting people hurt, then maybe I could see your point - but how does that analogy relate to this band? It doesn't. Tool encourages their fans to think for themselves, make their own interpretations of their art, use their fucking brains and above all, NOT BE DOUCHEBAGS. If some of them choose to not listen, or never get the message in the first place, that's not Tool's problem. That's humanity being humanity.

I've heard people say they don't like Maynard. I get that, too. Maynard is, like many other supremely talented individuals, a bit eccentric in his own right. I happen to think he's a genius, but that's not the reason why I like the music the he and three other guys that call themselves Tool create. I like the music because the music is incredibly deep, heavy, intricate, odd, powerful, beautiful, creepy, haunting, memorable, unique, and technically superior to almost anything out there today or ever.

You don't have to like their music, but if you choose to consistently rail on the band and their music every time their name is mentioned, I'd really like to hear some intelligent reasons why. Don't say, "It's just not my thing", because that's how I feel about BTBAM and Opeth and a million other bands that get discussed around here, but you don't see me running to every thread that has their name in the title and posting the barf smiley. Brad doesn't like Dying Fetus, and he makes some good arguments for it. Many of us don't like Lamb of God, and we've all made our solid arguments (and a few funny ones). But I've yet to see a single person give me a real, bona fide, defensible reason as to why they think this band sucks.

I'm not saying they're perfect, and I'm not saying you have to like them, or you're not cool enough for me. I'm just asking, "WHAT UP WITH THE HATE, MY BROTHA?"

You know I you man, but seriously - this is the one thing between you and me that really makes me sad. I mean it.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:55 AM
I dreamt of the sun's demise, awoke to a bleak morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
(_)
Old 04-27-2010, 10:57 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I was wondering how long it would take you to get here and do that.

I'm sad for you on this count - I truly am. Not getting it is one thing, but having pure hatred for something you don't even really know anything about is just...I don't know...it worries me. The worst part is, you probably have no idea what you're missing. I suspect that every time you've ever tried to listen to this band (which I assume is very rarely, if ever), you've been mind-blocked by your own overblown preconceived notions about what this band is all about, to be able to hear what they're really capable of.

I've heard people say, "they're not my cup of tea", and I get that. Complicated, proggy alt-metal isn't for everybody. Fair enough.

I've heard people say, "their fans are dicks", and I get that, too. Of course, every band has fans that are dicks, so I don't know why that should even matter anyway...plus, it has zero effect whatsoever on the content a band puts out. How is the content on an album affected by a handful of the folks who choose to listen to it? If you think all their fans are dicks, stay away from their show, then - but don't rail on the band because of it. How is the band responsible for the actions of their fans? I mean, if it was Randy Blythe of LoG trying to get everybody incited to create a violent circle pit that ends up getting people hurt, then maybe I could see your point - but how does that analogy relate to this band? It doesn't. Tool encourages their fans to think for themselves, make their own interpretations of their art, use their fucking brains and above all, NOT BE DOUCHEBAGS. If some of them choose to not listen, or never get the message in the first place, that's not Tool's problem. That's humanity being humanity.

I've heard people say they don't like Maynard. I get that, too. Maynard is, like many other supremely talented individuals, a bit eccentric in his own right. I happen to think he's a genius, but that's not the reason why I like the music the he and three other guys that call themselves Tool create. I like the music because the music is incredibly deep, heavy, intricate, odd, powerful, beautiful, creepy, haunting, memorable, unique, and technically superior to almost anything out there today or ever.

You don't have to like their music, but if you choose to consistently rail on the band and their music every time their name is mentioned, I'd really like to hear some intelligent reasons why. Don't say, "It's just not my thing", because that's how I feel about BTBAM and Opeth and a million other bands that get discussed around here, but you don't see me running to every thread that has their name in the title and posting the barf smiley. Brad doesn't like Dying Fetus, and he makes some good arguments for it. Many of us don't like Lamb of God, and we've all made our solid arguments (and a few funny ones). But I've yet to see a single person give me a real, bona fide, defensible reason as to why they think this band sucks.

I'm not saying they're perfect, and I'm not saying you have to like them, or you're not cool enough for me. I'm just asking, "WHAT UP WITH THE HATE, MY BROTHA?"

You know I you man, but seriously - this is the one thing between you and me that really makes me sad. I mean it.
YEAH!
I'm still amazed how big they are, because of what they are. That might have something to do with it.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
YEAH!
I'm still amazed how big they are, because of what they are. That might have something to do with it.
You mean it might be a jealousy thing?