Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-25-2010, 10:49 PM
brotuhl

Cannibal Corpse -- Farmingdale, NY -- April 25th, 2010

What a night. I've been on my feet since 1 in the afternoon, and let me tell you, it's been well worth it.

Starting from the beginning, got inside with a wristband to help load shit in for the first band, Carcinogen. Bitch all you want about the name, these guys played really well, tonight.

After that, Lecherous Nocturne. I didn't get their set, I'm not all that familiar with them, but the drummer, Alex (I think? I know for a fact his name wasn't Jeremy as the metal-archives page says), and Vocalist, Jason, are both really cool guys. They know what they're talking about. They're actually going to be opening up for a pretty sick death metal tour this fall. I don't want to say too much, but the headliner will be Immolation. Outside of that, we'll see where it goes.

After them was this band from Tampa who were filling in for 1349 on the tour until tonight when they finally joined the tour. Tonight was the last night of the tour for Diabolic and the first for 1349, so we pretty much got the largest date of the tour (unless you count the NEMAH fest).

Next up: Skeletonwitch. I got a nice peak at their setlist while we were loading Carcinogen's drum kit onstage. A couple things were crossed off, but this was the set, the bold names are the ones that were crossed off.

Submit to the Suffering
Upon Wings of Black
The Despoiler of Human Life
Repulsive Salvation
Sacrifice for the Slaughtergod
Fire From The Sky
Limb From Limb

Stand, Fight, and Die
Crushed Beyond Dust
Beyond the Permafrost
Strangled By Unseen Hands
Vengeance Will Be Mine

Blinding Black Rage
Within My Blood

Next up, we have 1349. First night of the tour for them, as I said before. These guys got a really nice reaction, but for me, personally, they're a studio band. They're not that special live. That's just me, though. Anyway, here's the set:

Riders of the Apocalypse
Nathicana
When I Was Flesh
I am Abomination
Maggot Fetus
Chasing Dragons
Sculpture
Atomic Chapel

...And now... the living legends.... Cannibal Fucking Corpse. What needs to be said about this band that hasn't already been said? These guys are absolutely incredible. When we first got inside, we watched their soundcheck. No Corpsegrinder, but it was still sick. The last song they played was FRANTIC DISEMBOWELMENT. What a fucking song, man. Rob Barrett jammed out on Conquer All from Behemoth for a few seconds, and then they went right into it, and it was fuckin sick. Around 530, they had a Meet and Greet. I'll tell you now, it's all true, these guys are the nicest people you'll ever meet. They really know how to show their appreciation. Just really down to Earth people, and that's a great quality to be able to retain after 20 of being the most established death metal band in the world. It doesn't get much better than standing right next to your idols and just talking about nothing. Couldn't ask for anything better. After the show, I got the setlist signed by everyone except Pat. According to Alex and Paul, the last couple of days have been hell, and he just wanted to pass out. Understandable. They are changing the set up, mine says SETLIST-2. So, without any further adieu, here's Corpse's set:

Scalding Hail
Unleashing the Bloodthirsty
Savage Butchery
The Wretched Spawn
I Will Kill You
The Cryptic Stench
Pounded Into Dust
Gutted
Evisceration Plague
Disfigured
Death Walking Terror
Scattered Remains, Splattered Brains
Pit of Zombies
Make Them Suffer
Priests of Sodom
Staring Through the Eyes of the Dead
A Skull Full of Maggots
Hammer Smashed Face
Stripped Raped and Strangled

I also found out that Jarrett Pritchard from Eulogy was doing the sound for the tour, and Eulogy will be coming out with a new EP this year. Looking forward to it.

Definitely one of the best nights I've ever had in my life. Cannot wait to see these guys again. Probably sometime in November, Paul said. Headlining run. short run, but there will definitely be a NYC show. Fuckin A, man.

Last edited by Polock91; 04-25-2010 at 11:29 PM. Reason: just a couple of grammatical errors
Old 04-26-2010, 01:04 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

An awesome setlist they're doing this tour.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:47 AM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

cant wait to fucking see them. Do you know any of the shirt prices?
Old 04-26-2010, 05:56 AM
triturabis primatum

WHY WOULD SKELETONWITCH CUT THOSE 4 SONGS.

Thank you for the updated Cannibal Set.

Shirts ran about $20 across the board at my date.

OP, do you know if Frost was playing with 1349? Anyway, glad to see some Hellfire material back in their set.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:07 AM
Bobb O)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polock91 View Post
Headlining run. short run, but there will definitely be a NYC show. Fuckin A, man.
fuck yes, i missed this show last night to see Amon Amarth, which was sick but i still need to see the Corpse headlining.
10/4-Melvins
Old 04-26-2010, 07:11 AM
N00B

I know Frost wasn't there due to visa issues (Tony Laureano filled in), but did 1349 have a 2nd guitarist playing with them? And do you know who it was?
Old 04-26-2010, 07:19 AM
N00B

1349 did not have 2nd guitarist, unfortunately. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they've peformed in the U.S. with two guitarists since opening for Celtic Frost in 2006. Very tight performance and Tony was great filling in as always, but I really want to see them as five piece with Frost already. On a good note, I think their new songs came off very well live.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:27 AM
N00B

Thanks, Patallica. They definitely have not had a 2nd guitarist with them on the last couple of U.S. tours (Spring 2009 and Fall 2008 (opening for Carcass)), or the one-off they played at the SXSW Festival in Austin (Spring 2008), but I think Teloch joined them as a 2nd guitarist for the short U.S. tour they did right after the Celtic Frost tour.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:50 AM
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polock91 View Post
The last song they played was FRANTIC DISEMBOWELMENT.
omg
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Old 04-26-2010, 01:16 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalN00dle View Post
WHY WOULD SKELETONWITCH CUT THOSE 4 SONGS.
Yeah man... this is my question as well. They can't cut any of them!!

I just bought tickets for this show at the HoB here in LA just to see skeletonwitch... cannot fucking wait.

Tags
1349, cannibal corpse, carcinogen, diabolic, lecherous nocturne, skeletonwitch