Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

Old 04-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Regretting my username

4/20 is the Worst Holiday Ever

So, yesterday I'm sure alot of people here, and elsewhere in the world, consumed cannabinoids in observance of the holiday. I am all for personal choice, and frankly, I think marijuana should be decriminalized because its effects are less lethal than those of other drugs, and our prisons are overflowing with nonviolent offenders. That being said....

I hate having friends that smoke (at least 3 times a week, lets say) because they are the least dependable, most forgetful, most excuse-creating people on the planet. I'm not talking about the 'occasionally' folks, I'm talking the people who don't do it enough to be called a 'pothead' or to say that they are 'addicted', but do it enough to annoy the fuck out of everyone around them. Heres a tip: do your drugs in your house and don't fucking leave! Don't come out into society for me to have to deal with you. If you're like my friend who "toked up" 6 times yesterday, and can barely function as a human being when its in his lungs/on his mind/in his pocket, then kindly fuck off and leave me out of your business. I made plans with said friend, which were promptly forgotten as soon as the bong hit his lips. Instead, he played Counterstrike with some other high douchebag because he was "too tired to walk outside."

It is very annoying when someone is high (and you aren't) and the habits, subculture, rationale of the same person are just as obnoxious when they are preparing to smoke or talking about past experiences smoking. If anyone reading this smokes, I'm not trying to bash you, because maybe you are different. But in my experiences, weed is a mood/friendship-killer.

GRRRRRRRRRR [/rant]

I'm just butthurt, sorry. Carry on.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

It's not a holiday, just an excuse for stoners to shove their hobby in your face even more, as if they didn't enough. Someone made a good point yesterday (I dunno if it was here or elsewhere): you don't see heroin addicts glorifying it. They don't have posters on their walls of poppy and they don't have all this technical jargon for it. 4/20 is lame because it just amps up how annoying stoners can be by 10,000. I only have like 2 friends who smoke weed that don't constantly talk about it/have to get high before a concert/have to smoke weed before they go out on the weekend/etc. Every other person I've come into contact with who smokes weed regularly is fucking annoying.

edit: Living in a college town (and one of the only blue counties in the state), I'm subject to fucking hippies touting how good hemp is and how harmless weed is. Holy fucking shit, they never shut the fuck up.
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse

Last edited by mankvill; 04-21-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:54 PM

i smoke weed sometimes but i get what you're saying. the ones who do it constantly all day everyday can be lame like how you described. that's why when i smoke weed i usually only do it with around people who are only gonna be smoking it.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 04-21-2010, 02:05 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 04-21-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post

DROP

OUUUUUUUUUUUT

OF LIFE

WITH

BEYOOOOOONG

IIIIINNNN

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

See, if every stoner celebrated 4/20 by getting high while listening to Dopesmoker instead of blasting Lil' Wayne from their cars while they smoked, the world would be an amazing place.
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Old 04-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Regretting my username

People act like smoking weed is an accomplishment. "Woah dude, you smoked THAT much? Awesome brah!"
Old 04-21-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
People act like smoking weed is an accomplishment. "Woah dude, you smoked THAT much? Awesome brah!"
Achievement Unlocked: Brag to 200 people who don't give a shit about how you smoke weed!
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Old 04-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Regretting my username

And....the whole subculture is stupid. I don't put posters of all the different kinds of powerade I like to drink.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Banned Asshole

Not all stoners are the same. Some actual function, hold down jobs, and live their life just fine. It has little to do with the drug and mostly to do with the type of person you're dealing with to begin with.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:44 PM
Face The Slayer

I have some friends who smoke occasionaly, and that's fine, but those who take part in the whole "St0n3r f0r l1f3" shit annoy me.