Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014
Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 04-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Crionics's Avatar
Crionics Crionics is offline
Face The Slayer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 1,808
Wait Deftones will be getting a better slot than Mastodon? Whhaaatttt? Ugh I'm not a fan of Deftones..at all
__________________
08/17- GWAR-B-Q 2013
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-21-2010, 10:41 AM
Jochen Jochen is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 412
This is a really interesting lineup, but cool nonetheless.
__________________
7/24 - NIN/Soundgarden
8/5 - Summer Slaughter
8/8 - Soulfly
8/29 - Sleep
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-21-2010, 10:44 AM
makethemsuffer12's Avatar
makethemsuffer12 makethemsuffer12 is online now
welp
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Definitely not gonna go see fake Alice in Chains with Mastodon opening and a shitty nu-metal band inbetween.
Fuck off, William Duvall>you.

Will definately go to this if they come around on a reasonable date. Deftones can blow me, though.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-21-2010, 10:51 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,332
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crionics View Post
Wait Deftones will be getting a better slot than Mastodon? Whhaaatttt? Ugh I'm not a fan of Deftones..at all
It's the Vitek situation.

Member dies (or is in a coma), band gets insane press, when band finally comes back, they are hyped beyond belief and get billed higher than they should.
__________________
07/24 - Mutilation Rites
07/25 - Masked Intruder
07/27 - Touche Amore
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-21-2010, 10:51 AM
makethemsuffer12's Avatar
makethemsuffer12 makethemsuffer12 is online now
welp
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,278
http://www.blackdiamondskye.com/

Must be something special if they're giving the tour its own website.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-21-2010, 11:30 AM
IrritatedTrout's Avatar
IrritatedTrout IrritatedTrout is offline
Not a number, I'm a free man
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
Fuck off, William Duvall>you.

Will definately go to this if they come around on a reasonable date. Deftones can blow me, though.
DuVall rules, and yeah, Deftones can go fuck themselves. Maybe me and my buddy will bring that day's newspaper to the show and read it between Mastodon and AiC. Would be more interesting than whatever is going on onstage.
__________________
6/17 - Meshuggah
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
6/29 - Blaze Bayley - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-21-2010, 11:33 AM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
Maybe me and my buddy will bring that day's newspaper to the show and read it between Mastodon and AiC.
Priceless. Reading the newspaper is the new Uno. It's funny because it's way more obvious and therefore more directly insulting. I'd love to see some pix or video of a bro or sis reading a newspaper during a shitty band's set. MAKE IT HAPPEN!
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter (?)
8/9 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa (?)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-21-2010, 11:33 AM
mastodon421's Avatar
mastodon421 mastodon421 is online now
Not popular in Buffalo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swampscott,Massachusetts
Posts: 6,608
The Deftones do suck. This should be a cool tour though I will proably go.
__________________
7/19 KSE/Unearth/ATB
7/22 Converge
8/9 Summer Slaughter
9/28 Coheed

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
It's the Vitek situation.

Member dies (or is in a coma), band gets insane press, when band finally comes back, they are hyped beyond belief and get billed higher than they should.
While I don't doubt this isn't a reason for the higher billing, you need to realise that the Deftones are more popular than Mastodon. Which always plays into who goes up on stage first. I'm not a fan of theirs but they do have some popular albums. If I recall they've got a couple albums that have gone platinum in the US. Something Mastodon has yet to, and probably never will achieve. The sympathy card can always been played well to one's advantage but more often then not in music, the band with the better album sales is the band that gets higher billing.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-21-2010, 11:39 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,332
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
While I don't doubt this isn't a reason for the higher billing, you need to realise that the Deftones are more popular than Mastodon. Which always plays into who goes up on stage first. I'm not a fan of theirs but they do have some popular albums. If I recall they've got a couple albums that have gone platinum in the US. Something Mastodon has yet to, and probably never will achieve. The sympathy card can always been played well to one's advantage but more often then not in music, the band with the better album sales is the band that gets higher billing.
Yeah, but correct me if I'm wrong, but no one was really caring about the Deftones (nor do I think they were really doing anything...) until their bassist went into a coma. Right?
__________________
07/24 - Mutilation Rites
07/25 - Masked Intruder
07/27 - Touche Amore
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:16 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008