It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014
Puya -- Washington, D.C. -- September 17th, 2014

Old 05-28-2010, 01:25 PM
I can't stop thinking big

Chicago in 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Good to have your support.

I am so excited for this. Been watching all sorts of interviews and whatnot all day, can't believe it's really happening. Everywhere I turn people are talking about how the Flyers don't have a shot, but I don't get it. After the way the past 6 weeks have gone, I feel like the team has no limits. As long as they keep playing the way they generally have been the entire playoffs - it's very possible. Certainly not gonna be a short/easy series either way.
Hawks in 5, and here's why:

1. Philly has not faced a team with the scoring depth of the Chicago Blackhawks all playoffs. Let's face it, New Jersey choked as usual, Boston had key injuries and struggled to score all season, and Montreal rode the hot hand of Mike Cammilleri. Now look at Chicago's weapons: Toews, Kane, Byfulgien, Sharp, Hossa, Bolland, Versteeg, Ladd, Madden....they have three lines that can score. That is by far the most offense Philly has had to deal with all year. Chris Pronger can't be on the ice all the time, and eventually one of those lines will bust through.

2. Antti Niemi > Michael Leighton. Niemi has had to contend with Vancouver and San Jose, two teams with a lot of offensive firepower and stole a couple games for the Blackhawks in the conference finals. San Jose fired over 40 shots at him game after game. Leighton, on the other hand, had to face over 30 shots only once in the conference finals against Montreal....and they lost that game. In the end, I think the rookie's experience facing tough opponents will pay off.

3. Chicago knows they have to get it done this year. Once summer hits, the salary cap will ravage their lineup like it did to my Red Wings last year. This is a one-year deal for these guys. Plus, the Flyers have lost their past 5 finals.

If Philly can steal one in Chicago, it could go 6 or 7 games, but Chicago is 7-1 on the road. Jeff Carter and Ian Laperriere returning to the lineup vastly improves Philly's chances, and Chris Pronger, as much as I hate the guy, knows how to win. Plus there's always the rust factor of not playing for a week. My view may change after Saturday's game, but I like Chicago in 5.

What a first post lol.

Last edited by JLRedWing13; 05-28-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:37 PM
N00B

Quote:
This
Old 05-29-2010, 08:33 PM

WOW

That was a GREAT game. I'm hoping I'm wrong and this series is longer than 5....
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
Old 05-31-2010, 04:27 AM
Bohab

HAWKS IN 4 BABY!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 07:49 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWAR654 View Post
HAWKS IN 4 BABY!!!!!!!
Yeah... not gonna happen. I'm fairly positive that no matter who wins, this is gonna be at least 5 or 6 games.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Yeah... not gonna happen. I'm fairly positive that no matter who wins, this is gonna be at least 5 or 6 games.
You guys better hope you win tonight then, the Hawks don't lose on the road.
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
Old 06-01-2010, 06:53 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLRedWing13 View Post
But I dunno man the Dallas Mavs were good on the road during the NBA season this year and didn't beat San Antonio once in the playoffs.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:48 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLRedWing13 View Post
But the Flyers don't lose at home.

I'm trying not to get overly upset, but this one-goal shit is annoying. It would almost be easier to deal with if the games were blow-outs where Chicago clearly bested the Flyers. But yeah, I feel like if the game last night would've been 2 minutes longer we would've tied it and sent it to over-time - the Flyers dominated the entire third period.

Everyone was better last night though. I'm still really excited to see Game 3.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:49 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

I didn't see the game, but on Sportscenter this morning they were saying the Flyers were the better team. I have to take that with a grain of salt, though, because the people on SC don't know shit about hockey.

Judging by the score, it looks like everyone's calmed down a bit. If Niemi continues to be that good, you guys might have a tough time.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:56 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
I didn't see the game, but on Sportscenter this morning they were saying the Flyers were the better team. I have to take that with a grain of salt, though, because the people on SC don't know shit about hockey.

Judging by the score, it looks like everyone's calmed down a bit. If Niemi continues to be that good, you guys might have a tough time.
I think the better team changed throughout the game. The first period was pretty even, hence the no goals. Second period was Chicago, third period was the Flyers. As I said in my last post - unless there had been a colossal momentum change, if there were 2 more minutes the Flyers could've scored and sent it to overtime.

I think next game will decide it. If the Flyers win, I think it has a chance to go 6 or 7 games - but if they don't, I think Chicago will probably finish them off in 4 or 5.