ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 1 -- Atlanta, GA -- September
Samhain -- Chicago, IL -- September 13th, 2014
Hatebreed -- Detroit, MI -- September 12th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Banned Asshole

Dan Dismal & Jenocide's Fiesta -- Boyle Heights, CA -- April 17th, 2010

Got to Boyle Heights in East L.A., CA at around 6 PM. Noone showed up until around 8 PM. In that time me and my friend just hung out and went in random flea-market type stores.

We both got really drunk and entered the venue in the middle of the band Ashkira's set. Prior to them playing we had talked to them and hung out with them. They were incredibly good and very talented! Check them out and show some rep for underground metal, they came all the way from San Francisco to play this show. Link to their myspace We hung out and talked to them for a long time after, until they decided they were gonna make the drive back.

A few bands played who we didn't care for too much and then we had to leave because of curfew and gay shit. Such a fun night, even though it wasn't too amazing music-wise, with the exception of Ashkira, we had a great time and partied.

Daniel Dismal is an essential part of the Los Angeles Metal Scene, and without him, there would be no underground metal shows worthwhile. Happy Birthday to him and it was very unfortunate that me and my friend had to leave before his band, the Dolemite Project, could play. Hopefully next time.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:02 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Yeah Dan is a great guy. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have seen half of my favorites bands live, like Eyehategod or Saint Vitus. Its sad to hear that he''s loosing his ass on shows lately cause the scene is starting to die in LA. He lost so much money when no one showed up to Pentagram. Sucks there is no Murderfest this year cause I heard Napalm Death was going to headline. Hopefully he doesn't loose any money on Trash De Mayo

Tags
ashkira