Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Neurosis -- Tucson, AZ -- October 18, 2014
The Empty Hearts -- Cranston, RI -- October 19th, 2014
King Diamond -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 18th, 2014
Satan -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 17th, 2014
Deicide -- Kansas City, MO -- October 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Red Sparowes -- Sheffield, England -- July 12th, 2008

Venue: Corporation
Source: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/red-sp...-43d6eb7f.html

So I was just surfing the interwebs trying to find any information I could on what I might expect to see this Sunday at the Grog Shop. I didn't expect to find much, and my expectations were fulfilled. I also knew going in that this was going to be one hell of a tough show for me to get the currect setlist for when I see it, but damn - I wasn't kidding. Outside of getting one's hands on a hard copy of the setlist, asking the band (which might not even yield accurate results!) or recording the show on video (which I might try to do), there is just no way! Besides the fact that all of Red Sparowes' music is instrumental - which makes setlisting tough to begin with - their song titles are very long and difficult to remember...and therein lies the reason for my post. Check this shit out:

Red Sparowes Setlist
  1. The great leap forward poured down upon us one day like a mighty storm, suddenly and furiously blinding our senses.
  2. A message of avarice rained down upon us and carried us away into false dreams of endless riches.
  3. Error has turned animals into men, and to each the fold repeats.
  4. Like the howling glory of the darkest winds, this voice was thunderous and the words holy, tangling their way around our hearts and clutching our innocent awe.
  5. We left the apes to rot, but find the fang grows within.
  6. Alone and unaware, the landscape was transformed in front of our eyes.
  7. Buildings began to stretch wide across the sky, and the air filled with a reddish glow.
  8. The fear is excruciating, but therein lies the answer.
If you can go to a Red Sparowes show and get the setlist 100% correct using nothing but a pen and paper (or by typing it into your mobile phone or however you do it), then you are officially my hero.

Anyways, I just wanted to ramble on a bit because I'm really starting to get stoked for this show. Caspian fucking kills, too. This is gonna be incredible.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:52 AM
N00B

Thats a pretty great set, I hope they keep it similar to that when I see them. I hope Caspian gets a good amount of time too, I've been listening to Tertia since I heard about this tour and it's awesome.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:51 AM

Nice to see a fellow post-rock fan on here. I think Brad (DethMaiden) might be one of the only others that I know of...but it's a genre that I enjoy immensely. In case you're interested, here is a setlist for a recent Caspian show:

Caspian Concert at T. T. The Bear's Place, Cambridge, MA, USA Setlist on February 27, 2010
  1. La Cerva
  2. Ghosts of the Garden City
  3. Some Are White Light
  4. Concrescence
  5. The Raven
  6. Sycamore
    Encore:
  7. Quovis
  8. Further Up
  9. Further In

The only song in the main set above that isn't from "Tertia" is the third track "Some Are White Light", which is an awesome song from their previous album "The Four Trees" (which I love). The three encore songs are from their debut EP "You Are the Conductor", which is also fantastic. I'm hoping they have at least one of the two previous albums for sale on their tour, because I don't have either one yet, and I've been looking for them for ages. I think they might be out of print, though, so I wouldn't be surprised to only see them offering "Tertia", which I already have (and yes, it's awesome!).

Last edited by Natrlhi; 04-15-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:07 PM
We're dying on the inside

At least the song titles on their new one are short and thus easy to remember. That's a cool set though, I'd love to see Red Sparowes someday.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
At least the song titles on their new one are short and thus easy to remember. That's a cool set though, I'd love to see Red Sparowes someday.
Yeah, the new song titles mixed in with the older ones is going to look funny.

Concerning the song titles, those from the last two albums were meant to be read together, one after another, as a sort of brief "story" which describes the central theme of each album - the first one being the theory that man is destroying the planet, and the second one being about the Great Leap Forward and the killing of the sparrows during that time (which is what gave the band their name). Anyway, this album's liner notes include a short piece of prose which is the longest "background story" yet, and the short song titles are all taken from that. In other words, each song is somewhat of a reflection on that same concept within the overall story of the album.

I've been thinking about posting a review of the album. I should do that, and I could also include the story and show how it relates to the song titles, in case anyone is interested. Which means you. Maybe.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 04-15-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:17 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Nice to see a fellow post-rock fan on here. I think Brad (DethMaiden) might be one of the only others that I know of...but it's a genre that I enjoy immensely. In case you're interested, here is a setlist for a recent Caspian show:

Caspian Concert at T. T. The Bear's Place, Cambridge, MA, USA Setlist on February 27, 2010
  1. La Cerva
  2. Ghosts of the Garden City
  3. Some Are White Light
  4. Concrescence
  5. The Raven
  6. Sycamore
    Encore:
  7. Quovis
  8. Further Up
  9. Further In

The only song in the main set above that isn't from "Tertia" is the third track "Some Are White Light", which is an awesome song from their previous album "The Four Trees" (which I love). The three encore songs are from their debut EP "You Are the Conductor", which is also fantastic. I'm hoping they have at least one of the two previous albums for sale on their tour, because I don't have either one yet, and I've been looking for them for ages. I think they might be out of print, though, so I wouldn't be surprised to only see them offering "Tertia", which I already have (and yes, it's awesome!).
Ah wonderful! They're playing Sycamore. Well fuck, I just got a whole lot more excited for this show now!
Old 04-15-2010, 01:26 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Yeah, the new song titles mixed in with the older ones is going to look funny.

Concerning the song titles, those from the last two albums were meant to be read together, one after another, as a sort of brief "story" which describes the central theme of each album - the first one being the theory that man is destroying the planet, and the second one being about the Great Leap Forward and the killing of the sparrows during that time (which is what gave the band their name). Anyway, this album's liner notes include a short piece of prose which is the longest "background story" yet, and the short song titles are all taken from that. In other words, each song is somewhat of a reflection on that same concept within the overall story of the album.

I've been thinking about posting a review of the album. I should do that, and I could also include the story and show how it relates to the song titles, in case anyone is interested. Which means you. Maybe.
I'd read it. Very cool little album.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:54 PM
Behold the vastness and sorrow

I must say that I will be quite pleased with that set if they stick with it when I see them in May. I don't think I'll be able to manage to write their set list when I see them though, because as noted, their song names are overwhelming.

Tags
caspian, red sparowes