Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014

Old 04-15-2010, 07:39 AM
Banned Asshole

TOOL (ALBUM!) NEWS!

(from theprp.com)

Tool’s latest newsletter reveals that initial writing sessions are underway for the bands next album.

An excerpt from the newsletter can be found below:

“Members of the band are still in the process of writing new material (three days a week), and with the latest leg of the “Puscifer” tour nearing completion, it shouldn’t be long before the dry-erase board is filled with a bewildering array of color-coded intros, progressions, agitatos, con sordinos, crescendos, diatonics, inversions, resolutions, transitions, variations, obbligatos, consonance, and endings – the arrangements that millions will attempt to down-load off the internet.”

Well it's better than nothing. I'm so sick of Maynard wasting time with Pucifier. I don't know one person that likes that fucking band. Can't wait to hear some new stuff, and more importantly, see TOOL live again!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Yeah, I heard about this, too. Like you said, it's better than no news, but I'll hold off getting excited until I read some track listings or an album title, or see a release date (even if it's just a projected date). Knowing what perfectionists these guys are, the new album could be anywhere from six to nine months, to a couple of years away (maybe not that long, but you get the point).
Old 04-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Banned Asshole

Pucifer is great live, the c.d.s don't do the project justice.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:14 PM
Held together at it's last seams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Yeah, I heard about this, too. Like you said, it's better than no news, but I'll hold off getting excited until I read some track listings or an album title, or see a release date (even if it's just a projected date). Knowing what perfectionists these guys are, the new album could be anywhere from six to nine months, to a couple of years away (maybe not that long, but you get the point).
That's the problem, albums always get announced too early, and get pushed back. Knowing there will be new music is good enough for now, waited 3 years for a new Slipknot C.D., and wasn't disappointed.