Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 14th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 04-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
The fact that The Wall is Roger's baby is why it's the worst Floyd album from 1971 on.
Ok, for one, why is your time frame from 1971 and on when 'The Wall' was released in 1979? Oh, I get it, so you could have real albums to compare it to, since 'The Final Cut' and the two albums with no Roger Waters were complete shit and were the only albums released after 'The Wall'

The sad thing is that you kids bash the fuck out of Roger for no reason saying he made Pink Floyd suck when in reality he wrote most of the songs you hold near and dear to your heart. What is your favorite Floyd album of all time? I bet you that Waters wrote and/or was included in the process of writing more songs on that album than Gimour. Why do I make such a bold bet? Probably cause its true on every album! (excluding their first album and their last two albums of course)

Without Roger Waters, there would be no Pink Floyd. Not that I don't think that for David as well, but its to much less of an extent.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:41 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Meat1940 View Post
Ok, for one, why is your time frame from 1971 and on when 'The Wall' was released in 1979? Oh, I get it, so you could have real albums to compare it to, since 'The Final Cut' and the two albums with no Roger Waters were complete shit and were the only albums released after 'The Wall'

The sad thing is that you kids bash the fuck out of Roger for no reason saying he made Pink Floyd suck when in reality he wrote most of the songs you hold near and dear to your heart. What is your favorite Floyd album of all time? I bet you that Waters wrote and/or was included in the process of writing more songs on that album than Gimour. Why do I make such a bold bet? Probably cause its true on every album! (excluding their first album and their last two albums of course)

Without Roger Waters, there would be no Pink Floyd. Not that I don't think that for David as well, but its to much less of an extent.
If you think A Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell are pure shit then I feel very sorry for you.

Look, I'm not saying I hate Roger, I understand how important he was to the band. I know Animals was just as much a Roger album as The Wall, but the difference is Animals was very, very good.

And I disagree that it was "less of an extent" with David because his playing is what really attracts me to Pink Floyd's music, and I think the albums that he plays on and Roger doesn't are quite good, and I like his solo shit, which I can't say about Roger.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Meat1940 View Post
The sad thing is that you kids bash the fuck out of Roger for no reason saying he made Pink Floyd suck when in reality he wrote most of the songs you hold near and dear to your heart.
Um...no. Not true at all. Yea Roger did take part in the writing, but he also let his band mates write with him. He released they were a collaborative team rather than his backing band. The Wall is when that notion completely ended.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
If you think A Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell are pure shit then I feel very sorry for you.

Look, I'm not saying I hate Roger, I understand how important he was to the band. I know Animals was just as much a Roger album as The Wall, but the difference is Animals was very, very good.

And I disagree that it was "less of an extent" with David because his playing is what really attracts me to Pink Floyd's music, and I think the albums that he plays on and Roger doesn't are quite good, and I like his solo shit, which I can't say about Roger.

1. I may have been going a little overboard by saying the were PURE shit, but they aren't on my top list of Floyd albums by any means and never will be when compared to their releases with Roger.

2. Darkside of the Moon as well. I'd very much like to hear your opinion as to why 'The Wall' isn't a good album. Another thing, PLEASE DON'T THINK THE WALL IS MY FAVORITE ALBUM BY PINK FLOYD considering that it's not by any means. There are quite a few that hold higher places but I still think 'The Wall' is a great album that has rightfully deserved it's place as one of the better albums that they made. I'm just sick of everyone talking out of their ass about how terrible Roger Waters is and blah blah blah. Not saying that you personally are talking out of your ass mind you, I'm just talking about Pink Floyd "fans" in general.

3. While he may be a good player, take a step back and think about who was choosing his notes and rhythms on many songs. He wrote for himself on albums as well, but Roger did write a fair amount of the guitar parts too. I don't like either of their solo efforts so I really don't take that into consideration.

The truth is, one single member didn't "ruin" Pink Floyd, they all had a hand in their demise.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Um...no. Not true at all. Yea Roger did take part in the writing, but he also let his band mates write with him. He released they were a collaborative team rather than his backing band. The Wall is when that notion completely ended.
Read a little further sweetie, I know that was a long post but it helps to read things in their entirety. Ill help you out. I even capitalized what I wanted you to read in case it was still too many words.

I said:

"The sad thing is that you kids bash the fuck out of Roger for no reason saying he made Pink Floyd suck when in reality he wrote most of the songs you hold near and dear to your heart. What is your favorite Floyd album of all time? I BET YOU THAT WATERS WROTE AND/OR WAS INCLUDED IN THE PROCESS OF WRITING MORE SONGS ON THAT ALBUM THAN GILMOUR. Why do I make such a bold bet? Probably cause its true on every album! (excluding their first album and their last two albums of course)"
Old 04-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Banned Asshole

error. hehe
Old 04-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

I wish there was no Pink Floyd.
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Old 04-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Sad Wings Of Destiny

Depending on ticket prices I will probably see this. Fuck the haters, The Wall rules.
10/15 - Amon Amarth, Sabaton
Old 04-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Catch The Rainbow

Quote:
Comfortably Numb might be my favorite Floyd song and has my favorite Floyd solo, and there's a half dozen really good songs on there, but Jesus, it's an hour and a half long and half of that is interludes and intros. Roger was waaaaay too full of himself to make a good album at that point.
Mother
Young Lust
Hey You
Comfortably Numb
Run Like Hell
Another Brick In The Wall 1-3

The rest: Meh!
Old 04-12-2010, 02:05 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Maiden View Post
Mother
Young Lust
Hey You
Comfortably Numb
Run Like Hell
Another Brick In The Wall 1-3

The rest: Meh!
I quite like Nobody Home, but I don't particularly like the Another Brick in the Wall tracks.