Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 14th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 04-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Uncle_Meat1940 Uncle_Meat1940 is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
The fact that The Wall is Roger's baby is why it's the worst Floyd album from 1971 on.
Ok, for one, why is your time frame from 1971 and on when 'The Wall' was released in 1979? Oh, I get it, so you could have real albums to compare it to, since 'The Final Cut' and the two albums with no Roger Waters were complete shit and were the only albums released after 'The Wall'

The sad thing is that you kids bash the fuck out of Roger for no reason saying he made Pink Floyd suck when in reality he wrote most of the songs you hold near and dear to your heart. What is your favorite Floyd album of all time? I bet you that Waters wrote and/or was included in the process of writing more songs on that album than Gimour. Why do I make such a bold bet? Probably cause its true on every album! (excluding their first album and their last two albums of course)

Without Roger Waters, there would be no Pink Floyd. Not that I don't think that for David as well, but its to much less of an extent.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-12-2010, 12:41 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Meat1940 View Post
Ok, for one, why is your time frame from 1971 and on when 'The Wall' was released in 1979? Oh, I get it, so you could have real albums to compare it to, since 'The Final Cut' and the two albums with no Roger Waters were complete shit and were the only albums released after 'The Wall'

The sad thing is that you kids bash the fuck out of Roger for no reason saying he made Pink Floyd suck when in reality he wrote most of the songs you hold near and dear to your heart. What is your favorite Floyd album of all time? I bet you that Waters wrote and/or was included in the process of writing more songs on that album than Gimour. Why do I make such a bold bet? Probably cause its true on every album! (excluding their first album and their last two albums of course)

Without Roger Waters, there would be no Pink Floyd. Not that I don't think that for David as well, but its to much less of an extent.
If you think A Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell are pure shit then I feel very sorry for you.

Look, I'm not saying I hate Roger, I understand how important he was to the band. I know Animals was just as much a Roger album as The Wall, but the difference is Animals was very, very good.

And I disagree that it was "less of an extent" with David because his playing is what really attracts me to Pink Floyd's music, and I think the albums that he plays on and Roger doesn't are quite good, and I like his solo shit, which I can't say about Roger.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-12-2010, 12:52 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Meat1940 View Post
The sad thing is that you kids bash the fuck out of Roger for no reason saying he made Pink Floyd suck when in reality he wrote most of the songs you hold near and dear to your heart.
Um...no. Not true at all. Yea Roger did take part in the writing, but he also let his band mates write with him. He released they were a collaborative team rather than his backing band. The Wall is when that notion completely ended.
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Uncle_Meat1940 Uncle_Meat1940 is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
If you think A Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell are pure shit then I feel very sorry for you.

Look, I'm not saying I hate Roger, I understand how important he was to the band. I know Animals was just as much a Roger album as The Wall, but the difference is Animals was very, very good.

And I disagree that it was "less of an extent" with David because his playing is what really attracts me to Pink Floyd's music, and I think the albums that he plays on and Roger doesn't are quite good, and I like his solo shit, which I can't say about Roger.


1. I may have been going a little overboard by saying the were PURE shit, but they aren't on my top list of Floyd albums by any means and never will be when compared to their releases with Roger.

2. Darkside of the Moon as well. I'd very much like to hear your opinion as to why 'The Wall' isn't a good album. Another thing, PLEASE DON'T THINK THE WALL IS MY FAVORITE ALBUM BY PINK FLOYD considering that it's not by any means. There are quite a few that hold higher places but I still think 'The Wall' is a great album that has rightfully deserved it's place as one of the better albums that they made. I'm just sick of everyone talking out of their ass about how terrible Roger Waters is and blah blah blah. Not saying that you personally are talking out of your ass mind you, I'm just talking about Pink Floyd "fans" in general.

3. While he may be a good player, take a step back and think about who was choosing his notes and rhythms on many songs. He wrote for himself on albums as well, but Roger did write a fair amount of the guitar parts too. I don't like either of their solo efforts so I really don't take that into consideration.

The truth is, one single member didn't "ruin" Pink Floyd, they all had a hand in their demise.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Uncle_Meat1940 Uncle_Meat1940 is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Um...no. Not true at all. Yea Roger did take part in the writing, but he also let his band mates write with him. He released they were a collaborative team rather than his backing band. The Wall is when that notion completely ended.
Read a little further sweetie, I know that was a long post but it helps to read things in their entirety. Ill help you out. I even capitalized what I wanted you to read in case it was still too many words.

I said:

"The sad thing is that you kids bash the fuck out of Roger for no reason saying he made Pink Floyd suck when in reality he wrote most of the songs you hold near and dear to your heart. What is your favorite Floyd album of all time? I BET YOU THAT WATERS WROTE AND/OR WAS INCLUDED IN THE PROCESS OF WRITING MORE SONGS ON THAT ALBUM THAN GILMOUR. Why do I make such a bold bet? Probably cause its true on every album! (excluding their first album and their last two albums of course)"
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Uncle_Meat1940 Uncle_Meat1940 is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 465
error. hehe
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-12-2010, 01:23 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,619
Blog Entries: 19
I wish there was no Pink Floyd.
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-12-2010, 01:50 PM
girnny777's Avatar
girnny777 girnny777 is offline
Sad Wings Of Destiny
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Trumbull, CT
Posts: 781
Depending on ticket prices I will probably see this. Fuck the haters, The Wall rules.
__________________
9/9 - Ghoul
9/15 - Accept, Raven
9/26 - Overkill
10/15 - Amon Amarth, Sabaton
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Fe Maiden's Avatar
Fe Maiden Fe Maiden is offline
Catch The Rainbow
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA USA
Posts: 3,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Comfortably Numb might be my favorite Floyd song and has my favorite Floyd solo, and there's a half dozen really good songs on there, but Jesus, it's an hour and a half long and half of that is interludes and intros. Roger was waaaaay too full of himself to make a good album at that point.
Mother
Young Lust
Hey You
Comfortably Numb
Run Like Hell
Another Brick In The Wall 1-3


The rest: Meh!
__________________
Symphony X 2-21-12
Iron Maiden 8-9-12
RUSH 11-17-12
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-12-2010, 02:05 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Maiden View Post
Mother
Young Lust
Hey You
Comfortably Numb
Run Like Hell
Another Brick In The Wall 1-3


The rest: Meh!
I quite like Nobody Home, but I don't particularly like the Another Brick in the Wall tracks.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:55 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008