Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014
Mastodon -- Nordfjordied, Norway -- July 18th, 2014
Queens of the Stone Age -- Philadelphia, PA -- July 20th, 2014
Queensryche -- Waukesha, WI -- July 19th, 2014
Killswitch Engage -- Providence, RI -- July 19th, 2014

Old 04-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

I definitely have to say my biggest active regret is the fact that I didn't start going to shows until December 05. I missed Therion playing in Worcester by three months. Of course, I didn't know who Therion was at the time - but at the time of my first show (Children of Bodom) I didn't know who CoB was, had only heard the name a few times from other people and wanted to give them a shot.

Also, due to age (And not knowing about the festival until after the fact), I missed Morgana Lefay at Chicago Powerfests 05 and 06. 05 is a bigger regret than 06, because Tad Morose played 05 as well, and Charles was sick in 06 so the performance suffered.

On to active regrets, that I actually missed with full awareness of them:

1) ProgPower USA IX. Riverside, Andromeda, Iron Savior, Jon Oliva's Pain, Elvenking, Iced Earth, Amorphis, and also Manticora at the pre-party. I had a ticket and everything, but couldn't make it in the end.

2) Maryland Deathfest 2009. BOLT THROWER, and a bunch of other bands I wanted to see. Again, had a ticket. Even had my bus fare all paid for and everything...and had to cancel my plans the weekend before the show.

3) ProgPower USA X. Didn't have a ticket to this one, but, god damn. Crimson Glory, Fates Warning, Pagan's Mind, Orphaned Land, Sabaton, Royal Hunt...it always seems like every year there's so many bands I'd want to see.

4) Destroyer 666 & Vital Remains, and Obituary in September 2009. If I remember correctly, these were both the same night. It's a no brainer which I would have picked (D666 and VR), but couldn't make it to either. I think I had my wisdom teeth taken out that day, and didn't feel much like doing anything but sleeping.

5) Vital Remains & Deicide in February 2009. I think it was originally on a Saturday, and I had every intention of going, but we had some bad weather and it had to be rescheduled, and ended up being on a weeknight. Stupid excuse to miss something this close to my house, but I ended up missing it

6) Opeth & Enslaved, and Gojira in May 2009. Again, they were both the same night. I remember not wanting to drive into Boston for some reason, but couldn't get an accurate route for taking the train & subway (everyone I asked gave me completely different answers), so I skipped on Opeth. I was also too tired from Paganfest the night before, and decided not to take the drive to Worcester for Gojira. I'm an idiot. I really wish I had made it to one of these, now.

7) Leaving before The Misfits and Type O Negative played last year at Rock & Shock. I was there primarily for God Dethroned anyways, and Saint Vitus had just kicked my ass. It was only a week after I had had surgery, and was still in some pain, plus my friend was exhausted and sick. He offered to just call up his mom and let her come get him, but being a good friend, I brought him home. I wanted to see Misfits and Type O, but I was seeing Moonspell the next day in NYC so I figured it would even out. He's become a prick since then, and now I regret doing anything remotely considerate for him and missing two bands for the jackass.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:35 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

i shouldve seen priest last summer
Old 04-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Play it loud, don't play it low

Don't really have any concert regrets that I can think of. After going to metal concerts for almost 26 years, I've seen just about every group I've wanted to. Usually multiple times.

I still want to see the Crown. Don't recall them ever coming to Dallas. Now that they're back together, maybe I'll get to.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Unhealer

- Blind Guardian in 2006. I had juust seen my first metal show two months prior to this and was itching for another one, but I couldn't make it. Arrgh.

- After Forever in 2007. The closest they played was to forty people at an 18+ club in New Hampshire. I was sixteen at the time. I thought, "Oh, well, they'll come back!" ... and then they broke up. FAIL. It's still one of my life goals to see Floor live. (ReVamp tour? maybe? )

- Paganfest 2008. Although it was probably a good thing I missed this, considering that all the bands got shafted because of NEMHF, I got into most of these bands last year and severely regret not at least making an effort to go.

- Basically every ProgPower lineup ever.

And I still come across tour dates now and then that make me go "WHAT THE FUCK, WHY DIDN'T I KNOW ABOUT THEM AT THE TIME ". It's not a very nice feeling.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
i shouldve seen priest last summer
Better that you didnt they sucked.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
Shame that you didnt they kicked ass.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 04-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
Must've been the particular gig.

Latest gig I'm bummed about missing was last nights Slough Feg/Bible of the Devil shred fest here in LA, 21+ Last few months of dealing with it.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:40 PM
In Search of Truth

Frankly I think Priest live sucks all the time. Not in terms of technical performances but in terms of entertainment value. Both times I saw them I was ridiculously bored.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:43 PM

i remember reading in the last thread many people regretted not seeing At The Gates. so glad i saw the show here in LA. one of the best shows i've seen.

also: i regret not seeing Carcass on both reunion tours. i mean the only album i really like from them is Heartwork, but from reviews it sounded like they were amazing live.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 04-12-2010, 07:17 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
also: i regret not seeing Carcass on both reunion tours. i mean the only album i really like from them is Heartwork, but from reviews it sounded like they were amazing live.
They were, drove 7 hours to Kentucky to see them and I'm so glad I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Frankly I think Priest live sucks all the time. Not in terms of technical performances but in terms of entertainment value. Both times I saw them I was ridiculously bored.
I guess it just depends on how much you like them. They're my second favorite band and both times I've seen them I was entertained to the max. Hell, the first time I saw them was one of my best concerts ever (of course having Testament, Motorhead, and Sabbath on the bill helped).
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac