Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014

Old 04-09-2010, 07:24 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by undergroundrage View Post
FFDP are not one of the bands I was arguing for. There are far worse bands out there, yeah, but I don't have a problem with people hating them, i can see why they are hated. I do not understand how anyone who likes metal can say that LOG sucks. And no one here has been able to give me a single reason as to why they suck.
If you like them, then yeah, you're not gonna get it. They suck, in my opinion, because they're all swagger and no substance, they're macho posturing music at its worst, they've never written a good or original song, they give people the wrong idea about what metal is, and they're completely the opposite of fun to listen to. You like them, so you disagree with all of that. I don't need to give a reason why they suck, but if I had to, there's several.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Banned Asshole

That proved to me that you've never really listened to Lamb of God, or Chimaira. All swagger, no substance? Maybe their beginnings, but not what they've released on their last few efforts. You're confusing these bands with Hardcore bands, it seems. Listen to WRATH, I mean, really listen to the music and what Randy is saying. Same goes for Chimaira with Resurrection. It's not just swagger and there is a lot of substance. Then to say that about Fear Factory and Pantera as well? Are you serious?

You're right, I 100% disagree with you and it's not because I like the bands, it's because you'd have to be ignorant and hard headed to not see talent and substance with the bands. It's like if I said Mastodon (you seem to like them) sucked. I may not be a huge fan, but I respect the hell out of what they do and would never say they suck. Lyrically, they have nothing to talk about, there is no substance, but they do not suck...yet you seem to like them, and hate bands like LOG. Looking at your sig, you don't seem to like 'real life' bands and want more fantasy, dungeons and dragons type stuff. Whatever bro, it's your taste. I'm not going to say it sucks, because I'm not that ignorant. But you saying the bands I mentioned have no substance, and suck, is ignorant.

I think a lot of people form opinions on bands based on one or two songs that they have heard, and if it's the wrong songs, they will dump the band into a category that doesn't even fit with reality.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Lamb of God writes totally generic, uninsipired, dumbed down "metal" which appeals to the most amount of people at once because it's working class metal music. It's nothing fancy, nothing out of the ordinary, just generic and catchy enough that people with just a passing curiosity in metal music can get hooked easily and will eagerly gobble up anything the band puts out from then on, because it can only go up from there. If I disregard the image and the lyrics completely, it's still just a generic metal band in the same vein as Pantera. Nothing special, but they are huge because people who don't know about anything better think they are God's gift to the metal scene.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Looking at your sig, you don't seem to like 'real life' bands and want more fantasy, dungeons and dragons type stuff.
Also - WAT? You did notice that he's going to see EyeHateGod, right?
Old 04-09-2010, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Not to mention the fact that, as far as I know, not one goddamn band in my sig writes fantasy/D&D lyrics, even if Mastodon occasionally come close.

Not that I'm surprised that a Lamb of God fan has a totally irrelevant, lyric-centric attitude about music.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Not really I just glanced and seen Iron Maiden, DT and Mastodon.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Not really I just glanced and seen Iron Maiden, DT and Mastodon.
Call me crazy, but I think Maiden, DT and Mastodon sing mostly about literature, history, and life experiences.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Not to mention the fact that, as far as I know, not one goddamn band in my sig writes fantasy/D&D lyrics, even if Mastodon occasionally come close.

Not that I'm surprised that a Lamb of God fan has a totally irrelevant, lyric-centric attitude about music.
You would find more variety on my iTunes than most people here, and it includes pretty much every band in your sig. I listen to different bands for different things. You have just, ignorantly, stereotyped me without even knowing shit about what kinds of music I like. You just see me defending LOG and other popular bands and think that's all I listen to. Sorry, it's not the case at all. I just can't stand when people say they suck. I listen to a lot of shit that you could say sucks and I wouldn't have a problem with it, but LOG (along with the other bands in this topic) do not fall into this category.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Call me crazy, but I think Maiden, DT and Mastodon sing mostly about literature, history, and life experiences.
And LOG (I'll just focus on them, it's too hard to bring the rest into this topic) doesn't?
Old 04-09-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
And LOG (I'll just focus on them, it's too hard to bring the rest into this topic) doesn't?
My point is more that lyrics are wholly irrelevant to this debate. Lamb of God lyrics could be the best poetry since Pablo Neruda and I would still think that they suck.