Protest the Hero -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 27th, 2014
Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 04-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
What I'm wondering is with them playing so many outdoor amphitheaters during the summer, the sun doesn't set until late at night so how will anyone be able to enjoy their elaborate light show?
Have you seen them live before? They always start when it's light out. They just don't do many lighting and speciall effects in the first half of the show. The second half is always where the cool stuff happens. They've been doing outdoor venues with this format since the summer of 1997 and they've had no problem with that so far.

As for the dates are we sure that's it? I'm wondering why they aren't coming to the Buffalo area at all? They area has always supported them greatly and they've never missed it when they tour. Something's deffinately strange about that
Old 04-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

I believe the press release says that there are more dates to follow.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 04-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Banned Asshole

Anywhere but the State Fair....
Old 04-08-2010, 04:09 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Since you've never seen them, you should wait until next year when they'll more than likely play in an indoor arena and you'll be able to see a proper stage production.
Well I'm on the fence. Stage production is not a huge factor in this decision. As long as they bring it live as well as I have heard from others on here I feel obligated as a metal fan that I should see them because they won't be around forever. Why not see "an evening with" set to start off?
Old 04-08-2010, 04:16 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Have you seen them live before? They always start when it's light out. They just don't do many lighting and speciall effects in the first half of the show. The second half is always where the cool stuff happens. They've been doing outdoor venues with this format since the summer of 1997 and they've had no problem with that so far.

As for the dates are we sure that's it? I'm wondering why they aren't coming to the Buffalo area at all? They area has always supported them greatly and they've never missed it when they tour. Something's deffinately strange about that
The past 3 times I've seen them have always been in an indoor arena and the lighting was amazing for the ENTIRE show. At the MN. State Fair, they're scheduled to go on at 7:30 and it doesn't get dark out until quite some time after that and I imagine that on all the summer dates in the amphitheaters, they're not going to go on at 9 or 10 at night. They'll go on around 7 or 7:30 when it's still light out. Well either way, it will be GREAT!
Old 04-08-2010, 04:25 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Now that I think about it, it's only 2 more songs than they played on the last tour.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Catch The Rainbow

August 13th

Holy shit Maiden and Rush in the same summer
Old 04-09-2010, 02:07 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Well I'm on the fence. Stage production is not a huge factor in this decision. As long as they bring it live as well as I have heard from others on here I feel obligated as a metal fan that I should see them because they won't be around forever. Why not see "an evening with" set to start off?
That's very true. Also, what if they skip your area next year. Ya, might as well see them while you have the chance and if you enjoy it enough, try to make it next year as well.

Also, they have been touring without an opening act since 1998 and I can guarantee you will never have an opening act again so all future tours will be "an evening with".
Old 04-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Also, they have been touring without an opening act since 1998 and I can guarantee you will never have an opening act again so all future tours will be "an evening with".
Actually they've been touring without an opening act since 1996-1997 tour. I know because I saw them three times on that tour. I don't think they even toured in 1998 at all.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Actually they've been touring without an opening act since 1996-1997 tour. I know because I saw them three times on that tour. I don't think they even toured in 1998 at all.
I believe you are correct on both points.