Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014
Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014
Neurosis -- Tucson, AZ -- October 18th, 2014
The Empty Hearts -- Cranston, RI -- October 19th, 2014

Old 04-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Belonging to a scene because it's what you truly believe and where you generally belong is NOT a bad thing in my opinion. However those who conform just for the sake of fitting into a predetermined mold are assholes. That happens just as much with metal as with every other subculture and community.
I find it hard to believe that people in any scene dress and act the way they do out of shere randomness.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
You're no less of a metalhead if you dance with a girl. Anyone who thinks that here is probably just too immature to get it at all. I'm a bit older than most of the people who frequent here and I can tell you that women love when you dance with them. They get a sexual arrousal out of it. Also, it shows that you're willing to have fun and let loose which is what the vast majority of women like to see a guy do. It also shows you're not afraid to get close to a woman. Because if you're up next to a girl and you're both bumping and grinding away it let's her know that you have no problem getting intimate at all.

If you ever wanna get with a girl dancing with her is one of the best ways. No stupid pick up lines or buying her a bunch of drinks, though that doesn't hurt at all, but dancing with her is the best bet. Even if you're an out of shape rythmless white boy like me it's ok. The girl will more often that not at least appreciate the effort you put in and will think it's sweet that you at least tried and didn't care if you looked stupid or not.

So as unmetal as it is, it's OK, I for one don't think any less of you for doing it. The reward speaks for itself if it all goes right.
THANK YOU. i used to be one of those guys who thought dancing was lame and not for me but like you said girls love it when you dance with them, even if you're not attractive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Aight we cool.
alright just know i'm not trying to start shit with anyone i just thought it was lame how i've been flamed a few times on this board before just because my opinion was different than most metalheads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
a guy i work with is actually like best friends with mike "the situation" and says that the guys job is just to go show up at parties and ride around in limos with a bunch of girls. when your primary occupation is getting paid to party, i think its safe to say that they have more fun.

plus, i like the stuff youre talking about too, its got its time and place. when i first was getting into metal i was trying to be all "brootal" and shit, but then i realized all that your image doesnt mean shit if you know your music. i could post a picture of myself from a few nights ago and probably be called a "tool" or w/e, but i still know my metal.
that's what i think because that does sound like a lot of fun. but like dethmaiden said fun is subjective and maybe some people won't enjoy that. and same here my sophomore and junior year in high school i think i tried too hard to be a metalhead. my life literally revolved around metal and going to shows. i'd have the semi decent long hair, usually some what faded band tees with most of them having tour dates on the back, and beat up shoes. i would think liking certain bands and doing certain things would make me less of a metalhead so i wouldn't do it or like it. then i realized like you said image doesn't mean anything. if i look less of a metalhead nowadays so be it as long as i'm a metalhead at heart that's all what matters. i recently threw away A LOT of old band tees that were beaten up because i got sick of going out wearing old band tees. but when i go see a show i'll throw on an old tour shirt. nowadays i'll still wear band tees going out but only if it still looks somewhat new and fresh, i also cut my hair and started spiking it, got plugs, and never wear beat up shoes anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
I spend most of my weekends out dancing with girls, listening to dance/indie songs, and drinking with people who don't generally enjoy metal. In fact I am the only one of my friends who listens to the amount of heavy music that I do, and thankfully I have an incredibly open taste and like alot of indie/pop songs so the music doesn't feel too bad. I also have long hair, a beard, and its a novelty if I amen't wearing a band t-shirt when hanging out with me friends, and I'm still that guy whose front center at a Slayer show flipping off the support waiting for Slayer to come out. I find both activities a great way to spend a night out, even though they are worlds apart. And to be honest, I quite like having a quiet drink every now and then too.
that's awesome i like that. i like to very open minded about music nowadays. i could be out partying dancing with girls one night, and a few nights later i can be moshing and screaming the lyrics to whatever band i'm seeing. both are fun ways to enjoy a night. i'm also pretty much the only one in group who loves metal.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 04-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
No, it's blowjobs.
and....swing anda miss.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
and....swing anda miss.
You really think alcohol causes and solves more problems than sex?

Well, OK...

29/10 Saint Vitus
10/11 Trouble
13/11 Judas Priest

Last edited by ravenheart; 04-11-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:28 PM

Also, some of the stereotyping and generalising going on in this thread is grade A hilarious.

29/10 Saint Vitus
10/11 Trouble
13/11 Judas Priest
Old 04-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Face The Slayer

I find this a very interesting debate. Just recently, I had sort of an argument with one of my friends. Now this friend of mine has a very wide taste in music. He listens to a lot of metal, however for the more extreme genres, at first he won't like it. Now he started getting into some doom recently and I said "Wow, you're liking doom metal" and he pretty much got worked up over me for saying that. I asked him why, and he said "Because whenever I enter new territory, you think I'm getting closer to becoming a metalhead, which I will NEVER be."

It seemed like he had a huge problem with being identified as a metalhead, and he said he did because he doesn't want to be a metalhead, he wants to be himself. So I asked him what he thinks a metalhead is, and he said "Someone like you, who thinks "tr00 metal for life" and "kill the posers"." So I told him that there's no code for being a metalhead..all it means is you listen to metal, whether it's the only genre you listen to or not. He couldn't say anything after that.

Now first of all I'll never say anything like tr00 unless I'm saying it as a joke. Sure, I don't like most the bands labeled as posers, but that's because I have my own taste and don't like them. And metal isn't the only genre I listen to, I also enjoy Classic Rock, Punk, Hardcore Punk, and some Blues. He seems to think that just because he has a very vast taste means that other peoples taste arn't wide. Now this is interesting. Is being a metalhead a label? I don't think so. Sure some like myself like to make it known that their a metalhead, but some won't. It's just liking the music. Discuss.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crionics View Post
Is being a metalhead a label?
Being one isn't, but "metalhead" is. Inescapable.

What I will say though, the only people I ever hear use the term "metalhead" are metal fans.

29/10 Saint Vitus
10/11 Trouble
13/11 Judas Priest
Old 04-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Face The Slayer

Quote:
Being one isn't, but "metalhead" is. Inescapable.

What I will say though, the only people I ever hear use the term "metalhead" are metal fans.
That's a good point. I find myself rarely using the term though, however this guy brought it up, and it is a good question to think about.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:02 PM
N00B

Quote:
Exactamundo....
Old 04-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:

Well, OK...
I was quoting the Simpsons.

Last edited by JRA; 04-11-2010 at 05:06 PM.