Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 03-26-2010, 05:02 PM
Dragon Of The Rÿche

Rush has about 6 songs written and plans to start touring in the middle of June

Quote:
James Bradshaw of The Globe and Mail recently conducted an interview with RUSH guitarist Alex Lifeson. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

The Globe and Mail: You've said you're not concerned whether RUSH gets into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Is that still true?

Lifeson: Honestly, I really, really don't care about it. There's so many politics involved in that. I think there are so many other bands that are deserving to be in there, even before us, bands that we looked up to and were influenced by. They've got a lot of bands in there that I don't think should really be in there. It's fine, they can do whatever they want – it's their hall of fame and whatever. Personally, in the long run, I'd prefer that we don't get the offer, because I'm not so sure I'd want to go. Our fans are very insulted that we've been passed over so many times, but honestly, it doesn't matter to us.

The Globe and Mail: Has your songwriting role changed over the years?

Lifeson: I think, essentially, it's the same it always has been. We bring different things to it — obviously Neil [Peart] brings lyrics and Geddy [Lee] and I write all the music. Geddy and I have very different approaches to writing. … I have a low attention span, whereas he's much more methodical. … So when we're writing, we really have a nice balance in our process. I tend to throw things out – I'm always kind of noodling in the corner, and he'll hear something, and say, "Let's put that down right away!" because he understands me.

It's a funny thing with writing: You fall in love with these things and you're so excited about them, you can't wait to start working on them the next day, and then you reach a point where you just hate them and you're not sure if they're any good. And you get away from them for a few days and then you fall in love with them again. It's this crazy yo-yo relationship you have with new material.

The Globe and Mail: How far off is the next album?

Lifeson: We were off for a year and a half, and now it's just pouring. Everything is totally crazy and there's not a minute left in the day. We've got these half-dozen songs, and we'll probably go in the studio and work on a couple of them and see how it goes, perhaps release something — and I say perhaps — and then we plan on being on the road in the middle of June. Ideally, we'd like to showcase a couple of these songs on the tour, come off tour in mid-October, go back in the studio and continue writing, then record through late this year and early next year, and then release the album in the spring of 2011 on a slightly more substantial tour. This [year's] tour will probably be about 45 dates. Most likely summer, 2011, would be more like 70.

The Globe and Mail: With the advent of iPods and downloading, is live performance more central for you?

Lifeson: I would say that it's a little more relevant. It used to be that you made an album and then you went on the road to promote that album, hoping for good record sales. Well, good record sales basically don't exist any more, and the emphasis has been more on the live show. We're fortunate that we've got a good track record of being a live act. We feel very, very comfortable in that arena, and we're always looking to expand and try new things in the stage show.

So it's challenging and exciting for us, and I think we deliver. We tend to rehearse for a few weeks on our own, then we do four weeks of full-band rehearsal, and then we do two weeks of full-production rehearsal where we treat it as a show. That's primarily for the crew, but we play the set every day, sometimes twice a day, so we're so ready by the time we hit that first gig.

Read the entire interview at The Gobe and Mail.
Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=137479

YES! YES! YES!

I can't wait to hear some new material and see this SUPER AMAZING band in concert for the 4th time!
Old 03-26-2010, 05:08 PM
N00B

Excellent! Rush's 3 hour shows are so worth the $$$
Old 03-26-2010, 08:44 PM
D.B.B.

One band I have yet to see live that I really want to see live. I cannot wait for the tour to be announced.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:49 PM
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

Heard a rumor they're playing here on July 2. Would love to see Rush.
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Old 03-26-2010, 08:50 PM
We're dying on the inside

This could serve to fill the gap in my summer concert schedule...I really need to see Rush again, they were great three years back even from the lawn.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Banned Asshole

*looks down*

Oh my god.... These pants are just..... oh my god they're ruined... I'm so fucking excited, I've been a Rush fan since I was a wee one, but I've never had the funds to go see them when they came. NOW! I will!

I'm gonna go scream into a pillow now. haha
Old 03-26-2010, 11:02 PM
Bobb O)))

i too am yet to see rush
10/4-Melvins
Old 03-26-2010, 11:04 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Yet another show for me to go to.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:15 AM
Somewhere Back In Time

*Please don't conflict with Maiden dates!!*

Old 03-27-2010, 07:33 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
One band I have yet to see live that I really want to see live. I cannot wait for the tour to be announced.
Same here. Very excited about this news.
5/21 - Primus
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg