Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-25-2010, 07:59 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
I doubt that you know the whole story, and the "Dave's a faggot" people aren't helping. How do you know he was there to be pissed? I bet he was out of there pretty quickly.

Also, I don't think the Ram's Head are the people to thank for the free ticket...you just are a bit angry at Megadeth.
Rams Head are totally stepping up here. many people who bought their tickets off craigs list or from a service got screwed. My buddy bought ours using his credit card and we both refused to go back the next day so I wasn't expecting anything. The fact Rams Head contacted him via email saying 2 free tickets to ANY upcoming show is totally cool to me.

The highest short sleeved shirts I've ever seen were Heaven & Hell and they were $30. Other than that $25 for major bands and $20 at most shows I go to. Maybe it varies by area but I've never seen $35 in my life and I would never pay $30 or $35 strictly out of principle.

As far as Dave goes, I guess you had to be there. He ripped the promoter several times for some reason and called Rams Head's PA shitty even though Testament sounded perfect. Listen to what a prick he sounds like and this was before people got rowdy and his true colors came shining through.

http://revolverblips.dailyradar.com/...adeth-3-16-10/
Old 03-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Headbanger

hahaha wrong link.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Rams Head are totally stepping up here. many people who bought their tickets off craigs list or from a service got screwed. My buddy bought ours using his credit card and we both refused to go back the next day so I wasn't expecting anything. The fact Rams Head contacted him via email saying 2 free tickets to ANY upcoming show is totally cool to me.

The highest short sleeved shirts I've ever seen were Heaven & Hell and they were $30. Other than that $25 for major bands and $20 at most shows I go to. Maybe it varies by area but I've never seen $35 in my life and I would never pay $30 or $35 strictly out of principle.

As far as Dave goes, I guess you had to be there. He ripped the promoter several times for some reason and called Rams Head's PA shitty even though Testament sounded perfect. Listen to what a prick he sounds like and this was before people got rowdy and his true colors came shining through.

Sorry, I misunderstood you, I thought you were commending them for letting you go into the make up show for free.

He sounds frustrated, and he didn't act professional, but I doubt he did that for no reason. Someone knows something that we don't it's that simple. I don't think he sounds like too much of a prick, he sounds angry. If he explained the situation a bit better, maybe there would have been less backlash.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:32 PM
Headbanger

And he stormed off the stage without saying tnything leaving his bandmates just standing there looking stupid. They looked shocked actually.

The bottom line is they could have worked through it. It wasn't a major problem from what I heard. He acted like he was on the rag. I've seen Megadeth 6 times now but never again. A true professional would have worked it out not stormed off like a little bitch them blamed the promoter and shitty PA.

Like I said I'm glad to get a free show out of it. I'd rather support a band that actually appreciates it's fans. I have no respect for him as a man or a musician now.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:37 PM
N00B

Quote:
And he stormed off the stage without saying tnything leaving his bandmates just standing there looking stupid. They looked shocked actually.

The bottom line is they could have worked through it. It wasn't a major problem from what I heard. He acted like he was on the rag. I've seen Megadeth 6 times now but never again. A true professional would have worked it out not stormed off like a little bitch them blamed the promoter and shitty PA.

Like I said I'm glad to get a free show out of it. I'd rather support a band that actually appreciates it's fans. I have no respect for him as a man or a musician now.
Two soundboards failing isn't a major problem? So you'd want to wait for another hour or so to see if "maybe" a THIRD soundboard might work? You're the one who's being unreasonable here.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:03 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:

I think you should go see them again, this is just a temporary bad taste in the mouth.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:40 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:

The bottom line is they could have worked through it*. It wasn't a major problem from what I heard. He acted like he was on the rag. I've seen Megadeth 6 times now but never again. A true professional would have worked it out not stormed off like a little bitch them blamed the promoter and shitty PA**.

Like I said I'm glad to get a free show out of it. I'd rather support a band that actually appreciates it's fans. I have no respect for him as a man or a musician now***.
LOL

*i forgot you were an expert sound technician
**i also forgot that everything is dave's fault even when the promoter and PA fuck up
***LOLOLOLLOL
Old 03-25-2010, 10:04 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
LOL

*i forgot you were an expert sound technician
**i also forgot that everything is dave's fault even when the promoter and PA fuck up
***LOLOLOLLOL
on that last one. Dude what is he talking about. He basically contradicted himself there.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:40 AM
Headbanger

The soundboard had 1 issue. The bass went really loud for 2 seconds. is that worth ending a concert for? Like I said I guess you had to be there and listen to his rants. How is it the promoters problem? The other bands sounded great. Like I said he was on the rag...
Old 03-26-2010, 10:25 AM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
The soundboard had 1 issue. The bass went really loud for 2 seconds. is that worth ending a concert for? Like I said I guess you had to be there and listen to his rants. How is it the promoters problem? The other bands sounded great. Like I said he was on the rag...
The amount of baseless assumptions you're making is so ridiculous that I can't even type "LOL" anymore. Think about what you're saying.

Tags
exodus, megadeth, testament