Warrior -- San Marcos, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Impaled -- Oakland, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Bobb O)))

The Black Dahlia Murder -- New York, NY -- March 20th, 2010

This was definitely the best performance I've seen TBDM give, and one of the best shows I've been too in a long time.

We got there towards the end of Hatesphere, about 2 songs. They were pretty generic in my opinion, and just didn't do it for me. Felt like they were trying to hard to be the likes of Unearth minus all the heavy. They weren't bad, just nothing new.

Up next was Augury, and I have to say, I'm not sure how I feel about them. They had one of those cheesy epic choir and orchestral opening tracks, and they just felt a little ridiculous, especially between songs. I really dug their TechDeath side, some great guitars and bass work, but the vocalist threw in Folk Metal-esque clean parts that just did not mix and added to the whole cheesy effect.

Next was what I was most excited for, Obscura. Fucking unbelievable. They sounded absolutely perfect live, and the crowd was eating out of the palm of their hands. The reaction they were getting was better than I've seen a lot of headliners receive, the room was on fire the whole time they were on stage. They said it was their first time playing in NYC, and I can not wait for them to return.

Set list should be the same as of late:

The Anticosmic Overload
Choir Of Spirits
Incarnated
Universe Momentum
-Drum Solo-
Desolate Spheres
Centric Flow

Finally, the mighty Black Dahlia Murder. These guys never disappoint, nor did I expect them to, but they really stepped up their game from their last headlining run. They had that wacky energy that some may say they are known best for, and they sounded amazing. This sort of venue definitely caters best for the band, small club with no barrier. As much as I like them in an outdoor festival enviornment, it felt like the walls were going to blow out during their set, which follows.

Noticeably shorter then recently, which is kinda lame considering they had to be done before 11 for a dance club, but hey, everyone needs to dance However, they cut out most of the new material, which I love, but I would much rather hear Elder Misanthropy. I did miss I'm Charming and Christ Deformed, though:

Unhallowed/Funeral Thirst
Necropolis
A Vulgar Picture
Everything Went Black
Black Valor
Elder Misanthropy
Closed Casket Requiem
What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse
Statutory Ape
Deathmask Divine
Miasma
I Will Return

On topic of the venue, this was held in Santo's Party House off of Canal Street. If you ever hear of a show there, GO TO IT!! It was a bit of a trek from Midtown, but it was an easy walk (right down 7th). What I fell in love with was the intimacy and the sound was unbelievable. They had a great board/technician, and they had speakers lining the walls. I can't remember the last time I heard such good sound.
10/4-Melvins
Old 03-21-2010, 07:46 AM
Banned Asshole

I don't see how one would describe Augury as "cheesy" seeing as they're one of the few newer bands that have a very Original sound.

Oh well, to each his own.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Bobb O)))

Being original had nothing to do with it. I appreciate the originality, I just didn't really like it that much.
10/4-Melvins
Old 03-21-2010, 09:22 AM
Banned Asshole

Fair enough..

I can't get enough of them, Fragmentary Evidence was probably my most listened to album of '09 which is kinda fucked up since it came out in August. haha
Old 03-21-2010, 10:06 AM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

Fragmentary Evidence is the album of 2009 for me
Old 03-21-2010, 04:54 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt11763 View Post
Hatesphere, They were pretty generic in my opinion, and just didn't do it for me. Felt like they were trying to hard to be the likes of Unearth minus all the heavy. They weren't bad, just nothing new.
Please direct me towards more generic ass kicking like this please
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1UwFaEOwio
Old 03-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt11763 View Post
Next was what I was most excited for, Obscura. Fucking unbelievable. They sounded absolutely perfect live, and the crowd was eating out of the palm of their hands. The reaction they were getting was better than I've seen a lot of headliners receive, the room was on fire the whole time they were on stage. They said it was their first time playing in NYC, and I can not wait for them to return.
I think we left with similar feelings about Obscura's performance. They were as good as I've seen any band. They definitely blew The Black Dahlia Murder of the stage if you ask me.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Bobb O)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma Lake View Post
Please direct me towards more generic ass kicking like this please
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1UwFaEOwio
ah that was pretty tasty. I take back most of what I said if there's more like this, which I will investigate lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
I think we left with similar feelings about Obscura's performance. They were as good as I've seen any band. They definitely blew The Black Dahlia Murder of the stage if you ask me.
Yeah, pretty much. BDM is pretty much one of my top favorite bands, and considering how on htey were it was hard to beat them but Obscura pretty much did. I was blown the fuck away
10/4-Melvins
Old 03-27-2010, 06:55 AM
N00B

Anyone have the Augury setlist?
Old 03-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Visualize perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by KvltOvPersonality View Post
Anyone have the Augury setlist?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Augury: