It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 03-17-2010, 10:55 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkill13 View Post
Yeah, thats awesome man. I wish I was at the NY show too. Thats cool those shows were able to brighten up your life at that time.
Yeah. Actually, my sister (my band's singer) and I were a lot of the reason that show even happened. The last show added to that tour's schedule was a show in Philadelphia, but it was canceled about 3 weeks before the show. We're good friends with the promoter/bookie from the Sterling Hotel, and he asked about possibly booking them (he had originally inquired), and we told him to do whatever he had to do to get it, and we'd work our asses off to promote it the best we could.

Turn-out was still pretty bad, but I guess that's what you get when you play down the street from a venue that Testament played at the same night.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:48 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkill13 View Post
By the way, my name is Andrew and I'm from Exton (suburb of Philly). Also, please let me know where I can hear this interview or if you could send me an mp3 or something, that would be awesome! Thanks.
I live about 15 mins from you...I grew up in Exton
MDF
Old 03-18-2010, 07:01 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
I live about 15 mins from you...I grew up in Exton
Woah, thats crazy. Pretty cool though.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:06 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Yeah. Actually, my sister (my band's singer) and I were a lot of the reason that show even happened. The last show added to that tour's schedule was a show in Philadelphia, but it was canceled about 3 weeks before the show. We're good friends with the promoter/bookie from the Sterling Hotel, and he asked about possibly booking them (he had originally inquired), and we told him to do whatever he had to do to get it, and we'd work our asses off to promote it the best we could.

Turn-out was still pretty bad, but I guess that's what you get when you play down the street from a venue that Testament played at the same night.
Yeah, I remember a lot of people coming in after Testament was done, including Testament themselves. It was like in the middle of JOP's set. But yeah the turnout was disappointing. It's pretty certain both bands will never play Allentown again, especially since the Sterling Hotel closed, and we know how bad the Croc Rock is.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Ironbound

Ohhh, don't get started on the Jon Oliva show in Allentown. My experience was quite different! I was planning/promoting the show in Phila since it was announced, and then it gets cancelled and moved to Allentown last minute! And I had no way to get there, and no one to go with, so I missed out. Boo! And then Testament shows up to hang out too, salt on the wound. I'm still bitter about the whole thing. I wish I could have been there. But there was no way for me to pull it all together and make alternate plans in time.

Last edited by The Green and Black; 04-09-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

I'm so jealous of anyone who got to see Manticora on that tour. JOP and CIIC as well, of course, but especially Manticora .

I worked with one of the guys at Intromental at getting a date anywhere in New England, but everything fell through. Argh. I wanted to see that tour so bad.