Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 03-20-2010, 01:00 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
1) It's a known fact that presales come with a catch - venues hold a given number of tickets for the general sale to "level" the playing-field - which I don't like, because if you payed to join a band's fanclub to get presale access, you should get the best damn tickets available, no matter what. Having said that, what I've garnered about presales is that it's not necessarily the best way to guarantee great/the best tickets - however it is the best way guarantee GOOD tickets. If you bought in Maiden's presale, you had a shot at VERY good tickets for every show - a lot of GA pit, and a lot of tickets in front sections - but no guarantee you were actually getting the very best tickets - hence how a lot of people got fucked onto the back-half of the floor for Madison Square Garden. There lies the problem - because you can always wait till general sale and take your chances of possibly getting even better or just-as-good tickets (like the people who bought today that got GA pit tickets), however there is always the chance that you can get completely screwed (I'm looking at you, Brad) and then have no other alternative. It's a tough call.

2) This tour was really just random. At some shows (especially Madison Square Garden) the tickets just seemed to VANISH - but at other shows, I could still get GA Pit tickets on Thursday afternoon, and clearly a lot of people were still able to get them today. I guess some of the shows' tickets just sold drastically faster or slower.
I'm looking back. It's okay though, it's worth it for me to save the money and settle for lawn. It's not like I hated the Rush concert I saw from the lawn; I'll survive. There's always next tour.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
1) It's a known fact that presales come with a catch - venues hold a given number of tickets for the general sale to "level" the playing-field - which I don't like, because if you payed to join a band's fanclub to get presale access, you should get the best damn tickets available, no matter what. Having said that, what I've garnered about presales is that it's not necessarily the best way to guarantee great/the best tickets - however it is the best way guarantee GOOD tickets. If you bought in Maiden's presale, you had a shot at VERY good tickets for every show - a lot of GA pit, and a lot of tickets in front sections - but no guarantee you were actually getting the very best tickets - hence how a lot of people got fucked onto the back-half of the floor for Madison Square Garden. There lies the problem - because you can always wait till general sale and take your chances of possibly getting even better or just-as-good tickets (like the people who bought today that got GA pit tickets), however there is always the chance that you can get completely screwed (I'm looking at you, Brad) and then have no other alternative. It's a tough call.

2) This tour was really just random. At some shows (especially Madison Square Garden) the tickets just seemed to VANISH - but at other shows, I could still get GA Pit tickets on Thursday afternoon, and clearly a lot of people were still able to get them today. I guess some of the shows' tickets just sold drastically faster or slower.
That sums up pretty much what I know about presale tickets. We weren't even expecting to get GA pit at all. My brother says he just clicked on "best available" and that's what came up so he went for it. I'm not surprised that tickets for the MSG show went so fast. It is NYC after all, and very rarely do tickets for big events sell slow there. I know certian areas are gonna sell better than others right away and that's probably the case with the show i'm going to. Or maybe we just got lucky, who knows?
Old 03-20-2010, 02:45 PM

i'm gonna settle for lawn. never was too big on Maiden but i do want to experience them live. same with Dream Theater. plus lawn tickets are $20. but jesus christ after charges tix are $36. i'll just buy them at the door.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 03-27-2010, 03:11 PM
N00B

Iron Maiden At&t Center,San Antonio TX June 12...got my tix already.
Sweet!
They always come here.Nicko is a member of Tapatio Springs Golf Club...so the drummer demands stops in SA.

Who are we to negate him?