HOLLOW YEARS
KEYBOARD SOLO
PROPHETS OF WAR
WITHER
THE DANCE OF ETERNITY
ONE LAST TIME
THE SPIRIT CARRIES ON
IN THE NAME OF GOD

My 3rd time seeing DT....and was great but honestly I was waiting some songs that they've been playing throughout this tour...THE MIRROR/LIE...instead of Keyboard Solo and Prophets of War
The Spirit Carries On was played here in 2005...bu was played yesterday as a gift to the fans and our country after all the tragedy of the earthquake, and pay and homage to the victims..really amazing and emotional

Bigelf, was fucking amazing!

I took pics with LaBrie and Rudess, signed my acoustic guitar..and Petrucci also signed it, I'm fucking happy
Old 03-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Banned Asshole

Good shit man, sounds like a mix of the sets I saw in Minnesota and Wisconson in 09. I met everyone but Mike, surprisingly nice guys am I right?

Last edited by Uncle_Meat1940; 03-13-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:33 PM
In Search of Truth

Any Dream Theater set where the oldest song is from Falling Into Infnity = Bad Idea. This isn't terrible, but if they had taken out Prophets of War for something off Awake and then closed with Metropolis or something, it would've been so much better.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Banned Asshole

The best DT concert I went to had nothing off Awake of I&W in the set. Of course, I did see 3 songs off those albums the next night.

You can only fit so much into an hour and a half when your songs average around 15 minutes. haha
Old 03-13-2010, 07:57 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Meat1940 View Post
You can only fit so much into an hour and a half when your songs average around 15 minutes. haha
That being said, they could've planned their setlists out much better. It's hard to act like the victim of short sets when you do feature solos and extended jams/arrangements, as they have done in virtually every set on this tour.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:29 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Meat1940 View Post
Good shit man, sounds like a mix of the sets I saw in Minnesota and Wisconson in 09. I met everyone but Mike, surprisingly nice guys am I right?
Yeah, I had luck because I went to the hotel, and unfortunely the presidents from other countries arrived to this hotel, to the change of president in my country..so, a lot of security, they kick us out, and suddenly a girl, told us that James and Jordan went to lunch outside, we took a bus, and in 10 minutes were in the restraurant, and catch them..it was cool

And John was arriving to the hotel, the next day and he was hurry, no autographs and photos and I stood in front of him, and said

Me: "John, can you sign my guitar please?"
John: " Oh, I can`t resist a guitar (sign it)"

xDDDD very happy
XD
Old 03-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
That being said, they could've planned their setlists out much better. It's hard to act like the victim of short sets when you do feature solos and extended jams/arrangements, as they have done in virtually every set on this tour.
How can you say the sets are/were poorly planned just because they couldn't/decided not to play a song off of every album on every date of the tour? What about the flow from song to song? The mix of softer and heavier songs? Incorporating new songs into their live repertoire regardless of their age?

The biggest thing for their PN sets that you have to keep in mind is that they were touring to promote BC&SL so ya, there are gonna be some sacrifices in order to promote the new material. The shorter sets were incorporated to give time for two supporting acts and an amazing co-headliner.

A great man once said, "you can't always get what you want." This may be hard to believe, but sometimes bands aren't gonna play every single song you want to hear every single time. It's even happened to me a couple times *feigns shock*

I would take an entire set of jamming over I&W and Awake in their entirety so I don't see how you can even fathom bitching about that. If you prefer to hear pre-written material over music that's right off the top of the musicians' head, then you don't know what live music is about. Not trying to be an ass, but seriously.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:00 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristianrock View Post
Yeah, I had luck because I went to the hotel, and unfortunely the presidents from other countries arrived to this hotel, to the change of president in my country..so, a lot of security, they kick us out, and suddenly a girl, told us that James and Jordan went to lunch outside, we took a bus, and in 10 minutes were in the restraurant, and catch them..it was cool

And John was arriving to the hotel, the next day and he was hurry, no autographs and photos and I stood in front of him, and said

Me: "John, can you sign my guitar please?"
John: " Oh, I can`t resist a guitar (sign it)"

xDDDD very happy
XD

That's cool, I waited outside the stage exit for like 45 mins after to meet John Petrucci and accidentally met Myung in the process (even got a picture with him). I got to talk to John long enough to tell him how big of an influence he is on my playing and what not, and he said that it meant alot to him and actually shook MY hand, not vice versa, it was on his own volition. Then I got a picture with him. It was probably the greatest moment of my life. haha

Petrucci is the only guitar player in my top 3 that's still alive so it was pretty big for me.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:54 AM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

I'm probably again on my own but this bands is sooooo boring to me, not saying they are not talented but fuck I almost fell asleep the time they were playing on gigantour, just a bunch of long long never ending boring songs ... anyway awful awful band to be opening for the mighty Maiden this upcoming tour imho

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 03-14-2010, 07:35 AM
You took my heart & left it blown to smithereens, I gave my body as a slave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristianrock View Post
A NIGHTMARE TO REMEMBER
A RITE OF PASSAGE
HOLLOW YEARS
KEYBOARD SOLO
PROPHETS OF WAR
WITHER
THE DANCE OF ETERNITY
ONE LAST TIME
THE SPIRIT CARRIES ON
IN THE NAME OF GOD