Masked Intruder -- Kansas City, MO -- July 25th, 2014
Machine Head -- Springfield, MO -- July 25th, 2014
Downset -- Albany, NY -- July 24th, 2014
Megadeth -- Tolmin, Slovenia -- July 25th, 2014

Old 03-30-2010, 12:29 AM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undergroundrage View Post
Yeah, everyone HERE. This forum is unlike any other on the internet. Which is good, and bad. There are a lot of very close-minded people here, they have their niche and don't stray from it.

Ok, just GTFO
Old 03-30-2010, 05:47 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Yeah, everyone HERE. This forum is unlike any other on the internet. Which is good, and bad. There are a lot of very close-minded people here, they have their niche and don't stray from it. most people here hate Lamb of God, which I do not understand, but it is what it is...
Well now I'm going to chime in, because you went from arguing with RJ to lobbing inaccurate generalizations at most of the people on this board. That's where I draw the line. You have no idea what you're talking about - there are some of the most open-minded people on any metal forum I've read, on this board. That's why I come here. If you really think that we are are so narrow-minded on this board, then:
  1. You're wrong (and it's your loss).
  2. Why are you still here?
  3. Smell ya later. Bye.

Oh, and Wine was right. MOST of the bands in RJ's proposed lineup are fairly mainstream. If you really want to know about underground, I can rattle off a whole slew of bands from all around the country (world, even) that are way more "underground" than the ones RJ proposed.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 03-30-2010 at 05:49 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:52 AM
Bruised, hoarse, tired, sweaty, pained, and I had way more fun than you

Seconded on what Natty just said. Keep the debate focused on the music, not on whatever issues you have with people you've never met.

Anyway - my turn to take a little, hastily written crack at RJ's list which, btw, I think would be the sweetest Mayhem Festival EVER.

SoaD and CoF as coheadliners would totally work, but not either one over the other.
I have to disagree with what you said about Arch Enemy . Yes, their music is better. Yes, they are popular. No, they are not as popular as FFDP. Disgusting, but true. I'd have almost swapped where you put Arch Enemy for where you put Anthrax.
Exodus - if they don't bring out all of the old school metal heads, no one will.

CoB - I personally wish they'd be on the main stage (but that's my preferences, not reality), but these guys just keep getting bigger & bigger.
MW - yes
Nile - you know, I might have to argue with you on this one. Nile is teh awesome, but from where I see it, still underground.
Warbringer & Lazarus AD - they've been touring around so much that this wouldn't shock me at all. On the other hand, Lazarus AD still doesn't have enough music out there to do a festival.

Your Mayhem Stage seems pretty spot on (aside from the Anthrax / Arch Enemy swap I already said)
Old 03-30-2010, 08:02 AM
Bobb O)))

Quote:
you're fooling yourself if you think they could sell Mayhem with no help.
Are you fucking retarded?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVPsT0Mx6bY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiHWzHHonn0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlCZmDS1U_A

especially that last one.
10/4-Melvins
Old 03-30-2010, 08:50 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

I'm gone for a day, what the fuck happened to this thread?
Old 03-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
I'm gone for a day, what the fuck happened to this thread?
Some n00b picked a fight with RJ, then started throwing around general insults.

He got pwned.

There, you're all caught up.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:28 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Some n00b picked a fight with RJ, then started throwing around general insults.

He got pwned.

There, you're all caught up.
Did I? because I still am waiting for that. You're the one who said "smell you later" like you're a five year old. That was enough for me to stop replying this thread because now I got this guys little buddies jumping in like some punk kid on xbox live. If you call the list of bands he put 'mainsteam' then you prove my point even more about how closed into this little bubble he (and you) are.

I would just like to note that I said there are 'a lot', I never said the entire forum. And I said it's 'good and bad'. Never did I say this forum and all it's members are close minded. But everyone who jumps in and says that lineup would work for MAYHEM, is living in fantasy land. Keep in mind I never said the lineup sucked either, yet that's the way you're reacting to me. Maybe you have a problem reading and understand what is read? I don't know, but this topic is going nowhere. So have fun living in your bubble, I'll see you in another topic at another time.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:30 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt11763 View Post
Are you fucking retarded?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlCZmDS1U_A

especially that last one.
Or you know...could be because there were 2 dozen bands there, including Nine Inch Nails, Rammstein and a bunch more that helped create that crowd. It wasn't just SOAD. Which is my whole point, they can't do something like that on their own.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:36 AM
Bobb O)))

Quote:
Or you know...could be because there were 2 dozen bands there, including Nine Inch Nails, Rammstein and a bunch more that helped create that crowd. It wasn't just SOAD. Which is my whole point, they can't do something like that on their own.
Why are you being such a cunt about all of this? You're the one spouting the whole "close minded" garbage but you don't realize that we have our own opinions and the right to say "you're wrong."

If you don't like the way we act around here, then you can kindly GTFO

10/4-Melvins
Old 03-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt11763 View Post
Why are you being such a cunt about all of this? You're the one spouting the whole "close minded" garbage but you don't realize that we have our own opinions and the right to say "you're wrong."

If you don't like the way we act around here, then you can kindly GTFO

I know you have you're own opinions, and I can respect that, but you gotta be realistic.

And how am I being a 'cunt' by stating the obvious about that SOAD video? Come on, you can't even defend without throwing out little childish insults. Grow up dude.

All I said was that lineup would not work for MAYHEM and you guys start attacking and getting all pissy like little children. BE REALISTIC!