Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Dream Set Lists

Old 03-29-2010, 06:37 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undergroundrage View Post
This would be the end of Mayhem, nobody would go.
Wrong. I would.

Theory failed.

[/yourargument]
Old 03-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

Quote:
This would be the end of Mayhem, nobody would go.
I would go. Mine and his lineups destroy this years lineup.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:23 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
As much as i hate to say it, Slayer is a little band crowd wise. Slayer alone would only headline theater shows, not pavilions. If SOAD, Arch Enemy, CoF, Bodom, Nile, and Anthrax don't bring ticket sales, then metal as we know it is dead. Plus the amount of thrash there alone will bring in much of the crowd.

but ok, if you want "valid points" on the line up, then here we go:

Main Stage
System of a Down - they headlined ozzfest's main stage one year and their reunion would bring in much of the ticket sales alone. they are one of the most popular bands of the decade.
Cradle of Filth - Very popular band that sells out most of their headlining shows. plus they will bring their own set of fans that are different from pretty much every other band on the festival.
Arch Enemy - Very big band with strong fan base. They WILL bring in more people than 5 Finger Bang will any day. And if by some miracle they don't, will at least their fans aren't douches like 5FDP
Exodus - perfect band to open up the main stage. they are bay Area thrash legends if you don't remember.

Jagermeister Stage

Children of Bodom - If they don't sell then i really don't know who else can headline a second stage.
Municipal Waste - the biggest thrash revival band will bring in ticket sales
Nile - Seriously, do i really need to say anything here?
Warbringer - Ok probably won't really really be a big seller, but hell, they deserve to be on a tour like this. They've been on pretty much every other great metal tour for the last couple of years.
Lazarus A.D. - See Warbringer. Not all bands on the tour can be multi platinum selling bands, hence the named second stages.

Mayhem Stage
Anthrax - See Exodus, x2
Dying Fetus - more brutal than most bands on this year's line up
SkeletonWitch - This band may not sell much now, but believe me in like 3 years they will be the big thing.
Toxic Holocaust - OK this is just one of those "i want to see this band here" bands
Chthonic - Maybe not that big of a following here in the States, but they got a huge crowd reaction at Ozzfest.

So, there you go, happy now. I don't care what the kiddies say, the real metalheads would say your opinion on my list is an "epic fail"

Oh and one more thing, your crazy if you think Manson is bigger than SOAD. Just plain crazy.

Well at least you tried to argue your point, so I can respect that. But you need to get out of this little bubble and into the real world where most of these bands are total unknowns, and would not beable to support the tour on this scale.

As said before, last year's Mayhem was not a big success. The formula of popular mtv band (manson) and 'underground' legends (slayer) just did not work, so why do you think SOAD and COF would? Really? The line up you created would work, just take off SOAD (because they don't fit with the other bands' crowd) and make it a smaller tour...it's just not for Mayhem. That's all....
Old 03-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Banned Asshole

Oh, and for the record, I totally agree on Lazarus A.D. being on the tour. You just need more accessible bands. You have way too much underground thrash on there. You could do one stage with those bands, but not a whole tour. Shop your list around other forums...I think you will see what I mean. It's a "metalsetlists.com" tour, not Mayhem...
Old 03-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Well at least you tried to argue your point, so I can respect that. But you need to get out of this little bubble and into the real world where most of these bands are total unknowns, and would not beable to support the tour on this scale.

As said before, last year's Mayhem was not a big success. The formula of popular mtv band (manson) and 'underground' legends (slayer) just did not work, so why do you think SOAD and COF would? Really? The line up you created would work, just take off SOAD (because they don't fit with the other bands' crowd) and make it a smaller tour...it's just not for Mayhem. That's all....
If you think these bands here are unknowns, you can't be that into metal. These guys are pretty much what I would consider popular in the metal scene. SOAD alone would likely bring absolutely enormous draw, which makes the draw of the sidestage bands less important. Cradle of Filth aren't able to coheadline this tour in anyone's dreams. I think that is the only real problem with the lineup. I think it would be a success.

As a fan, I want the tour to be metal. The fact that there is debate about the metal-ness of the bands on this years' tour speaks for itself. I won't be going.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:42 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:

All those bands except for Chthonic are not unknowns

And idk what happened on your date, but my date was a huge success!

and to your other post, i don't need to take this to other forums, because everyone here, except you, would agree that this line up is killer!

Wait, all this fuss over a "dream setlist!" God damn i hate the internets
Old 03-29-2010, 08:43 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnataFan4Life View Post
Your line-up is intense!!!!
Old 03-30-2010, 12:06 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
If you think these bands here are unknowns, you can't be that into metal. These guys are pretty much what I would consider popular in the metal scene. SOAD alone would likely bring absolutely enormous draw, which makes the draw of the sidestage bands less important. Cradle of Filth aren't able to coheadline this tour in anyone's dreams. I think that is the only real problem with the lineup. I think it would be a success.

As a fan, I want the tour to be metal. The fact that there is debate about the metal-ness of the bands on this years' tour speaks for itself. I won't be going.
I said most were unknown's. Obviously people know SOAD, I never said they were a small band but you're fooling yourself if you think they could sell Mayhem with no help. COB is known, and COF are known. But neither have much power in the US. Exodus have been around forever but are really only known by hardcore fans. How many times are they brought up when talking about the founding bands of Thrash (outside of maybe this forum?)...yeah exactly, not often, but they were there with Kill Em All and Hell Awaits, laying the foundation of thrash. Nobody outside of the hardcore fan base really cares tho. Obviously there is Anthrax, and why you have them on the 3rd stage I have no idea. They would be co-headline of that mess. The rest of the bands are Summer Slaughter type bands. I know I keep saying that but it's something you don't seem to understand. Mayhem is a different beast, love it or hate it (the later I'm guessing is you). I'm not saying the bands you have listed suck, but it's just not a lineup that would ever work for Mayhem. Add a couple bands and sure it would work, but you're missing something with it...

Yeah people are going to question the 'metalness' of Atreyu, In This Moment, and whoever else it was on that stage...but look back, I keep saying that stage sucks. BUT, the rest of the tour (minus korn) is spot on to what they need to be doing every year. LOG alone is enough reason for me to go, add in amazing live shows from the Hatebreed/Chimiara/Shadows Fall stage and end with the show of Zombie and I'm happy with the line up. Could it be better? Sure, get rid of the 3rd stage and make it Death Metal again like last year. But I can't complain about the rest of what they are offering this year. They sure have come a long way since the first year when the only saving grace was Machine Head and Mastodon. It's never going to be a Thrash fest, which is what you seem to want.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:09 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
and to your other post, i don't need to take this to other forums, because everyone here, except you, would agree that this line up is killer!

Wait, all this fuss over a "dream setlist!" God damn i hate the internets

Yeah, everyone HERE. This forum is unlike any other on the internet. Which is good, and bad. There are a lot of very close-minded people here, they have their niche and don't stray from it. most people here hate Lamb of God, which I do not understand, but it is what it is...
Old 03-30-2010, 12:13 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnataFan4Life View Post
I like your line up. It's much more reasonable to what Mayhem is. You mixed in the underground stuff with stuff that would put people in the building (or field...or whatever mayhem is where you are).

The only thing I hate about your lineup is Darkest Hour. I seen them once, and they are assholes. They spit on the crowd as well as threw shit at them. I will never support that band.