High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Dream Set Lists

Old 03-29-2010, 03:00 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
I would, and I know many people on this website would favor this line-up over pretty much every other year's. It's ok, you can stay home.
Point is, this is Mayhem, not Summer Slaughter. Mayhem is thousands of people, not a few dozen. ya know?
Old 03-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
This year's Mayhem lineup does deserve some of the bashing it is getting. I mean I am still going but it is for sure much weaker overall lineup than last years. I mean fuckin Atreyu,Norma Jean and In This Moment are all ungodly awful. I feel really bad for 3 Inches Of Blood for having to share the stage with such garbage bands.

That being said the Jager Stage is pretty good. I havent seen Chimaira or Shadows Fall but Hatebreed absolutley slayed when I saw them in December. Winds Of Plague I am a fan of as well but they do indeed bring out the scene fags which sucks.

Main Stage FFDP is a very meh band on disc but they are entertaining live. Lamb Of God is one of my fave bands and are awesome live. Haven't seen Zombie or Korn but I am big fans of both of them and I am quite excited to see both of them.

I think they need to blend the lineup better like last year. Last year had something for everyone and I think was pretty much the perfect major metal festival lineup.
Last year's main stage was horrible. I'd rather have one small stage bad than the main stage bad, ya know?
Old 03-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

There are 3 bands I would want to see on this years' Mayhem.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:58 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undergroundrage View Post
Point is, this is Mayhem, not Summer Slaughter. Mayhem is thousands of people, not a few dozen. ya know?
yes i do know, I have been to both Mayhem Festivals and will most likely attend this year's too. If Marylin Manson can headline the thing, then System sure as hell can too.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:30 PM

System's reunion would drive up attendance like no other.

If you think this is a bad lineup by any means, you're out of your mind.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:46 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
System's reunion would drive up attendance like no other.

If you think this is a bad lineup by any means, you're out of your mind.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:52 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
yes i do know, I have been to both Mayhem Festivals and will most likely attend this year's too. If Marylin Manson can headline the thing, then System sure as hell can too.
Manson Co-headlined....remember that little banded named...what was it? SLAYER? Oh yeah. SOAD would need another band to co-headline it. Oh and last year, at least here in Tampa, had about half as many people as 2008. They moved all lawn tickets to regular seats and still didn't fill it out. That lineup (whoever) posted doesn't have anyone there to get people to buy tickets and it would bring in even less than 09. Nevermind the fact that Manson, love him or hate him, was way bigger than SOAD ever was.

We are running in circles here and none of you have made any valid point as to why that line-up is even half decent other than the fact that you just like the bands. I like SOAD, but they are not a headline for something like Mayhem fest. They could co-headline, with a strong support on the other stages...and that line up had none of that. As the kiddies say, it would be an 'epic fail'....
Old 03-29-2010, 06:20 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undergroundrage View Post
Manson Co-headlined....remember that little banded named...what was it? SLAYER? Oh yeah. SOAD would need another band to co-headline it. Oh and last year, at least here in Tampa, had about half as many people as 2008. They moved all lawn tickets to regular seats and still didn't fill it out. That lineup (whoever) posted doesn't have anyone there to get people to buy tickets and it would bring in even less than 09. Nevermind the fact that Manson, love him or hate him, was way bigger than SOAD ever was.

We are running in circles here and none of you have made any valid point as to why that line-up is even half decent other than the fact that you just like the bands. I like SOAD, but they are not a headline for something like Mayhem fest. They could co-headline, with a strong support on the other stages...and that line up had none of that. As the kiddies say, it would be an 'epic fail'....
As much as i hate to say it, Slayer is a little band crowd wise. Slayer alone would only headline theater shows, not pavilions. If SOAD, Arch Enemy, CoF, Bodom, Nile, and Anthrax don't bring ticket sales, then metal as we know it is dead. Plus the amount of thrash there alone will bring in much of the crowd.

but ok, if you want "valid points" on the line up, then here we go:

Main Stage
System of a Down - they headlined ozzfest's main stage one year and their reunion would bring in much of the ticket sales alone. they are one of the most popular bands of the decade.
Cradle of Filth - Very popular band that sells out most of their headlining shows. plus they will bring their own set of fans that are different from pretty much every other band on the festival.
Arch Enemy - Very big band with strong fan base. They WILL bring in more people than 5 Finger Bang will any day. And if by some miracle they don't, will at least their fans aren't douches like 5FDP
Exodus - perfect band to open up the main stage. they are bay Area thrash legends if you don't remember.

Jagermeister Stage

Children of Bodom - If they don't sell then i really don't know who else can headline a second stage.
Municipal Waste - the biggest thrash revival band will bring in ticket sales
Nile - Seriously, do i really need to say anything here?
Warbringer - Ok probably won't really really be a big seller, but hell, they deserve to be on a tour like this. They've been on pretty much every other great metal tour for the last couple of years.
Lazarus A.D. - See Warbringer. Not all bands on the tour can be multi platinum selling bands, hence the named second stages.

Mayhem Stage
Anthrax - See Exodus, x2
Dying Fetus - more brutal than most bands on this year's line up
SkeletonWitch - This band may not sell much now, but believe me in like 3 years they will be the big thing.
Toxic Holocaust - OK this is just one of those "i want to see this band here" bands
Chthonic - Maybe not that big of a following here in the States, but they got a huge crowd reaction at Ozzfest.

So, there you go, happy now. I don't care what the kiddies say, the real metalheads would say your opinion on my list is an "epic fail"

Oh and one more thing, your crazy if you think Manson is bigger than SOAD. Just plain crazy.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:37 PM

Cradle of Filth cannot coheadline this festival. Ever.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:37 PM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

Quote:
As much as i hate to say it, Slayer is a little band crowd wise. Slayer alone would only headline theater shows, not pavilions. If SOAD, Arch Enemy, CoF, Bodom, Nile, and Anthrax don't bring ticket sales, then metal as we know it is dead. Plus the amount of thrash there alone will bring in much of the crowd.

but ok, if you want "valid points" on the line up, then here we go:

Main Stage
System of a Down - they headlined ozzfest's main stage one year and their reunion would bring in much of the ticket sales alone. they are one of the most popular bands of the decade.
Cradle of Filth - Very popular band that sells out most of their headlining shows. plus they will bring their own set of fans that are different from pretty much every other band on the festival.
Arch Enemy - Very big band with strong fan base. They WILL bring in more people than 5 Finger Bang will any day. And if by some miracle they don't, will at least their fans aren't douches like 5FDP
Exodus - perfect band to open up the main stage. they are bay Area thrash legends if you don't remember.

Jagermeister Stage

Children of Bodom - If they don't sell then i really don't know who else can headline a second stage.
Municipal Waste - the biggest thrash revival band will bring in ticket sales
Nile - Seriously, do i really need to say anything here?
Warbringer - Ok probably won't really really be a big seller, but hell, they deserve to be on a tour like this. They've been on pretty much every other great metal tour for the last couple of years.
Lazarus A.D. - See Warbringer. Not all bands on the tour can be multi platinum selling bands, hence the named second stages.

Mayhem Stage
Anthrax - See Exodus, x2
Dying Fetus - more brutal than most bands on this year's line up
SkeletonWitch - This band may not sell much now, but believe me in like 3 years they will be the big thing.
Toxic Holocaust - OK this is just one of those "i want to see this band here" bands
Chthonic - Maybe not that big of a following here in the States, but they got a huge crowd reaction at Ozzfest.

So, there you go, happy now. I don't care what the kiddies say, the real metalheads would say your opinion on my list is an "epic fail"

Oh and one more thing, your crazy if you think Manson is bigger than SOAD. Just plain crazy.
Sick lineup