Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Dream Set Lists

Old 03-28-2010, 08:15 PM
Visualize perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by undergroundrage View Post
This would be the end of Mayhem, nobody would go.
You mean none of the fagcore dancing homos would go.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Banned Asshole

No, I mean nobody would go. I think they pretty much nailed it this year outside of the Atreyu stage and for some unknown reason this forum hates the lineup.

I don't like dancing idiots either but System of a Down as the main headline would be horrible, nothing against the band but they can't support a tour (of this size) on their own and there is nothing else on that tour that would bring people in. I'd love to see Lazarus A.D., and COB, and maybe one or two others, but that's it. That's a small venue tour you got there. Not MAYHEM...

I'll give this a shot, stick with the TOOL / Mudvayne headline. Whoever said TOOL couldn't sell out Mayhem on their own has clearly never seen them live. That's one of the biggest bands around right now. I just don't know if their show would work in that setting. And I'll bring back the more Death Metal stage for 2011...throw in some hardcore/metalcore for those who like it....

Main Stage:
TOOL
Mudvayne
Fear Factory
Bleeding Through
Machine Head

Jager:
DevilDriver
Cavalera Conspiracy
Throwdown
Evile
Lazarus A.D.

Mayhem:
Cannibal Corpse
All Shall Perish
Born of Osiris
Carnifex
The Faceless

I don't know, it's hard to come up with something because they will always have bands that leave you scratching you're head. That's just a quick list off the top of my head that doesn't seem unrealistic...the Jager stage just seems to be missing something though....

Last edited by undergroundrage; 03-28-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:20 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
for some unknown reason this forum hates the lineup.
Who knows?
I do: Korn, 5FDP, Atreyu, Norma Jean, In This Moment, Hatebreed, Winds of Plague
Old 03-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Who knows?
I do: Korn, 5FDP, Atreyu, Norma Jean, In This Moment, Hatebreed, Winds of Plague
I can see why someone wouldn't like Hatebreed, but have you seen them live? Or FFDP to a lesser extent. Few bands get a crowd moving like Hatebreed. And I can also see the hate for WOP, but I like them. they don't shred like Lazarus, but their over-all sound plays good live.

Now that one stage is down right awful, I know. But people here talk shit about Lamb of God, Chimaira, Shadows Fall like they suck. Those are three of the better bands around right now. There just seems to be a lot of hate around here for any band that gets play on Headbangers ball, or the like...
Old 03-28-2010, 11:17 PM
Visualize perfection

Quote:
I can see why someone wouldn't like Hatebreed, but have you seen them live? Or FFDP to a lesser extent. Few bands get a crowd moving like Hatebreed. And I can also see the hate for WOP, but I like them. they don't shred like Lazarus, but their over-all sound plays good live.

Now that one stage is down right awful, I know. But people here talk shit about Lamb of God, Chimaira, Shadows Fall like they suck. Those are three of the better bands around right now. There just seems to be a lot of hate around here for any band that gets play on Headbangers ball, or the like...
I've seen Hatebreed twice, and actually kind of like them, I own The Rise Of Brutality. They were incredibly fun both times I saw them.

Lazarus A.D. is great live, tons of energy and awesome solos. The vocals aren't for me though.

Lamb Of God is actually one of my favorite bands, no matter how much most of the people on this forum bash them. I've seen them 4 times and will continue to go to their shows every time they come around.

Seen Chimaira once, loved it, and haven't had a chance to see Shadows Fall yet. Don't know much by SF though.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:42 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

I've seen SF and Chimaira, they're both good live but their music is pretty generic. I've seen Hatebreed and 5FDP too, but I don't care how good the stage presence is if the music sucks.
None of them are the "better bands around now". People tend to hate what is on Headbanger's Ball because MTV stays safe by playing whatever sounds like what's popular at the moment, because we wouldn't want to lose any viewers at 3 am on Mondays.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:19 AM
N00B

I won't be going this year because every one of these bands has toured the states extensively. I've seen Zombie, Lamb, Hatebreed, Chimaira, and Shadows Fall at least 10 times in the last 10 years! There's no unique-ness to this lineup, and ZERO bands from overseas. The only band I haven't seen on the lineup is FFDP. ...and no thank you. Bring on Ozzfest dammit!
Old 03-29-2010, 11:31 AM
N00B

This is pretty realistic in my opinion.

Main Stage:
Disturbed
Godsmack
Mudvayne
Down

Jager Stage:
As I Lay Dying
Unearth
DevilDriver
Bury Your Dead
Jager Band

Mayhem Stage:
Dimmu Borgir
Napalm Death
Suicide Silence
Carnifex
Old 03-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

This year's Mayhem lineup does deserve some of the bashing it is getting. I mean I am still going but it is for sure much weaker overall lineup than last years. I mean fuckin Atreyu,Norma Jean and In This Moment are all ungodly awful. I feel really bad for 3 Inches Of Blood for having to share the stage with such garbage bands.

That being said the Jager Stage is pretty good. I havent seen Chimaira or Shadows Fall but Hatebreed absolutley slayed when I saw them in December. Winds Of Plague I am a fan of as well but they do indeed bring out the scene fags which sucks.

Main Stage FFDP is a very meh band on disc but they are entertaining live. Lamb Of God is one of my fave bands and are awesome live. Haven't seen Zombie or Korn but I am big fans of both of them and I am quite excited to see both of them.

I think they need to blend the lineup better like last year. Last year had something for everyone and I think was pretty much the perfect major metal festival lineup.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 03-29-2010, 01:03 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
This would be the end of Mayhem, nobody would go.
I would, and I know many people on this website would favor this line-up over pretty much every other year's. It's ok, you can stay home.