Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Warrior -- San Marcos, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Impaled -- Oakland, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014

Old 03-12-2010, 03:55 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

HEAVEN & HELL updates

Tony Iommi on:

Dio - "Ronnie’s doing better, he’s been responding well to treatment. He’s very positive and has been in the studio in LA this week doing a bit of singing. He has to fly to Dallas (from his Los Angeles home) for chemotherapy every two weeks and has injections daily in his stomach."

His hand - "The cartilage between the thumb joints of my right hand, my fret hand, was rubbing, bone to bone. They’ve cured that but the bone’s been pushed back and I’ve been told I may need another operation to pull the bone up. I don’t particularly want to go there because I have a friend, also a guitar player, who had that operation and it all went pear shaped which put me off a bit."

Vinny Appice (shoulder surgery) - "He’s doing alright, he’s doing all his exercises. I don’t know if he’s started playing yet but he soon will be. I had the same operation on my arm four or five years ago."

Next release - "We’re mixing a live DVD of one of our shows from the last tour and Ronnie’s been going into the studio to sing along with it just to loosen his voice up. He’s not been able to do that for a while and he was worried. But he’s sounding really good now and he’s a lot happier."

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd

Last edited by ravenheart; 03-12-2010 at 06:26 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:01 AM
N00B

Dio's beast status has now been reinforced 20x over. Great to hear about a new live DVD as well.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:21 AM
Regretting my username

Wow. Its so hard to think that the Metal Gods are actually human beings with problems of disease and the wear and tear of old age.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:06 PM
The time has come for all to see the men behind the curtain cast into disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Wow. Its so hard to think that the Metal Gods are actually human beings with problems of disease and the wear and tear of old age.
lol I was about to say that they're all falling apart (except for Geezer, it seems). I'm just suprised how willing they are to keep going on after all of this. All hail the mighty Sabbath
Old 03-12-2010, 01:57 PM
sheds on white

black sabbath cannot die. I like how nothing is wrong with the one they call Geezer even tho the rest seem to be breaking down with age
Old 03-13-2010, 04:51 AM

More on Dio from Wendy:

"Well, now it has been Ronnie’s 7th chemo, another cat scan and another endoscopy, and the results are good – the main tumor has shrunk considerably, and our visits to Houston are now every three weeks instead of every two weeks.

Ronnie and Vinny went down to the studio to have a listen and see how the DVD is coming along, NOT to overdub anything as presumed by (various online) rants. I was very annoyed to read these comments. Ronnie is a singer and does not need to overdub a live show, and he would never cheat his fans by overdubbing a live DVD. I will not be showing these comments to Ronnie, as I know they would hurt and upset him as they did me. He has been going to the rehearsal studio to sing, not the recording studio!

Ronnie’s cousin Rock (from THE RODS, who used to be in ELF with him) flew in from New York to visit Ronnie for a week and they enjoyed spending some time together, going to the movies and taking walks, and Ronnie and Rock went to the studio to master Rock’s new album, which Ronnie sings a track on. And Craig Goldy will be coming over to start writing new songs with Ronnie next week. It will be great to see him again, as he has been away touring with the British band BUDGIE.

That’s all I can think of right now until the next update. God bless you all and we are still reading all the wonderful cards and letters."

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
Old 03-13-2010, 07:31 AM
Regretting my username

Craig Goldy is going to come over? So, Dio is working on some solo stuff?
Old 03-13-2010, 09:56 AM

Magica 2 and 3, of course. He said he's been writing it on and off between H&H activity.

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
Old 03-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Dio's been working on new solo stuff. His plan before the cancer happened was to do a European tour and then release Magica 2 & 3 in 2010 and 2011. At least that was the word going around at the time. There's a new song he's recorded called "Electra" that will be on the album whenever it comes out. I haven't heard it yet but i'm sure it's available to listen to online.

It's good to hear everyone is doing ok now, especially Ronnie. I hope they're healthy enough this summer for HNH to play the European festivals they're booked for.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?

Quote:
More importantly, Tony and Geezer will have nothing to do...