Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 03-11-2010, 08:43 PM
In Search of Truth

WASP New York City Show Cancelled... After Doors Opened

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=136583

Interesting. I would have been PISSED if I was at this show, I talked to someone who went and they said the show was sold out and the people were PISSED.

It seems as though it wasn't entirely the band's fault, and apparently Blackie took the time to sign stuff and take pictures for quite some time - so I guess I gotta give him points for trying.

Hopefully nothing happens to the show in Allentown on Monday night. It's Croc Rock, so if something can go wrong, it will.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:07 PM
N00B

Dude, that sucks. I'll be at the Allentown show as well. This better not happen there! And yeah, the Croc Rock does suck.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:09 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkill13 View Post
Dude, that sucks. I'll be at the Allentown show as well. This better not happen there! And yeah, the Croc Rock does suck.
Cool. I'll be wearing a Savatage shirt. Guarantee I'll be the only one. If you see me, say hey.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:02 PM
N00B

Looks like you were right...Goddammit I drove all the way to Allentown and back (80 miles) for nothing! I even checked the website right before I left. I knew something was up when I didn't see the tour bus by the parking lot. I talked to some guys outside and they said WASP setup and did a soundcheck and then just left. There must have been a lot of commotion, because he said cops showed up. Do you know any more details?
Old 03-15-2010, 06:40 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

So apparently NYC was cancelled because 50 fans bought VIP tickets for $50 to get a meet and greet. Blackie demanded that the fans were refunded the extra price of the VIP tix, the promoter denied, so Blackie cancelled the show.
I would have been pissed too, but by completely cancelling you don't just fuck the 50 people who paid extra, but the entire crowd.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:24 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Looks like you were right...Goddammit I drove all the way to Allentown and back (80 miles) for nothing! I even checked the website right before I left. I knew something was up when I didn't see the tour bus by the parking lot. I talked to some guys outside and they said WASP setup and did a soundcheck and then just left. There must have been a lot of commotion, because he said cops showed up. Do you know any more details?
I have no idea. I actually didn't even go down until about 9:30, but yeah, they said at the door that they had canceled, and we could get our money back tomorrow (we bought tickets in advance, since I live only 10 minutes away).

I'm really, really hoping they give a proper explanation for this cancellation, but I'm going to guess it had something to do with the NINE opening bands the venue booked. Not out of character for this piece of shit venue. Doesn't explain the cops, but certainly would be a decent excuse for the band to want to cancel. This shit is just uncalled for.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:59 PM
N00B

I'm thinking maybe the sound was so shitty during the soundcheck (because the sound at the Croc Rock sucks), Blackie got pissed and said fuck this place and left. Then people began arguing and it escalated so the cops showed up.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=136772

Tonight's (Monday, March 15) W.A.S.P. concert at the Crocodile Rock Café in Allentown, Pennsylvania was reportedly cancelled by the artist. No further information is currently available.

As previously reported, W.A.S.P. called off Thursday night's (March 11) show at the Blender Theater at Gramercy in New York City because the club allegedly sold 50 VIP tickets to the show for $50 (twice the normal admission price) to fans who wished to attend a meet-and-greet with the band. However, the band was never been told about the arrangement.

"These tickets were sold to these 50 or so fans without W.A.S.P. having any knowledge of this, let alone agreeing to this," frontman Blackie Lawless claimed in a statement posted on the band's web site. "Upon learning of this late in the afternoon of the show day, W.A.S.P. insisted that the promoter of this venue, who sold these VIP tickets to these fans, return the VIP portion of those tickets back to the fans. This meant that the promoter would have had to give each of those VIP ticket holders a refund of $25 of each ticket. W.A.S.P. demanded that this $25 be returned to each of these ticket holders in cash prior to the meet-and-greet, which W.A.S.P. was still going to do. The promoter refused. W.A.S.P. then informed the promoter unless these monies were refunded to these fans, in cash, that the band would not perform the show. Again, the promoter refused and W.A.S.P. canceled the show.

"We are saddened that it had to result in the cancellation of our performance for this evening, but we believe this unfortunate situation amounts to nothing more than our fans being ripped off," Lawless added. "We have never charged a fan for an autograph and will never charge any fans for an autograph.

"To all the fans that came to the show and were turned away, please accept our sincerest apologies," Lawless continued. "W.A.S.P. cannot and will not ever stand by and watch or be involved in their fans being ripped off."
09/26 - Black Cobra
09/29 - Interpol
Old 03-15-2010, 09:28 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
I'm thinking maybe the sound was so shitty during the soundcheck (because the sound at the Croc Rock sucks), Blackie got pissed and said fuck this place and left. Then people began arguing and it escalated so the cops showed up.
It's possible, but this would've been at least the third or fourth time WASP has played Croc Rock - so they probably knew that going in. I had also thought about the fact that they've been using video screens on this tour... but again, they should've already known the venue wouldn't be able to have one.

In reality though, this is all because WASP clearly has a horrible tour manager. The NYC incident and whatever happened tonight was the fault of the tour manager, who is supposed to make sure venues don't this stuff and everything is up to the standard of the artist - and if not, to cancel within a respectable amount of time.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:54 PM
N00B

This was just posted at the Croc Rock website:

"very low tickets sales for poor old blacky... BLACKI LEFT THE BUILDING AFTER NOT PAYING HIS $198.00 FOOD BILL.. WE AND OTHER BIG CLUBS WILL NOT REBOOK HIM ANYTIME SOON! AND I WAS A FAN!!! THIS HAPPEND AT OTHER SHOWS LAST WEEK IN NEW YORK! AND NEW JERSEY..WE WILL PRAY FOR HIM.... ROCKLORD"