Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 03-09-2010, 05:58 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Exclamation Paul Di'Anno to perform ENTIRE debut Iron Maiden album on upcoming Australian tour!

Quote:
Hardline Media has announced the Paul Di'Anno "30th Anniversary Of Iron Maiden" tour. This is a very special tour, marking the 30th anniversary of the debut self-titled IRON MAIDEN album. For the first and only time in history, you will hear every song from the "Iron Maiden" LP played live, along with multiple tracks from "Killers", IRON MAIDEN's legendary second album. Some of the songs from the first LP have not been played live for nearly 30 years, so this is a very special occasion for Australian fans, as this occasion looks set to only happen in Oz.

Tickets look set to sell fast so get in quick, and there will be special V.I.P. packages available for the diehard fans. These packages will get you entry to the show, a merchandise bag, tour poster and a meet-and-greet with the Beast himself, Paul Di'Anno. Contact Hardline Media at hardlinem@yahoo.com for more information on these packages.

The dates are as follows:

Jun. 17 - Bar On The Hill - Newcastle, Australia
Jun. 18 - Waves - Wollongong, Australia
Jun. 19 - Gaelic Theatre - Sydney, Australia
Jun. 20 - ANU - Canberra, Australia
Jun. 24 - The Espy Gershwin Room - Melbourne, Australia
Jun. 25 - Republic Bar - Hobart, Australia
Jun. 26 - Fowlers Live - Adelaide, Australia
Jun. 27 - Amplifier - Perth, Australia
Jun. 29 - Rosies - Brisbane, Australia
Jul. 01 - Al's Bar - Christchurch, New Zealand
Jul. 02 - Bodega's - Wellington, New Zealand
Jul. 03 - Transmission Room - Auckland, New Zealand
Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=136418

I'd love to hear that! Hopefully a show will be filmed for DVD.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:01 PM
We're dying on the inside

Dude, I don't know how there hasn't been a lawsuit against this bullshit by now. This isn't a tribute band situation; this is a disgruntled former member of a band (barely) paying his bills with music that he didn't write 90% of, and the original band who recorded it hasn't broken up. How Steve doesn't have tighter control of the material for this is beyond me.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:04 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Dude, I don't know how there hasn't been a lawsuit against this bullshit by now. This isn't a tribute band situation; this is a disgruntled former member of a band (barely) paying his bills with music that he didn't write 90% of, and the original band who recorded it hasn't broken up. How Steve doesn't have tighter control of the material for this is beyond me.
Steve probably figures since the guy is barely making it anyway that a lawsuit would be a total waste of everyone's time and money. Let him have his bit of fun as long as it isn't hurting Maiden. NOTHING can stop the almighty Maiden!
Old 03-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Compounding this is that interview Paul gave awhile back comparing Harris to Adolf Hitler.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:17 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

this guy is so fucking pathetic. instead of writing new material to make a name for himself he just keeps riding maiden's coattails and playing the same old material over and over. on his website he attributes himself to like 20 albums, but over half of them are just maiden compilations. atleast blaze went on to try and make something of himself, but dianno is just a whore.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
this guy is so fucking pathetic. instead of writing new material to make a name for himself he just keeps riding maiden's coattails and playing the same old material over and over. on his website he attributes himself to like 20 albums, but over half of them are just maiden compilations. atleast blaze went on to try and make something of himself, but dianno is just a whore.
He's done quite a bit of material outside of Maiden: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Di'Anno#Discography
Old 03-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

This would be interesting if he didn't already do most of the tracks every single tour he's done for like the past 20 years.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:53 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
He's done quite a bit of material outside of Maiden: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Di'Anno#Discography

it looks like alot at first glance but lets analyze this. there are 31 things on that list (exclusing the last section). we take 5 out because its maiden material. then we take 4 more off because theyre either compilations or re-releases. then we take out live albums, which there are 5 of. So after that there are only 17 albums left that can make an argument for having fresh material on them. plus almost every one of those albums contains the words "iron" "maiden" or "killers" in it... this guy is just oozing with creativity.

and reading down his wiki you see one pathetic failure after another. my favorite is this part: "After the release of Murder One, Paul married an English girl whom he flew in to New York. Drugs and alcohol took their toll and the marriage quickly fell apart. Paul left New York and moved in with his new American girlfriend in LA. A fight between him and his new girlfriend involving a knife alerted the attention of the police, who came into the apartment and arrested him for spousal abuse, cocaine possession and firearms offenses."

and for the record ill always take steve's side of the story and not even give dianno benefit of the doubt. i mean harris has made maiden a colossal success, and paul just rants like a bitter drug abuser in all his interviews. its not hard to tell which one of them is full of shit.

Last edited by Div; 03-09-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:25 PM
N00B

Between this and the reviews of the shows from the US tour, one can only conclude this guy is a class A loser
MDF
Old 03-09-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Compounding this is that interview Paul gave awhile back comparing Harris to Adolf Hitler.
Oh ya, I forgot about that. Because of that, I have very little respect for the guy. If I saw him, it would only be because he was in Maiden and just to hear him do those songs live. And if I got a chance to meet him, I would only have him sign Maiden stuff. But Paul himself as a person? Fuck him!