King Diamond -- Denver, CO -- October 24th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 24th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Evansville, IN -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Denver, CO -- October 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-07-2010, 06:16 AM
welp

Kreator -- New York, NY -- March 6th, 2010

Awesome show. Got at the venue (Nokia Theater) around 4 or so. My friend and I bought our tickets off some guy for 20 bucks each (saved 10 bucks or so). Met up with some friends, talked and whatnot until they started letting people in, at which point I started running for the rail. Got a real nice spot on it. Lazarus A.D. were up first. I was pretty excited because I'm a fan of theirs. I'm not 100% positive about their set.

Lazarus A.D.
?
Absolute Power
Last Breath
?
Thou Shall Not Fear
Revolution

Next up were Evile. I'm not really a fan of theirs, but I was somewhat looking forward to them because I've known of them for a little while now and it was their first US tour/NYC show. All in all they were good, not as good as Lazarus though, IMO. They got a great crowd response though.

Evile (copied and pasted from another thread)
Infected Nation
We Who Are About to Die
Time No More
Thrasher
Bathe in Blood
Enter the Grave

Next was Nachtmystium. Just from their soundcheck alone I knew we were in for some shitty music. These guys probably had the worst guitar tone/bass tone/overall sound I have ever heard. So boring, I almost fell asleep on the rail. Obviously I don't know their set, and I'm not going to bother to copy and paste it either because they fucking sucked ass.

Next up was Voivod. Let me start up by saying these guys are out of their fucking minds. Snake was doing all sorts of wierd dances and Blacky was just all over the place. I not really a fan of theirs, so I don't know their set other than they opened with Voivod and also played Tornado. Overall a really enjoyable performance from Canada's prog-thrash legends.

Now the moment we've all been waiting for, back for the second time on the Hordes of Chaos tour, the mighty KREATOR. This would be my second time seeing them, the first being the last time they came to NYC with Exodus. Last time around Exodus's set completely wore me out, so for most of Kreator's set I was sitting down. But this time, I was fucking ready. The smoke filled up the stage,The Choir of the Damned Intro was playing, and the band came out and started blasting The Pestilence. The crowd was going batshit crazy for pretty much their whole set, especially on the rail. It was probably one of the most, if not the most brutal set I ever experienced. Fucking incredible. Some of the highlights for me were Hordes of Chaos, Enemy of God, Impossible Brutality, and the always epic Flag of Hate/Tormentor. If anyone reading this is thinking about going to see Kreator, DO IT.

Kreator
Choir of the Damned (short)
The Pestilence
Hordes of Chaos
Phobia
Enemy of God
Impossible Brutality
Endless Pain
Pleasure to Kill
Terrible Certainty
Extreme Aggression
Coma of Souls
Servant in Heaven – King in Hell
The Patriarch/Violent Revolution
Demon Prince
---------
Encore:
When the Sun Burns Red
Flag of Hate/Tormentor

Amazing show. Sorry for the long post, I like to go in depth.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:22 AM
Sad Wings Of Destiny

I was just going to post this thread. Some show facts: Doors opened at 5, show started at 6. Set times:

Lazarus AD: 6:00-6:30
Evile: 6:45-7:15
Nachtmystium: 7:30 - 8:00
Voivod: 8:15-9:00
Kreator: 9:20-10:45

Shirts for Kreator and Voivod were $25. Kreator had Pleasure to Kill, Hordes Of Chaos and Flag of Hate shirts and the tour shirt and PTK hoodie. Voivod had the Killing Technology shirt, War and Pain shirt and two logo shirts. After the show they were at the merch booth signing stuff.

All in all the show was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. What more can you say when Kreator plays your favorite song? HAILSTORMS, TORNADOES!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2010, 08:56 AM
N00B

I was there last night too. I got there last so I missed Lazarus AD and Evile.

Natchmystium was pretty good, I missed them when they toured with Marduk so I'm glad I got to see them this time around. 7.5/10
Your True Enemy
Ghosts of Grace
Life of Fire
Hellish Overdose
Assassins

Voivod was amazing they easily stole the show, last time I saw them was Ozzfest 2003 so I'm so glad that I finally got to see them play a longer set. Set is complete but may be slightly out of order. 9/10
Voivod
The Unknown Knows
Ripping Headache
Tornado
Tribal Convictions
Overreaction
Global Warning
Missing Sequences
Astronomy Domine

Honestly, Kreator was fun but to me they were just generic 80's thrash metal. Bands like Testmanet, Slayer, Exodus, etc can do that a millions time better. 4/10
Old 03-07-2010, 10:31 AM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergman101 View Post
I was there last night too. I got there last so I missed Lazarus AD and Evile.

Natchmystium was pretty good, I missed them when they toured with Marduk so I'm glad I got to see them this time around. 7.5/10
Your True Enemy
Ghosts of Grace
Life of Fire
Hellish Overdose
Assassins

Kreator was fun but to me they were just generic 80's thrash metal. 4/10
GTFO
Old 03-07-2010, 10:39 AM
N00B

WHEN THE SUN BURNS RED!!!!!! YES!!!! I hope they play that when they come back to the UK!!!!
Old 03-07-2010, 10:48 AM
N00B

I wanted to see Lazarus AD, I saw them last year with Unearth and Testament and they were awesome.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:58 AM
triturabis primatum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergman101 View Post
Honestly, Kreator was fun but to me they were just generic 80's thrash metal. Bands like Testmanet, Slayer, Exodus, etc can do that a millions time better. 4/10
I've seen ALL of those bands in a club setting, the only one that compares to Kreator live is Slayer, and only because the fans are insane, and make the show so much more intense. Exodus is lame as shit now, and Testament has good and bad days.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Headbanger

Good to hear that it was an awesome show! One of my photographers was in the photo pit and here are his pictures!

http://metalassault.com/image.php?y=...&s=Kre&d=6&i=1
Old 03-07-2010, 12:03 PM
not the mama

Great show!

I missed Lazarus A.D.

Evile was pretty good. 6/10

Nachtmystium was just disappointing to be honest. They didn't sound as good as they do on CD, skipping solos and everything...why? . 6/10

Voivod really surprised me. I don't like them on CD but live they had such an awesome stage presence. Each member was just insane! 9/10

And finally, Kreator just slayed. 9/10
Old 03-07-2010, 12:21 PM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalN00dle View Post
I've seen ALL of those bands in a club setting, the only one that compares to Kreator live is Slayer, and only because the fans are insane, and make the show so much more intense. Exodus is lame as shit now, and Testament has good and bad days.
I have to disagree. Both times I've seen them have been great. I also happen to like their most recent material though, which would probably make it more enjoyable.

Tags
evile, kreator, lazarus a.d., nachtmystium, voivod