Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990
Korn -- Denver, CO -- July 29th, 2002
Queen + Adam Lambert - Toronto, ON - July 28th, 2014
Warped Tour -- Auburn Hills, MI -- July 18th, 2014

Old 03-05-2010, 09:33 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I met Unearth when they opened for Testament. They are one of the coolest, humble bands I've ever met, especially Ken Susi.
I've heard otherwise
Old 03-05-2010, 10:04 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
I've heard otherwise
I can detest to it.

After Testament was done, I seen Ken Susi and he was looking really down. So I went over to him and told him he did a hell of a job that night,(which all of Unearth did). He said to me "Thanks man. You know you're the first guy to say that tonight?" That made me feel shitty, because I've played plenty of those gigs where no one seems to give a fuck about how you played. It doesn't matter if you're the first band of the night, or the headlining band, when that happens it really fucking sucks.

So I hung out with him about 15-20 minutes just talking music and bands and shooting the shit with him. It really seemed to cheer him up a lot. Really I try doing that with any musician I go see. I'm a drummer, I know what it's like to get no attention after a show, and I know what it's like to get the annoying fanboys. I always try to be the guy who shows that I'm a musician as well so I love talking to other musicians just showing my appreciation by hanging out with them if they don't seem annoyed and just talk about music.

I always feel for the underdog at a show. I mean I love Testament. I was able to get Eric Peterson's guitar pic and setlist, and Chuck Billy's "CHUCK'S PICK" pic that night, but hanging out with Unearth when they clearly weren't like just because they aren't Thrash really made me want to show that they are a great band, no matter who they are playing with.

I totally get why a lot of people don't like their stuff, but if it wasn't for Unearth's The Oncoming Storm, I probably wouldn't be into any kind of Metal today.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
they are a great band, no matter who they are playing with
Herein lies the problem for Unearth. They have to have the shittiest track record of all time as far as playing with bands that suck donkey balls and draw negative attention to them. I've said "fuck it" no less than three times in the last year or two to seeing them live, because they played alongside bands I had no interest in seeing whatsoever. I honestly think that the company they keep are holding them back. I know it may not be the band's decision who they are placed on tour with, but somebody has got to get these guys on a decent tour with bands of similar style and ability. Much of the metal world is missing out on something surprisingly good because of this issue, IMO.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

I'm not gonna say that I love Unearth's studio stuff (I haven't really listened) but I dropped my wall when I saw them last time, and I had a fucking blast. They are just fun, and really not that bad.

Live, at least.
08/07 - Handguns (?)
08/15 - Whores
Old 03-05-2010, 10:25 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Herein lies the problem for Unearth. They have to have the shittiest track record of all time as far as playing with bands that suck donkey balls and draw negative attention to them. I've said "fuck it" no less than three times in the last year or two to seeing them live, because they played alongside bands I had no interest in seeing whatsoever. I honestly think that the company they keep are holding them back. I know it may not be the band's decision who they are placed on tour with, but somebody has got to get these guys on a decent tour with bands of similar style and ability. Much of the metal world is missing out on something surprisingly good because of this issue, IMO.

I will agree with that. I really wanted to see Unearth live again after seeing them with Testament, but I never made the effort because of the other bands they are playing with (Just look at this current tour they are on now for example...atrocious) but that doesn't make the band any less good.

That is really what I'm afraid of if my my Metal band ever gets the chance to go on tour, as much I don't want to be stuck with some shitty bands but I turn down the offer to go tour if it means that my band can get some exposure. I'm sure Unearth feels the same way.

As long as I don't turn out like the Assclowns from Rose fUNOeral I think I'll be ok.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:07 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

Quote:
I can detest to it.
Wrong word man. Way wrong word.

Last edited by JuuKun; 03-06-2010 at 06:27 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:42 AM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post
Wrong word man. Way wrong word.
Yeah I just realized that now. I was thinking of a another word. GUess that happens when you're up late.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Not only that but they always ignore their best album (in my eyes) III In the Eyes of Fire in their setlists. I like The Oncoming Storm but they choose to play 3 or 4 songs from that cd every show and 1 maybe 2 from III. I'll never get that. If it wasn't for Giles I may have never gotten into them when I did. When I 1st heard This Glorious Nightmare I loved it too. Last time I saw them they played 5 off the new cd, 1 off III and 4 off Oncoming Storm. Why?
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Old 03-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Personally I think The March is the best Unearth album. Should they throw in some older stuff in their live sets yes they should. Overall I think all of Unearth's material is quite strong and they haven't released a bad record yet.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 03-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

Is anyone up for a game of Battleship during Carnifex's set? Or how about some Mario Kart DS for Oceano?