Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 03-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Headbanger

As much as it pains me some of my favorite bands are guilty of terrible setlists.

Worst:

Hed PE - Even when they headline they only play 50 min and there is way too much bullshit ranting between songs. Shut up and fucking play!

Lamb of God - 11th Hour, Vigil, Ruin & Fake Messiah need to be incorporated STAT!

WASP - I know I'm old school but their 1st 2 cd's are incredible to me. Playing only 2 or 3 songs total off these albums is blasphemy!

Iron Maiden - I saw them three times in a 4 year span and got the same exact show all 3 times. Couldn't they at least mix up the encores?

Marilyn Manson - I still have a bootleg of the Antichrist Superstar Tour show I went to. That was a perfect setlist if I ever saw one.

Best:

Pearl Jam - Only seen them twice but the 2nd time was the night Kurt Cobain died. We didn't think they would even play and instead they came out and played 2:45 and blew me away. One of the 3 best concert experiences I've ever had and I'll never forget Eddie Vedder's opening speech and his incredible version of Indifference to open the show.

Alice in Chains - It pains me to bail on their show tonight but I'm going to wait until they're closer, healthier and I can really enjoy them.

Metallica - Other than playing shitty Nothing Else Matters every show they do a great job of mixing it up.

Rush - When they brought back Natural Science I lost my mind

Alice Cooper - Always plays 25+ songs and the theatrics are worth the price of admission alone. Manson should take notes...

Honorable mention: Clutch - As good of a job as they do covering their albums they continue to ignore Transnational Speedway and I can't forgive them for that. Binge & Purge and Shotgun named Marcus are still 2 of my 5 favorite Clutch songs and they rarely play Shotgun and NEVER play Binge.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
WASP - I know I'm old school but their 1st 2 cd's are incredible to me. Playing only 2 or 3 songs total off these albums is blasphemy!
They've got much bigger problems with their setlists than that.

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Old 03-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
They've got much bigger problems with their setlists than that.
True but that pisses me off more than anything. I could handle a shorter set if there were zero covers and 4-5 songs off these 2 albums
Old 03-11-2010, 07:04 AM
Just typing this here because I don't like noob under my name....

BEST
----------
Alice Cooper and Rush for reasons mentioned above.
Metallica - I've never really had a problem with any set.

Also I'll add Bruce Springsteen (sp?), I'm not a fan of his at all but to change the set like he does is pretty cool.

Worst
-----------
AC/DC
KISS 1998-2003, then 2008-now (pending on upcoming Euro tour)

The current lineup is the best for changes in the setlist, they can actually play the 80's material and they have the ability to add a rare song at any show....the only problem is they don't, at least haven't since 2006 (Love Em Leave Em, Kissin' Time, Take Me, All American Man)

Last edited by jerry1013; 03-11-2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Best:
Worst:
Dream Theater - mostly because of how bad the sets were this tour.
Obviously you didnt go to the right show. PN09 in MN was one of the best shows I've ever seen in my life.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Meat1940 View Post
Obviously you didnt go to the right show. PN09 in MN was one of the best shows I've ever seen in my life.
I don't doubt for a second they're not putting on good shows. It's just their setlists for this tour and the 2007 tour are just "blah" to me. I just don't get that special feeling reading their setlists now since they aren't doing the "evening with" format the last few years. Their sets were great up until they decided to shorten their set times. They really brought the criticism on themselves, they know they can't do sets that short and get away with it for too long before fans start complaining.

I've heard that they're bringing back the "evening with" format for their next tour in 2011. Which is very good. They'll be bringing back what makes them such a great live band. I think they've lost their live mystic a bit the last few tours by not doing that.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Banned Asshole

Yup. It would probably be going on right now or in the summer if Iron Maiden didn't give them an offer they couldn't refuse. haha

Am I the only one who this this would be a really good time for them to bring out The Twelve Step Suite? I mean, come on, it's just about an hour in length so it would be the perfect length for an opening set. I doubt it will happen, but it would be pretty suite. (pun intended)

Last edited by Uncle_Meat1940; 03-15-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:42 PM
In Search of Truth

I would be PISSED if DT did that for these Maiden shows. I only genuinely love one of the 5 songs, and 2 of the others I really don't care for.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Banned Asshole

I would be happy with it. The only song in it that bugs me a little bit is The Glass Prison, I love the music but I hate the bible thumper lyrics at the end ( I know it's a part of AA but still, come on Mike ).

If they don't do that I hope they go with the older stuff like you were saying since their older stuff has more of a similar sound to Maiden than the newer stuff.

If its true that their set is 50 mins, going off the average song length of 10 mins or so, I think a good ratio would be 3/5 older stuff and 2/5 should incorporate some of their heavier numbers. I just don't see how they can make a truely good 50 min set. We'll have to wait and see I suppose

I know it's going to happen, but I really really hope that they don't play ANYTHING off BC&SL. I like the album, don't get me wrong, but If they're that strapped for time I want to hear songs that I haven't already heard live twice this year. I swear, if I have to sit through ANtR again Ill flip a tit cause that's probably my least favorite song off the album and I've already wasted half an hour of my live DT experiences on that fucking song.

It would be cool if they played their cover of To Tame a Land. If there was a tour to do it on it would be this one. haha
Old 03-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Meat1940 View Post
If its true that their set is 50 mins, going off the average song length of 10 mins or so, I think a good ratio would be 3/5 older stuff and 2/5 should incorporate some of their heavier numbers. I just don't see how they can make a truely good 50 min set. We'll have to wait and see I suppose
It is possible for them to do a good set of around 50 mins. I made this playlist on my iTunes and it comes to 51 mins.

Overture 1928
Strange Deja Vu
A Rite Of Passage
Wither
Solitary Shell
Caught In A Web
Pull Me Under
Metropolis

If they just play the songs and don't do any jams or solos something like this is possible. They can even do the PMU/Metropolis combo they sometimes do live to save a few mins if 50 is indeed their time limit. They've got plenty of great tunes in the 5-6 minute range. They just gotta avoid doing the 15-20 minute epics for this tour and their opening sets for Maiden will be just fine.