Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 1 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 12th, 2014
Samhain -- Chicago, IL -- September 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-23-2010, 07:17 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I saw Megadeth on Gigantour in 2005 and they played an amphitheater. They probably had 5 or 6 thousand there. At least all the reserved seats were sold. As for them doing a 1,200 capacity venue, it does seem a little small for them. But the place they're playing is THE club when it comes to booking metal/rock shows where I live. It's also the biggest club we've got for shows here in terms of not only building size but capacity as well. So while it seems small they actually are playing the biggest venue they can here outside of the HSBC arena or the Darien Lake amphiteater.

I know that Maiden fans love the first two albums but there just isn't that much interest to see Di'Anno at all. He just never made enough of a name for himself after he left them for a lot of people to care. As much as I love Maiden if he came to my city I wouldn't even bother seeing him. I can hear all the Maiden tunes he's doing right now done better by Bruce on all the Maiden live stuff I have anyways.
Ya. If I went to see him, the main reason would be just to say that I saw him. Maiden is my most favorite metal band of all time and it'd be cool and kind of historic to see a part of them.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:48 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
MOST of Maiden's fans care about the first 2 albums. In fact, from what I can tell at their forum, most think they are great albums. So, yes, I would think Paul would be popular among Maiden's MANY fans.
Iron Maiden only plays a few weeks worth of shows in the U.S. because they don't have the drawing power to fill arenas for months on end coast to coast such as Metallica. Also keep in mind a lot of the people at Maiden shows are drawn in by the cool T-shirt designs and probably don't even know many songs so it's a tough situation for Paul Di'Anno to capitalize on.

It may be a totally different fan base, many of my friends at the Redondo show wouldn't even bother with a Maiden show these days.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:22 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijwthstd View Post
Iron Maiden only plays a few weeks worth of shows in the U.S. because they don't have the drawing power to fill arenas for months on end coast to coast such as Metallica. Also keep in mind a lot of the people at Maiden shows are drawn in by the cool T-shirt designs and probably don't even know many songs so it's a tough situation for Paul Di'Anno to capitalize on.

It may be a totally different fan base, many of my friends at the Redondo show wouldn't even bother with a Maiden show these days.
Maiden stated that around 2003, they wanted to cut back on touring so I think that's why they haven't played huge USA tours. I bet they've regained enough popularity to play a full 30-40 city USA arena tour to sell out or come close to selling out every show.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Headbanger

Icarus Witch interview from that show is up.

http://metalassault.com/Interviews/0...arus_Witch.php

Tags
paul di'anno