Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014
Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-19-2010, 06:41 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

There was hardly anyone at the VA Beach show. But then again, it's not a very big rock town.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 02-19-2010, 08:47 PM
sheds on white

I was not aware he was selling out shows and I'm not saying he's washed up or anything but if 9 out of 14 of his songs are Maiden songs I'm just sayin it seems he can't escape the "I was in Iron Maiden" thing. I like Paul Di'Anno. The first Maiden album I bought was Killers. And yeah maybe the Santa Anna show is gonna be different.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:05 AM
Headbanger

Review up. http://metalassault.com/Live_Reviews...aul_DiAnno.php
Old 02-20-2010, 05:35 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post
I would be shocked if he sold out any shows on this tour. Word on the Maiden board is that there were only 36 people at the Reno show. Where did you hear that he was selling out shows?
36?!?!?!?!?!?! I figured because of who he was, there would be at least 1,000 people at every show. Do you have a link to the thread of the Maiden board? It's not this one is it?: http://www.ironmaidenforum.com/ Because that's the main forum I'm on.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:49 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

Quote:
'if you're here only for the Iron Maiden stuff, you should go home. This ain't a Maiden tribute show'
And then his set this tour has been, what, 9 Maiden songs out of 15?
Old 02-20-2010, 06:09 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
36?!?!?!?!?!?! I figured because of who he was, there would be at least 1,000 people at every show. Do you have a link to the thread of the Maiden board? It's not this one is it?: http://www.ironmaidenforum.com/ Because that's the main forum I'm on.
A 1,000 people? What world are you living in if you're thinking he can draw that at all? There's popular metal bands today who can't even draw that many people at a club. I'm going to see Megadeth next month and the show is sold out. The capacity of the place is around 1,200. You honestly think Paul Di'anno could draw in that range anywhere in the world?

I've seen plenty of bands who have a much bigger name than him who don't even draw a 1,000 a show. There's a very small amount of people who know or even care about Di'anno and the first two Maiden albums. He's made no name for himself outside of Maiden and is lucky to even get 36 people who care enough to go to see him now.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
No, it was not on the free forum. It was on the fan club forum. In a thread about the San Diego show, they estimated about 300 people.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:49 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
A 1,000 people? What world are you living in if you're thinking he can draw that at all? There's popular metal bands today who can't even draw that many people at a club. I'm going to see Megadeth next month and the show is sold out. The capacity of the place is around 1,200. You honestly think Paul Di'anno could draw in that range anywhere in the world?

I've seen plenty of bands who have a much bigger name than him who don't even draw a 1,000 a show. There's a very small amount of people who know or even care about Di'anno and the first two Maiden albums. He's made no name for himself outside of Maiden and is lucky to even get 36 people who care enough to go to see him now.
MOST of Maiden's fans care about the first 2 albums. In fact, from what I can tell at their forum, most think they are great albums. So, yes, I would think Paul would be popular among Maiden's MANY fans.

And Megadeth playing a club that holds only 1,200?? WTF?? When I saw them in 2008's Gigantour, they sold out the Myth here in Minnesota and that holds around 3,000-4,000. Also, Dimmu Borgir came through the same club TWICE headlining within a year and sold at least half of it.

I guess Paul is just too washed up, but I didn't think it would be that bad. Even the 300 that showed up to San Diego is pretty pathetic. Also, the fact that he was banned from the USA for so long didn't help much. Oh well, could be worse I guess.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:08 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post
I would be shocked if he sold out any shows on this tour. Word on the Maiden board is that there were only 36 people at the Reno show. Where did you hear that he was selling out shows?
Icarus Witch posted on their Facebook page that the New Jersey and New York City shows were sold out, and the NY State show was still packed. I didn't follow anything after that. Naturally I was sure they wouldn't all be that way, but I definitely heard a lot of stories of packed/sold out venues early on.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
MOST of Maiden's fans care about the first 2 albums. In fact, from what I can tell at their forum, most think they are great albums. So, yes, I would think Paul would be popular among Maiden's MANY fans.

And Megadeth playing a club that holds only 1,200?? WTF?? When I saw them in 2008's Gigantour, they sold out the Myth here in Minnesota and that holds around 3,000-4,000. Also, Dimmu Borgir came through the same club TWICE headlining within a year and sold at least half of it.

I guess Paul is just too washed up, but I didn't think it would be that bad. Even the 300 that showed up to San Diego is pretty pathetic. Also, the fact that he was banned from the USA for so long didn't help much. Oh well, could be worse I guess.
I saw Megadeth on Gigantour in 2005 and they played an amphitheater. They probably had 5 or 6 thousand there. At least all the reserved seats were sold. As for them doing a 1,200 capacity venue, it does seem a little small for them. But the place they're playing is THE club when it comes to booking metal/rock shows where I live. It's also the biggest club we've got for shows here in terms of not only building size but capacity as well. So while it seems small they actually are playing the biggest venue they can here outside of the HSBC arena or the Darien Lake amphiteater.

I know that Maiden fans love the first two albums but there just isn't that much interest to see Di'Anno at all. He just never made enough of a name for himself after he left them for a lot of people to care. As much as I love Maiden if he came to my city I wouldn't even bother seeing him. I can hear all the Maiden tunes he's doing right now done better by Bruce on all the Maiden live stuff I have anyways.

Tags
paul di'anno