Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 02-16-2010, 06:01 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Just to add to the whole timeline of recording thing. Black Sabbath recorded their first album in 6 hours. In know it was 40 years ago and things were different then but it proves that it is possible to record a great album in a short period of time.

Another thing is some are acting like they know every move Maiden has been making in this whole recording process. They were probably recording for much longer than they actually reported they were doing. Thus, the reason some are thinking they've only been reording for two weeks. Maiden has been done touring for what, almost a year now? They've probably been in the studio a lot longer than the two weeks everyone is thinking.

Even if it did take only two weeks to record what's the big deal? Besides most of FOTD and some questionable material on NPFTD and Virtual XI has Maiden really ever given their fans a reason to doubt they don't know what they're doing?
I'm kind of getting tired of restating the same points over and over again. So, if you look back at everything I've said, you can more or less find rebuttals to most of what you said.

But in regards to what "we know", Maiden have always made their albums in a strictly linear process. After a huge given amount of time off, they group for a couple of weeks to write and rehearse, then go into the studio to record. They're not the kind of band who has people coming and going, recording an album piece by piece over the course of 6 months to a year. They've pretty much always been a band who believes in everyone being there, working together, hammering it out. It's just that all of the reunion albums have taken quite a good bit longer to do - so naturally there is a concern that they might not be taking time to ensure this is really gonna be the best record it can be.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:16 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
But in regards to what "we know", Maiden have always made their albums in a strictly linear process. After a huge given amount of time off, they group for a couple of weeks to write and rehearse, then go into the studio to record. They're not the kind of band who has people coming and going, recording an album piece by piece over the course of 6 months to a year. They've pretty much always been a band who believes in everyone being there, working together, hammering it out. It's just that all of the reunion albums have taken quite a good bit longer to do - so naturally there is a concern that they might not be taking time to ensure this is really gonna be the best record it can be.
I've just never paid attention to Maiden, or how any band for that matter, goes about their recording process. Honestly, how long a band takes isn't impotant at all to me as long as they come out with something good. Those who are conserned about the short recording shouldn't worry about it until we're able to hear the album. Then we can tell weather the fast recording hurt it or not.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:26 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Honestly, how long a band takes isn't impotant at all to me as long as they come out with something good. Those who are conserned about the short recording shouldn't worry about it until we're able to hear the album. Then we can tell weather the fast recording hurt it or not.
Basically, I agree. It's just that it is important to me when it's all I know. Once the album comes out, if I don't think it suffers as a result or is indifferent, fine - no harm, no foul. I'm not going to hold a grudge or anything. But when the only thing I know about my favorite band's new album is that it was recorded in half of the time as their last, which I felt seemed rushed - I am going to be concerned. And that's basically the end of the argument for me.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Well, even if the release date gets dragged out, I hope they throw us a bone in the form of a tracklisting/album cover by this summer. Maybe even a "this is what each song is about" interview like they've done for the last couple albums. That's the kind of pre-release info that gets me all excited.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:17 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

I don't see why the recording being done fast is a bad thing at all. I don't think that Maiden's performance's are going to suffer as a result of anything like that. The only thing I would be worried about rushing is the writing process and the mixing/mastering process, which need a lot more time spent on them, IMO.

Anyhow, a new Maiden album soon, is great.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:27 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

MAJOR update!!!

Iron Maiden today revealed that the new album will be a 3 disc set! However, they didn't actually go into the studio and record new material, but have instead taken songs from their entire discography and remixed them. Here is the official track listing:

Disc 1:
1. Relworp
2. Maiden of the Iron
3. Child Of The Wrath
4. The Rue Morgue Murders
5. Those Damn Children!
6. Thy Name Shall Be Hallowed
7. Fly Icarus Fly!
8. Super Trooper
9. Deuces Low
10. The Ancient Mariner Meets Mother Goose

Disc 2:
1. Years Of Drunkenness
2. Hell Can't Wait
3. Madness Is Playing With Me
4. 14th Father Of A 14th Father
5. Cigarette Of Faith
6. The Slaughter Has Your Daughter.
7. Run Or I Will Kill You
8. The Dark Is Scaring Me
9. Flying Around The Lord
10. The Edge Of Man

Disc 3:
1. The Future Is Real
2. Gambling With An Angel
3. Man Of Wicker
4. Brothers Who Slit Their Wrists
5. Those Dreams Are Making Me Go Wild!
6. Make Some Rain
7. The World Is Not The Same
8. So, Do These Colors Walk?

Bruce and Dave commented on the album.

Bruce: "What we basically did was just take the original songs and rearrange them, putting the middle parts at the beginning and so on. So they're going to be the same length, just in a different order. The only major remix will be The Angel And The Gambler. Also, after the album is done, we're going to do like Rush and tour without and opening act and perform all 3 discs of music. I'm really excited about this!"

Dave: "I'm so stoked about the new album and doing all of it on the tour! What I'm most excited about is playing the new 20 minute epic remix, Gambling With An Angel. In fact, that's one of the songs we're thinking of playing on the upcoming summer tour. I can't wait!"

Source: My silly mind.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

You have too much time on your hands.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 04-09-2010, 05:29 PM
things are more than just what you see

you had me going for about 25 seconds... some pretty creative song tiles though... I particularly liked, so do these colors walk?

9/21: Uproar Festival