Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Slayer -- New Orleans, LA -- April 26th, 2015
Europe -- Sault Sainte Marie, MI -- April 23rd, 2015
dUg Pinnick -- Shreveport, LA -- April 25th, 2015
Deceased -- Cudahy, WI -- April 25th, 2015
Nonpoint -- Jacksonville, FL -- April 24th, 2015


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 02-10-2010, 11:40 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,943
Blog Entries: 19
It will be the end of a horrible era of metalcore.

So I will throw a party.
__________________
2/19 - 1349
2/26 - Nappy Dappy
3/8 - Title Fight
3/17 - New Found Glory
4/7 - Weedeater
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-10-2010, 11:48 AM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
It will be the end of a horrible era of metalcore.

So I will throw a party.
I don't like Killswitch, but a few bands from the metalcore wave really stick with me. All That Remains, Shadows Fall, Unearth, God Forbid, As I Lay Dying. Not bad bands. Besides, I think we can all agree that deathcore sucks 100xs more than metalcore ever did.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-10-2010, 11:51 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,943
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
I don't like Killswitch, but a few bands from the metalcore wave really stick with me. All That Remains, Shadows Fall, Unearth, God Forbid, As I Lay Dying. Not bad bands. Besides, I think we can all agree that deathcore sucks 100xs more than metalcore ever did.
Troof, and for the record, I've seen all those bands live (except Shadows Fall) they really aren't nearly as bad as some of the other stuff in the metalcore genre.
__________________
2/19 - 1349
2/26 - Nappy Dappy
3/8 - Title Fight
3/17 - New Found Glory
4/7 - Weedeater
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-10-2010, 11:54 AM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is online now
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,665
I haven't heard one Deathcore band that I would take over the worst Metalcore band. To me, Deathcore takes the worst parts of Death Metal and adds break down to it.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-10-2010, 11:55 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,943
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I haven't heard one Deathcore band that I would take over the worst Metalcore band. To me, Deathcore takes the worst parts of Death Metal and adds break down to it.
we can at least agree on one thing, mah friend.
__________________
2/19 - 1349
2/26 - Nappy Dappy
3/8 - Title Fight
3/17 - New Found Glory
4/7 - Weedeater
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-10-2010, 12:02 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is online now
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
we can at least agree on one thing, mah friend.
Damn right man.

*To be fair, the last KSE album really did suck.*
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-10-2010, 12:50 PM
The_jman The_jman is offline
things are more than just what you see
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,057
wow that sucks about howard, hope he doesn't leave the band...
it would be interesting to see phil on stage with them, but can their stages hold 2 people running around like crazy people?

random question and don't think me ignorant for asking for I do like metalcore or some of it, but what exactly is a breakdown? I mean which parts of the songs is classified as a breakdown and what's so wrong with them?
__________________
so close, no matter how far.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-10-2010, 01:02 PM
mastodon421's Avatar
mastodon421 mastodon421 is offline
Not popular in Buffalo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swampscott,Massachusetts
Posts: 7,134
The rumor going around is that he has a back injury.
__________________
4/27 Bronsolino
5/17 MastoClutch
6/9 Lana Del Rey
6/10 Juicy J


http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-10-2010, 01:12 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,943
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_jman View Post
wow that sucks about howard, hope he doesn't leave the band...
it would be interesting to see phil on stage with them, but can their stages hold 2 people running around like crazy people?

random question and don't think me ignorant for asking for I do like metalcore or some of it, but what exactly is a breakdown? I mean which parts of the songs is classified as a breakdown and what's so wrong with them?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Break_(...Metal_and_punk
__________________
2/19 - 1349
2/26 - Nappy Dappy
3/8 - Title Fight
3/17 - New Found Glory
4/7 - Weedeater
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-10-2010, 01:45 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_jman View Post

random question and don't think me ignorant for asking for I do like metalcore or some of it, but what exactly is a breakdown? I mean which parts of the songs is classified as a breakdown and what's so wrong with them?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu4YCJq66fM

Haha...they all sound the same. How do you tell which is best?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:06 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008