Warped Tour -- Mansfield, MA -- July 10th, 2014
Metallica -- Warsaw, Poland -- July 11th, 2014
Snakecharmer -- London, England -- July 11th, 2014
Aerosmith -- Wantagh, NY -- July 10th, 2014
311 -- Lansing, MI -- July 9th, 2014

Old 02-02-2010, 02:54 AM
Headbanger

Meshuggah Live DVD

Just got the email that it mailed out today. I am officially chomping at the bit!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:38 AM
Banned Asshole

Old 02-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

I pre-ordered mine on Amazon...hope it ships early.

It's about got damn time this monolithic band put out some video evidence of their monstrosity (besides random shit like the bonus disc on "Nothing", which I have also ).
Old 02-03-2010, 04:33 AM
Headbanger

Yeah the setlist is EPIC! I was surprised it didn't have Suffer in Truth since that was one of the highlights of their last show for me but they play so many gems that I can't complain.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:28 AM

I picked this bad boy up for $12.99 at Hot Topic yesterday.

Just to be clear, I read about the sale online. I never go to Hot Topic (or the mall in general, for that matter), unless I am forced there for something like this.

Anyway, this fucking DVD rocks. Oh my fucking Satan, is Meshuggah a heavy, heavy fucking band live - and I am amazed at how well they can actually reproduce their incredibly complex songs on stage. I mean, we all know (or if you don't, you will now) that some of their stuff is written and laid down on album using a lot of technological tools to help with the insane level of accuracy and production that makes their albums so amazing, but even in the cases where they have to *learn* to play their own material live (for example, as was the case with Tomas and his drum parts in "Bleed"), they still pull off unbelievably amazing things live, that no other band can even approach.

I've been lucky enough to have seen them twice (once was on the tour which was depicted on this very DVD), and I will never miss an opportunity to see them again if I can help it. Meshuggah is one of the heaviest and best metal bands to ever walk the face of this Earth, in my not-so-humble opinion.

M E S H U G G A H = Any questions?
Old 02-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

One of the best of all time. I'd put them up there with the greats.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:05 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I picked this bad boy up for $12.99 at Hot Topic yesterday.

Just to be clear, I read about the sale online. I never go to Hot Topic (or the mall in general, for that matter), unless I am forced there for something like this.
Ditto. Same with the Divinations 12"
Old 02-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Headbanger

Yeah we have close to 40 inches of snow and haven't received mail since Saturday. I'm jonesin' like a fiend right now.

Last time I saw them I wasn't close enough to truly enjoy the musicianship. I'm certain I will now...
Old 02-11-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Yeah we have close to 40 inches of snow and haven't received mail since Saturday. I'm jonesin' like a fiend right now.

Last time I saw them I wasn't close enough to truly enjoy the musicianship. I'm certain I will now...
The DVD actually goes a long way toward what you were talking about (for example, there are tons of really awesome close-up shots of the guys playing). For those that haven't seen Meshuggah up close and personal, you get a really good sense of exactly how insane their music really is, and what exceptional musicians these guys are to be able to pull it off - and they make it look effortless to boot. Even Jens is incredible, considering he brings not only a huge chunk of the attitude and raw emotion to their overall sound, but the lyrics are so convoluted and nonsensical (they're really just like sci-fi mumbo jumbo, basically), it's not easy to remember them all and rattle them off like he does, but he never misses a beat. Plus, he follows the crazy staccato time signatures and wierd polyrhythms as much with his vocals as do the drums and / or guitars...it's just incomprehensible how these guys can nail down incredibly complex music such as this and never miss a beat. In the studio after multiple takes is one thing, but pulling it off live night after night, whether you're tired and feel like shit or whatever may be the case that day, is just amazing.

Oh, and there are some really cool vignettes between songs on this video, too. Meshuggah will rip off a song or two, and then before the next song starts, the camera will fade into a shot of one of the guys coming off the tour bus first thing in the morning, or warming up backstage before a show or whatever, and there'll be a guy there sticking a mic into somebody's face and asking them random questions like what's life on the road like, or what's it like being in a band with such talented musicians as Meshuggah, or how do they get their stage show to look like it does, or whatever. It really helps the fans to get inside the heads of the band members, even if just a little bit. Plus, the whole thing is shot more like a movie than a home video, so the sound and video editing and stuff is really superb. They use split-screen shots and other cool stuff to really show you some very cool visuals - it takes you inside the world of Meshuggah that much more.

Simply put, it's one of the best music DVD's I own, regardless of the fact that it features one of my favorite metal bands of all time. It's just very well-done all around. It is totally worth buying, if there is anyone out there reading this who is on the fence. Just get it - you won't be disappointed.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:22 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
The DVD actually goes a long way toward what you were talking about (for example, there are tons of really awesome close-up shots of the guys playing). For those that haven't seen Meshuggah up close and personal, you get a really good sense of exactly how insane their music really is, and what exceptional musicians these guys are to be able to pull it off - and they make it look effortless to boot. Even Jens is incredible, considering he brings not only a huge chunk of the attitude and raw emotion to their overall sound, but the lyrics are so convoluted and nonsensical (they're really just like sci-fi mumbo jumbo, basically), it's not easy to remember them all and rattle them off like he does, but he never misses a beat. Plus, he follows the crazy staccato time signatures and wierd polyrhythms as much with his vocals as do the drums and / or guitars...it's just incomprehensible how these guys can nail down incredibly complex music such as this and never miss a beat. In the studio after multiple takes is one thing, but pulling it off live night after night, whether you're tired and feel like shit or whatever may be the case that day, is just amazing.

Oh, and there are some really cool vignettes between songs on this video, too. Meshuggah will rip off a song or two, and then before the next song starts, the camera will fade into a shot of one of the guys coming off the tour bus first thing in the morning, or warming up backstage before a show or whatever, and there'll be a guy there sticking a mic into somebody's face and asking them random questions like what's life on the road like, or what's it like being in a band with such talented musicians as Meshuggah, or how do they get their stage show to look like it does, or whatever. It really helps the fans to get inside the heads of the band members, even if just a little bit. Plus, the whole thing is shot more like a movie than a home video, so the sound and video editing and stuff is really superb. They use split-screen shots and other cool stuff to really show you some very cool visuals - it takes you inside the world of Meshuggah that much more.

Simply put, it's one of the best music DVD's I own, regardless of the fact that it features one of my favorite metal bands of all time. It's just very well-done all around. It is totally worth buying, if there is anyone out there reading this who is on the fence. Just get it - you won't be disappointed.
Yup