Grindcore Fest -- Los Angeles, CA -- July 12th, 2014
Midnight -- Toronto, Ontario -- July 12th, 2014
Satanic Warmaster -- Mexico City, Mexico -- July 5th, 2014
Dying Fetus -- Merriam, KS -- July 12th, 2014
Phobia -- Tempe, AZ -- July 11th, 2014

Old 10-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Dharma Wants You

Mandragora debut EP online now!

Mandragora is my new epic melodic death metal band, and we have posted our debut EP recorded at the RedRoom Studios with renowned producer Mark Prator on our myspace. It hasn't been revealed to the public yet, but I figured I'd give all you on here an exclusive first look.

The myspace is still in the pretty rough stages, I just started working on it today so bear with us, but the music is really what it's about anyway. I hope you guys enjoy it and be sure to add us and let me know what you think!

www.myspace.com/mandragorametal

Old 10-14-2009, 10:38 AM
We're dying on the inside

I really dig it, dude. Send this shit to labels. Now.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:39 AM
In Search of Truth

Alright, just got done listening to everything, I figured I'd give you my analysis.

As I expected, the guitar work is pretty fantastic, and the writing is really good. It's not really surprising since you've sent me a lot of the stuff in MIDI form as you've been working on it. A lot of the solos are pretty awesome, and the overall sound of everything sounds pretty good. I like the fact that you can actually hear the bass.
Naturally I'm not digging the vocals, and as I expected I think it sounds kind of odd juxtaposed against some of the music. But that's all my opinion.
A few sound qualms may just be due to my shitty computer speakers, so if any of this sounds totally out there, disregard it. I think the vocals have a tendency to really drown out the music in the background. When there's vocals, you can't really hear anything that's going on, and then when they go away it's like "Oh, there's the rest of the band". Also, I think the omnipresent keyboard chords and such have a habit of burying the rhythm guitars.
Overall, pretty fucking epic though. Even though it's not my thing I think it turned out pretty damn good. The lead guitar sound is pretty sexy.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:20 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

I, Of the Storm
Old 10-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Dharma Wants You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Alright, just got done listening to everything, I figured I'd give you my analysis.

As I expected, the guitar work is pretty fantastic, and the writing is really good. It's not really surprising since you've sent me a lot of the stuff in MIDI form as you've been working on it. A lot of the solos are pretty awesome, and the overall sound of everything sounds pretty good. I like the fact that you can actually hear the bass.
Naturally I'm not digging the vocals, and as I expected I think it sounds kind of odd juxtaposed against some of the music. But that's all my opinion.
A few sound qualms may just be due to my shitty computer speakers, so if any of this sounds totally out there, disregard it. I think the vocals have a tendency to really drown out the music in the background. When there's vocals, you can't really hear anything that's going on, and then when they go away it's like "Oh, there's the rest of the band". Also, I think the omnipresent keyboard chords and such have a habit of burying the rhythm guitars.
Overall, pretty fucking epic though. Even though it's not my thing I think it turned out pretty damn good. The lead guitar sound is pretty sexy.
Thanks for the compliments, and advice man. We're probably gonna go back in the studio to just kind of touch it up and possibly add an epic intro to I, Of The Storm, and I'll definitely keep in mind the things you said.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Dharma Wants You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
I, Of the Storm
Old 12-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Banned Asshole

Really awesome music on your myspace!
Old 12-27-2009, 06:01 AM
D.B.B.

Just heard the first song. listening to the second now. I, of the Storm is very, very good. It made me instantly start nodding to the beat ha

P.S. what is up with the bitch on your comments saying that your band is not gonna get signed??? You should kill her
Old 12-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Dharma Wants You

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Just heard the first song. listening to the second now. I, of the Storm is very, very good. It made me instantly start nodding to the beat ha

P.S. what is up with the bitch on your comments saying that your band is not gonna get signed??? You should kill her
Glad you like it man! And I think that girl is saying 'you're definitely not SINGING" as a reference to the fact that most people who see me find it hard to believe I can scream like I do, haha.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:01 AM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral_Slave View Post
Glad you like it man! And I think that girl is saying 'you're definitely not SINGING" as a reference to the fact that most people who see me find it hard to believe I can scream like I do, haha.
oh ok ahahahaha i was pulling an all nighter so i must have miss read hahahaha