Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Grindcore Fest -- Los Angeles, CA -- July 12th, 2014
Midnight -- Toronto, Ontario -- July 12th, 2014
Satanic Warmaster -- Mexico City, Mexico -- July 5th, 2014
Dying Fetus -- Merriam, KS -- July 12th, 2014
Phobia -- Tempe, AZ -- July 11th, 2014

  #1  
Old 10-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Spiral_Slave's Avatar
Spiral_Slave Spiral_Slave is offline
Dharma Wants You
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,241
Mandragora debut EP online now!

Mandragora is my new epic melodic death metal band, and we have posted our debut EP recorded at the RedRoom Studios with renowned producer Mark Prator on our myspace. It hasn't been revealed to the public yet, but I figured I'd give all you on here an exclusive first look.

The myspace is still in the pretty rough stages, I just started working on it today so bear with us, but the music is really what it's about anyway. I hope you guys enjoy it and be sure to add us and let me know what you think!

www.myspace.com/mandragorametal

__________________
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-14-2009, 10:38 AM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
I really dig it, dude. Send this shit to labels. Now.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,916
Alright, just got done listening to everything, I figured I'd give you my analysis.

As I expected, the guitar work is pretty fantastic, and the writing is really good. It's not really surprising since you've sent me a lot of the stuff in MIDI form as you've been working on it. A lot of the solos are pretty awesome, and the overall sound of everything sounds pretty good. I like the fact that you can actually hear the bass.
Naturally I'm not digging the vocals, and as I expected I think it sounds kind of odd juxtaposed against some of the music. But that's all my opinion.
A few sound qualms may just be due to my shitty computer speakers, so if any of this sounds totally out there, disregard it. I think the vocals have a tendency to really drown out the music in the background. When there's vocals, you can't really hear anything that's going on, and then when they go away it's like "Oh, there's the rest of the band". Also, I think the omnipresent keyboard chords and such have a habit of burying the rhythm guitars.
Overall, pretty fucking epic though. Even though it's not my thing I think it turned out pretty damn good. The lead guitar sound is pretty sexy.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-14-2009, 12:20 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Everywhere Else
Posts: 22,954
I, Of the Storm
__________________
Feel It
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Spiral_Slave's Avatar
Spiral_Slave Spiral_Slave is offline
Dharma Wants You
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Alright, just got done listening to everything, I figured I'd give you my analysis.

As I expected, the guitar work is pretty fantastic, and the writing is really good. It's not really surprising since you've sent me a lot of the stuff in MIDI form as you've been working on it. A lot of the solos are pretty awesome, and the overall sound of everything sounds pretty good. I like the fact that you can actually hear the bass.
Naturally I'm not digging the vocals, and as I expected I think it sounds kind of odd juxtaposed against some of the music. But that's all my opinion.
A few sound qualms may just be due to my shitty computer speakers, so if any of this sounds totally out there, disregard it. I think the vocals have a tendency to really drown out the music in the background. When there's vocals, you can't really hear anything that's going on, and then when they go away it's like "Oh, there's the rest of the band". Also, I think the omnipresent keyboard chords and such have a habit of burying the rhythm guitars.
Overall, pretty fucking epic though. Even though it's not my thing I think it turned out pretty damn good. The lead guitar sound is pretty sexy.
Thanks for the compliments, and advice man. We're probably gonna go back in the studio to just kind of touch it up and possibly add an epic intro to I, Of The Storm, and I'll definitely keep in mind the things you said.
__________________
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Spiral_Slave's Avatar
Spiral_Slave Spiral_Slave is offline
Dharma Wants You
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
I, Of the Storm
__________________
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-21-2009, 03:44 PM
b_halperin b_halperin is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,513
Really awesome music on your myspace!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-27-2009, 06:01 AM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is online now
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,725
Just heard the first song. listening to the second now. I, of the Storm is very, very good. It made me instantly start nodding to the beat ha

P.S. what is up with the bitch on your comments saying that your band is not gonna get signed??? You should kill her
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Spiral_Slave's Avatar
Spiral_Slave Spiral_Slave is offline
Dharma Wants You
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Just heard the first song. listening to the second now. I, of the Storm is very, very good. It made me instantly start nodding to the beat ha

P.S. what is up with the bitch on your comments saying that your band is not gonna get signed??? You should kill her
Glad you like it man! And I think that girl is saying 'you're definitely not SINGING" as a reference to the fact that most people who see me find it hard to believe I can scream like I do, haha.
__________________
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-27-2009, 10:01 AM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is online now
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral_Slave View Post
Glad you like it man! And I think that girl is saying 'you're definitely not SINGING" as a reference to the fact that most people who see me find it hard to believe I can scream like I do, haha.
oh ok ahahahaha i was pulling an all nighter so i must have miss read hahahaha
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:07 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008