Warrior -- San Marcos, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Impaled -- Oakland, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014

Old 02-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Bruised, hoarse, tired, sweaty, pained, and I had way more fun than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post

This surfaced on the Web, but it's slightly different than the handbill. The advantage of this, however, is that the handbill doesn't have set lengths, only anticipated start times. Let me know if you want to know any of the info off of there though.
Thanks... I totally didn't notice that mankiller posted this yesterday .

What's different? Just the times?

And I could kill that 3IOB and Accrassicauida are at the exact same time. In fact, looking at the setup, this is going to be a big debate between seeing bands that I know I love and will probably see again vs bands that I might not usually get a chance to check out.

Last edited by Chyck; 02-21-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyck View Post
Thanks... I totally didn't notice that mankiller posted this yesterday .

And I could kill that 3IOB and Accrassicauida are at the exact same time. In fact, looking at the setup, this is going to be a big debate between seeing bands that I know I love and will probably see again vs bands that I might not usually get a chance to check out.
This. Only I don't care about the 3IOB / Acrassicauda conflict. I have other fish to fry - namely, Ludicra and Voivod. What the fuck is up with that shit? Also, I'm not too happy about the Shrinebuilder / Cannibal Corpse conflict either.

Holy schedule conflicts, Batman. This is going to suck.

I'll get back to y'all with some thoughts on what I might wanna do with regards to this fucked up schedule.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 02-21-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
This. Only I don't care about the 3IOB / Acrassicauda conflict. I have other fish to fry - namely, Ludicra and Voivod. What the fuck is up with that shit? Also, I'm not too happy about the Shrinebuilder / Cannibal Corpse conflict either.
Go see Voivod at that 3/10 show if you're able. Crisis avoided. That being said, I'm seeing them 3/5 and may do it again for Scion

As for the other? I remember you saying you haven't seen CC. My personal opinion is that everyone needs to see them live some time. Not sure if they're coming your way during their April/May tour to avoid that crisis...

The next time I'll be able to see 3IOB is during Mayhem Fest ... and Acrassicauda? Probably never
Old 02-21-2010, 05:51 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:

Yeah, but only slightly and only for some of them.

And I think I'm going to come to a conclusion about who to see by the end of the night. Hint: Cannibal Corpse are headlining with 1349 and Skeletontits a month later, so I might get to see a shrine be built.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:15 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Go see Voivod at that 3/10 show if you're able. Crisis avoided. That being said, I'm seeing them 3/5 and may do it again for Scion
That's the plan, but I'm married with children and have to plan my extracurriculars very carefully. Scion may have superseded that show, which has been in my sig since a while ago (before Scion was announced). Hopefully, I'll get do go to both.

Quote:
As for the other? I remember you saying you haven't seen CC. My personal opinion is that everyone needs to see them live some time. Not sure if they're coming your way during their April/May tour to avoid that crisis...
The CC tour isn't coming near me. I pretty much agree with you, but I'm concerned that a project such as Shrinebuilder might not stay together all that long. Those guys all have other gigs, and it's just my luck that not jumping on a chance to see groups like this will result in my never getting to see them at all (Old Man Gloom).

Quote:
The next time I'll be able to see 3IOB is during Mayhem Fest ... and Acrassicauda? Probably never
Yeah, I think my vote is for Acrassicauda as well.

---

Right now, it looks like I might want to do:

5:00 - 5:40 Landmine Marathon @ Newport
6:00 - 6:40 Struck by Lightning @ Skully's (pissed I have to miss Lightning Swords of Death, but they are coming to Cleveland on 4/6, so...)
7:00 - 7:40 Acrassicauda @ Skully's
8:20 - 9:00 Trap Them @ Circus (because I've seen Pelican three times in the last two years or so)
9:00 - 9:40 Voivod @ Newport (might change my mind and see Ludicra, though - if I can see Voivod in Cleveland on 3/10)
10:00 - 11:00 Cannibal Corpse @ Newport
Old 02-21-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:

6:00 - 6:40 Struck by Lightning @ Skully's (pissed I have to miss Lightning Swords of Death, but they are coming to Cleveland on 4/6, so...)
8:20 - 9:00 Trap Them @ Circus (because I've seen Pelican three times in the last two years or so)
9:00 - 9:40 Voivod @ Newport (might change my mind and see Ludicra, though - if I can see Voivod in Cleveland on 3/10)
I'm with you for the first two, and I'm pretty sure Cameron is too. We can all walk from Newport to Skully's together.

EDIT: I'm kind of thinking after Landmine Marathon I'm just gonna motor it to Skully's and stay there the rest of the night. Acrassicauda, like it's been mentioned, may never be in Columbus again and I've seen 3IOB twice, Pelican are badass live and I don't listen to D.R.I., YOB are cool enough and I don't know my shit on Voivod to justify walking back, and I'm going to see Cannibal Corpse in April so Shrinebuilder are a better call there too. Damn. Skully's wins.

Last edited by DethMaiden; 02-21-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:

Don't forget that Newport is on 13th and Skully's is on 4th. Unless you're 7' tall, you may have to haul ass to get to everything. I'm hoping to find the yellow brick road through this thing that won't have me missing half of my intended band's sets and trying to see from the back.

On that note, who's got venue details? Are they all bar setups or do some of the places have higher "stadium" spots to watch from?
Old 02-21-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Don't forget that Newport is on 13th and Skully's is on 4th. Unless you're 7' tall, you may have to haul ass to get to everything. I'm hoping to find the yellow brick road through this thing that won't have me missing half of my intended band's sets and trying to see from the back.

On that note, who's got venue details? Are they all bar setups or do some of the places have higher "stadium" spots to watch from?
Having personally been to Newport and the Circus, I can say that Newport is your standard rock club with a high stage, a metal railing, and a thousand person floor and balcony, and the Circus is a bar with a capacity around 100 and a low, karaoke-style stage.

Cameron's been to Skully's, so ask him about that.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
You seen them before? They were ace when I saw them in October.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:

The #2 COTA bus runs up and down High Street, so a few bucks would go a long way. (I ride for free. )

Skully's is a bar with a big open space, 200 capacity maybe, with a slightly raised stage, no rail.