Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Dillinger Escape Plan -- Brooklyn, NY -- July 31st, 2014
Cannibal Corpse -- South Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014

Old 09-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

Roy Khan is seriously ill, and has to sit out the North American tour. Michael Eriksen from Circus Maximus will be doing vocals for Kamelot on the tour instead, as they don't want to cancel.

http://www.kamelot.com/site/news/kam...o-on/#more-375

I'm glad they're still going on with the tour even though Roy's ill, and atleast they picked a great vocalist for the tour replacement. Really wish that I'd be seeing them with Roy, but I'll still almost definitely be going to the Worcester date.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:31 PM
I know the songs you're singing saying nothing loud and clear I've heard that song a thousand times

This is disappointing, however, I hope Khan gets well and comes back soon.
7/24 - NIN/Soundgarden
8/28 - Linkin Park
Old 09-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Unhealer

I'm gonna reiterate what I said on Facebook: I'm not worried about how he'll be received at ProgPower, but I am worried about how he'll go down at the other Kamelot gigs - there's already a lot of hate going on because, well, he isn't Khan. I will definitely still be there, though.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:10 AM
Dharma Wants You

FUCK! That blows. Eh, already seen em 3 times but I was really looking forward to the ProgPower show.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:01 AM
In Search of Truth

Michael Eriksen is a better singer than Khan. (Hides)
Old 09-04-2010, 04:50 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
i have to disagree, i love Khan and i think he is an amazing vocalist. i would be pretty disappointed if i was going to this tour. for me i wouldnt listen to Kamelot hardly at all if it wasnt for him
Old 09-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Unhealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post

Actually, as fangirlish as I am? This dude is an awesome replacement because he has the range that Khan doesn't really have anymore. In fact, I thought "Oh, maybe this means that they can play some of their older stuff. :o" and guess what? They just updated their MySpace, saying that they're rehearsing Nights of Arabia.

Yeah, I was really disappointed at first, but right now I'm more pissed at the circumstances and the fact that other fans are actually screaming at them to cancel/postpone when this happened five days before the tour and they've invested so much money in this. Jesus Christ, Khan hand-picked Eriksen himself, I doubt he'd do that if he thought he wouldn't do a good job.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:55 PM
In Search of Truth

Eriksen's involvement is actually the only reason I'm now actually considering going to this. I love the guy's vocals, and it would just be a cool thing to witness I think.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

The vocals are the main reason I don't listen to Circus Maximus. I will probably skip this show now.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

Hi Kamelot Nation.

As many of you know, Roy has fallen ill and could not make the North American tour.

We have been rehearsing like madmen here in Tampa -- the band is tighter than ever and Michael from Circus Maximus is truly an amazing singer; if there is one male vocalist in this world who is on par with Roy, it is Michael! However, after today's rehearsal, we all decided that we do not feel right about doing the North American tour as anything less than a 100% Kamelot Experience. We appreciate that many fans have waited more than 2 years for new material and to see us perform together. Our new album, “Poetry for the Poisoned” represents a labor of love from us, and to present it at anything less than full strength seems a disservice to all involved. Though we will suffer financial losses on this late hour cancellation, we still feel it’s the right decision for us as a band to make – we regret disappointing all those who worked so hard to shape this tour, and especially those fans who were still so willing to come through and support us despite Roy’s absence. We are humbled by that type of support, and we sincerely hope that our return in full form Kamelot strength will be more reward for your unwavering loyalty! We will reschedule all shows in the near future, once Roy is able to return. Refunds can be obtained at the point of purchase. To thank Michael for his effort, the band will still appear at the soldout Progpower Festival, as a one off show with him and many special guest singers from the festival. Again, we want to thank all of you for your amazing support!!

Best regards, Kamelot Members.

Damn it. I was actually really looking forward to seeing them with Michael, or just seeing Kamelot in general. Hope they can come back soon, though.