Metallica -- Warsaw, Poland -- July 11th, 2014
Snakecharmer -- London, England -- July 11th, 2014
Aerosmith -- Wantagh, NY -- July 10th, 2014
311 -- Lansing, MI -- July 9th, 2014

Old 01-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I mean this in the nicest way possible...

Screw Heaven and Hell.

I saw them, they put out a record (that many, including myself were phenomenally disappointed with). They've toured quite a bit in the last 3 years. If Dio does continue his career in some capacity, I want a solo farewell tour - nothing more. A record prior would be nice, but not mandatory. I just wanna see his solo shit live. That's all I ask.
I liked TDYK but you're right that they have toured a lot over the last few years. Dio was planning on doing some solo dates in Europe before he had to cancel them due to the cancer. He was also planning on releasing Magica 2 & 3 so there are deffinately plans for him to go solo again if he pulls through this.

Playing shows with HNH is a better choice for him right now. I say that because playing solo he would have to be the whole show. Who knows after this if he'll have the energy for that right away. With HNH he doesn't have to do that because Tony, Geezer and Vinnie can help pick up the slack if Dio isn't feeling to well that particular day. Doing some gigs with HNH is better for him because it'll help him get back into "touring shape" and when he feels well enough he can go out solo again.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 01-14-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Regretting my username

Maybe they could change the Heaven and Hell setlist? I mean, they only have 4 albums to choose from. Everyone loves that stuff, but they could stand to throw a few Dio solo stuff and Ozzy-era Sabbath in there, make the whole crowd happy.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:24 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Maybe they could change the Heaven and Hell setlist? I mean, they only have 4 albums to choose from. Everyone loves that stuff, but they could stand to throw a few Dio solo stuff and Ozzy-era Sabbath in there, make the whole crowd happy.
I don't know, I don't think that's the answer. Because the people that really want Ozzy material will still want Ozzy himself and more Ozzy material, and the people that want Dio's solo stuff will still want more than just a song or two. Frankly I think it would be wrong to ask Tony and Geezer to learn Dio solo tunes. Especially Tony. I mean the man has made a shit-ton of albums himself, enough great material to fill multiple totally different sets, it'd be silly to ask him to basically do covers. It's basically compromising the big picture in order to really not satisfy anyone.

I sincerely hope, as has been mentioned, these couple of H&H shows are merely a stepping stone to Dio getting up to snuff again, to hopefully give us one more solo tour. The thought of him finally retiring without me having EVER seen him solo breaks my heart.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

If Dio is up to it, I don't see him retiring without him doing a Dio solo tour.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

I'd love to see Dio solo, but I adore H&H also. As long as I get to see Dio perform I'm happy, no matter what band it is.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 01-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
I'd love to see Dio solo, but I adore H&H also. As long as I get to see Dio perform I'm happy, no matter what band it is.
I feel the same way. Just to be in his presence as he performs would be enough for me.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:22 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Dio won't retire completely until he's finished Magica.

Since I've seen Dio solo four times and H&H three times, I don't actually care in which capacity I see him again for now. Until he finishes Magica. Then I want a full Magica tour and fuck all you Greatest Hits lovers.

11/7 Snakecharmer
20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
Old 01-15-2010, 08:22 AM
Play it loud, don't play it low

I saw Dio preform the whole Magica album in concert. It was a beating.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Regretting my username

I've never seen him do solo. I would kill for that experience.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Concert Veteran

I've seen him twice solo. Back in '96 and '97. He put on excellent shows both times. For the concert in '97 he had a meet and greet in a local record store that afternoon. I got to meet him shake his hand and got himto autograph my Last In Line CD! That's my most prized possession on my colloection.

When I meet him it was only just a few monents all we did was exchange plesantries and he signed my CD. Just from those few minutes though you could tell how friendly of a guy he is. He was talking with all the fans like he knew you and he was just catching up with old friends. You didn't get the feeling at all that the people there were strangers to Ronnie in anyway.

The concert that night was amazing he played a small club and there were only about 4 or 5 hundered people there. Ronnie performed like he was playing in front of a huge festival crowd though. I can't remeber the exact set but he played for about and hour and 45 mins and he did a good mix of solo, Sabbath and Rainbow material. Just a totally awesome day that was for me and my brother who went with me to the meet and greet and the show.