Mastodon -- Kansas City, MO -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Milwaukee, WI -- October 20th, 2014
Fit For A King -- Detroit, MI -- October 21st, 2014
Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014

Old 01-13-2010, 05:15 PM
That Guy

Dio Update

*Taken from Dio's Myspace*

After a few hiccups between Christmas and New Year’s, such as a blood clot, a trip to the emergency room, and a three day stay at the hospital, we had a quiet holiday spent with family and close friends. Ronnie and I just returned from Houston, where Ronnie had his third chemo treatment, and all seems to be going well. Ronnie and Simon Wright went to see Avatar, which he thought was amazing! He has also been writing more chapters for his book.

While at M.D. Anderson Cancer Centre on his second trip, he met a DIO fan named Carmen who has been having treatment every other day for a year, and is eagerly awaiting a bone marrow transplant. Ronnie and Carmen have become fast friends. Carmen is a very positive happy person whose existence, like Ronnie’s, depends heavily on music and sports. On the third trip, we also met his mom and sister, whose total support is so important to all cancer patients. They have become part of our family as well.

The support we get from all of our friends and fans is such a blessing to Ronnie and I.
Ronnie, Geezer, Tony and Vinny will be doing some interviews in the upcoming weeks to be included in the new 30th anniversary Heaven and Hell DVD due out sometime this year.

We would like to thank Simon Wright, who has been such a help with everything and a good, good friend, of course our doctor at MD Anderson, Dr. Ajani, and especially our family doctor, Dr. Sandeep Kapoor, without whose quick diagnosis and help with all the nurses and hospitals, we would be lost. His care and compassion is unwavering.

Thanks again to all of Ronnie’s friends and fans, and --- by the way ---- Ronnie has not lost any hair yet!

------ Wendy Dio

It's great to hear Dio is still pulling though. I know he will kick cancer's ass!
Old 01-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Thanks again to all of Ronnie’s friends and fans, and --- by the way ---- Ronnie has not lost any hair yet!
10/27 - DJ Qbert
10/29 - Real Friends
Old 01-13-2010, 05:32 PM
Concert Veteran

It's great to know everything is going well so far. Dio still has a very long road ahead of him and it won't be easy. After the treatments he's gonna need time to get back to normal and into touring shape. Given his age I think he should just do a farewell tour and then retire once he's better. He deserves a retirement and he doesn't owe anyone anything else in the metal world. He's done more for it than anyone could've asked of him
Old 01-14-2010, 12:37 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Ronnie's hair is blatantly indestructible.

29/10 Saint Vitus
10/11 Trouble
13/11 Judas Priest
Old 01-14-2010, 06:43 AM
Regretting my username

Ronnie James Dio is a god on earth. I didn't know he was writing a back. Where can I pre-order?
Old 01-14-2010, 07:12 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

He's been doing an auto-biog for a couple of years.

29/10 Saint Vitus
10/11 Trouble
13/11 Judas Priest
Old 01-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Concert Veteran

The Dio auto-biography will no doubt be one of the best reads off all time. I wonder if he'll include the stuff he's going through with cancer or not? I'm deffinately looking forward to it's release whenever that happens to be.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:58 PM
sheds on white

My cousin told me they have dates that they're gonna be scheduling for this year in support of the DVD so it seems like Dio's gonna beat this thing
Old 01-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidis138 View Post
My cousin told me they have dates that they're gonna be scheduling for this year in support of the DVD so it seems like Dio's gonna beat this thing
Yeah, they've had the dates up for about a month or so on Black-Sabbath.com. Heaven & Hell is schedueled to play Sonisphere and some other festivals in Europe this summer. It is a good sign no doubt, but no one should take it to mean that Dio is gonna beat this by then. There's still a long way to go before that happens.

Over on the Sabbath boards many believe that these dates are being booked just to give Dio a time frame to get better by. It doesn't necessarily mean he will be better by then. They don't have top billing at any of the shows so if they have to pull out it won't hurt the festivals too badly. This is also a good sign for the future of H&H too. By booking these dates they're telling the fans they do wanna continue making music and touring together
Old 01-14-2010, 05:39 PM
In Search of Truth

I mean this in the nicest way possible...

Screw Heaven and Hell.

I saw them, they put out a record (that many, including myself were phenomenally disappointed with). They've toured quite a bit in the last 3 years. If Dio does continue his career in some capacity, I want a solo farewell tour - nothing more. A record prior would be nice, but not mandatory. I just wanna see his solo shit live. That's all I ask.