Nine Inch Nails -- Tinley Park, IL-- July 24th, 2014
Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-12-2009, 07:44 PM
N00B

Marilyn Manson -- Edmonton, Alberta -- September 11th, 2009

I had been waiting 11 years to finally see Manson in concert. The last time he played Edmonton was in 1997. This show was sold out and the line up looked around 4 blocks at least. Took around an hour and a bit so finally get in but I made it.
Shirts were all about 35$ and a hoodie at 80$ and some Die Mannequin shirts who I assumed were the opening band but only Manson ended up playing.

After all this hype of being sold out and only him playing I was assuming it would be like a 2 and a half hour show but only to my suprise he played one hour. One fucking hour, A sold out arena and he gave us that.
Here is the setlist to my knowledge

Were From America
Disposeable Teens
Pretty As A Swastika
Little Horn
Irresponsible Hate Anthem
Four Rusted Horses
The Dope Show
Leave A Scar
Sweet Dreams
WoW
Rock Is Dead
The Beautiful People

And there is 2 songs missing that I didnt recognize, but needless to say there was so many great songs missing from this show, I mean they didnt even play antichrist superstar >.<
Instantly after Beautiful People ended, The lights came back on and he had vanished. Couldnt even stick around to say bye or anything. Poor showmanship in my opinion.
I certainly left dissapointed but I'm sure I would end up going to see him again.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

I'm definitely not a fan of Manson, but he needs to retire.
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Old 09-12-2009, 11:43 PM
N00B

It's reports like this that makes me not want to see him. He played a very small venue near me 2 weeks ago but at $50 a ticket and that kind of show, I didn't attend.

It's not so much if you like or dislike the past 2 or 3 albums. The problem with MM in this day in age is he simply isn't 'shocking'. We live in a world now that songs about murder, revolt, S&M romance, or whatever is so common place that we've been desensitized by it. If 6-8 years ago he put out the song 'Pretty as a Swastika' everyone god-fearing christian and soccer mom would be picketing in the streets. Now, the reaction is a simple "yeah....so what.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:04 AM
N00B

I'm going to the show in Toronto on the 17th, and if it wasn't for getting free tickets thanks to my sister's boyfriend paying for them, I wouldn't be going. I saw him in 2007 on the Slayer tour, and he was dissapointing then. His new album completely blows, and I keep hearing about how he doesn't try on stage, how his Download and other european festival performances are always the low points of the festivals.

It's a shame that the only time I saw him in his glory days (Ozzfest 2001), I was 12 or 13 and wasn't really familiar with his material that well and only went by what the parents and media would say about him. Frankly, he was magnificent that day.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:12 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666ways2love View Post
It's reports like this that makes me not want to see him. He played a very small venue near me 2 weeks ago but at $50 a ticket and that kind of show, I didn't attend.

It's not so much if you like or dislike the past 2 or 3 albums. The problem with MM in this day in age is he simply isn't 'shocking'. We live in a world now that songs about murder, revolt, S&M romance, or whatever is so common place that we've been desensitized by it. If 6-8 years ago he put out the song 'Pretty as a Swastika' everyone god-fearing christian and soccer mom would be picketing in the streets. Now, the reaction is a simple "yeah....so what.
You may be right for the most part, but even when you look past the controversy, shock value, and media attention pointed towards Manson, there is still one glaring fact: His music and performance value have simply gone down. I know every great band/artist deteriorates, but his is going to the point of Ozzy status where everyone, fans included, just want him to retire. The guy's not even 40 years old yet and he looks so non-chalant up on stage. Not even just him, but his band members look so bored and uninterested on stage too. What the fuck happened to everyone feeling re-energized with Twiggy Ramirez's comeback to the band?

Going back to the music, even with controversy gone and no one caring, the quality of the music from his glory days is still there. Sure a song with the subject matter of "Don't like the Drugs (but the drugs like me)" isn't as shocking as in 1998, but it's still an awesome song. In 2009 I can still put in Mechanical Animals or Holy Wood and listen to the albums and enjoy them because their great albums. Not even because of Nostalgia factors since I didn't hear those albums in full until about a couple of years ago. Hell, Even Golden age of grotesque and eat me, Drink me are levels better than The High end of low.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:38 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Yep unfortunately I will agree w/ those statements. In this day and age it's damn near impossible to shock anyone anymore. Not being old enough I can't say this for sure but isn't that more or less how Alice Cooper wasn't quite as big as he was in the mid-late 70's/early 80's? To me it doesn't seem like a genre that has as long of a shelf life as other's that rely a little less on imagery. I'm still a fan but it makes it tough when I hear reviews like this....
Old 12-28-2009, 07:47 PM
N00B

I caught the show in Missoula, MT a week before this one, and was not disappointed. The reason for this? It was my first time seeing him. I've been a hardcore fan since I was 10 (literally), have bought every album at least three times each, and the kicker is, I live in Montana. It's hard to get anywhere with work and everything else going on. When I heard that Manson was coming to Missoula, I had my ticket quickly. Plus, I really liked the new album. It's definitely a step up from Eat Me, Drink Me, which severely disappointed me when it came out. I was relieved when he played nothing from that album, but also was a little bummed out when nothing was played from Portrait, or Golden Age of Grotesque. So in the end, the only thing I could do was take the good with the bad and have a great time. I really hope I get to see him again.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:21 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by wurdulak34 View Post
have bought every album at least three times each
why..?
Old 12-29-2009, 01:46 AM
sheds on white

At mayhem 09 he really wasn't even tryin to put on some kinda show or be a frontman. Just like a "get offstage" attitude It was a bummer cos he does have some good songs.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:02 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_halperin View Post
why..?
Due to many people I've known throughout the years stealing all my albums...

Tags
marilyn manson