Saint Vitus -- London, England -- October 29th, 2014
King Diamond -- Seattle, WA -- October 28th, 2014
King Diamond -- Salt Lake City, UT -- October 26th, 2014
Raven -- San Francisco, CA -- October 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 01-10-2010, 12:13 PM
triturabis primatum

Behemoth -- Springfield, VA -- January 8th, 2010

So I arrived at Jaxx at 3pm just to make sure I was front and center for the show. Almost 4 hours of waiting the freezing weather was totally worth it for this show.

There were 3 local openers, including one of the best of the NoVA local metal scene, Apothys, who always impress at shows.

Lightning Swords of Death was impressive, though I wish that the guitar was more prominent in their mixing, the bass was overpowering, but there was a killer bass solo in one of the songs.

Septic Flesh took forever to set up, and I didn't enjoy them as much as I thought I would. I love their album Communion, and all but one of their songs was from it. What bugged me was that the singer didn't do the clean vocals live, and some of the guitar parts were pre-recorded, as well as obvious drum triggers. Still a good show though.

Then there was the mighty Behemoth. This was my 2nd time seeing them, and the first time as a proper headlining show (MayhemFest didn't do them justice). They played flawlessly, Inferno did all of his drumming live (no triggers) and did a minute long drum solo. The only thing I would have liked to see was their song From the Pagan Vastlands, which they've stopped playing for some reason. Also, their finale song didn't really work for me, and eight minute doom track didn't sit well after the onslaught of death metal I witnessed. Incredible show however, can't wait to see them again.

Apothys (local):

Venomcrest
Cacophony Rising
Hades Machine
Blackness Daylight
Of Writhing Eyes (cut from set)

Septic Flesh:

Unbeliever (thanks to Impaledonafence3)
Communion
We the Gods
Anubis
Lovecraft's Death
Persepolis

Behemoth:

Ov Fire and the Void
Demigod
Shemhamforash
Conquer All
Lam
As Above So Below
Slaves Shall Serve
At the Left Hand ov God
Drum Solo
Alas, Lord is Upon Me
Decade of Therion
Christians to the Lions
Chant for Eschaton 2000
---
Lucifer

Last edited by BrutalN00dle; 01-10-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:34 PM
N00B

The clean vocal/guitarist guy from Septic Flesh isn't on the tour. He wasnt on their last tour either. I don't know what thats about.

The first song is Unbeliever
Old 01-10-2010, 01:55 PM
triturabis primatum

Oh I'd always assumed it the same guy, silly me. I need to see them when they do a full headline tour, so they have more time. They toured with Satyricon last year, but on the virginia tour date SF didn't perform, they did a one-off somewhere else I believe.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:24 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Would've liked to see this show, Apothys is always good and Behemoth is awesome.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 01-10-2010, 05:51 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impaledonafence3 View Post
The clean vocal/guitarist guy from Septic Flesh isn't on the tour. He wasnt on their last tour either. I don't know what thats about.

The first song is Unbeliever
Sadly, he doesn't tour outside of Greece from what I've read...
Old 01-11-2010, 04:31 AM
Headbanger

It figures I get stuck working nights and they play Christians to the Lions. FML!
12/10 - Chevelle
Old 01-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Destroyer of Christian Faith

yeah it was a sick show, I figure I was standing right behind you in line, I was the fat guy with the semi-long hair. That first band absolutely sucked, the only good part of them was one of the guys that was with me knocked the singer on his ass when he was running around in the pit and the only reason they got cheers was because they were finished. I agree Apothys was fucking killer, imo they were better than LSOD how the fuck are they not signed by anyone. LSOD was ok, but i thought the vocalist was gonna stab someone with his gauntlet with the fucking straight up nails on it. This was my 2nd time seeing Septicflesh which could have had better sound but that wasn't thier fault and I wish they would have played Virtues of the Beast, I was not expecting the Wall of Death where I wound up falling on 4 people cause 1 guy fell on my ankles and knocked me over while 20 people fell like dominoes. Behemoth absolutely killed, it was my 3rd time seeing them, glad to see they changed the set up a little. Afterwards we talked with Nergal for a couple minutes, he told me that they are coming back in the fall and they have a DVD also coming out with 5 hours of stuff on it, just thought you all would like to know.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:19 AM
None ov thy empty Gods shall ever stand above me

Holy shit, a Behemoth DVD ... can't wait.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:02 AM
triturabis primatum

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMETHERION View Post
yeah it was a sick show, I figure I was standing right behind you in line, I was the fat guy with the semi-long hair. That first band absolutely sucked, the only good part of them was one of the guys that was with me knocked the singer on his ass when he was running around in the pit and the only reason they got cheers was because they were finished. I agree Apothys was fucking killer, imo they were better than LSOD how the fuck are they not signed by anyone. LSOD was ok, but i thought the vocalist was gonna stab someone with his gauntlet with the fucking straight up nails on it. This was my 2nd time seeing Septicflesh which could have had better sound but that wasn't thier fault and I wish they would have played Virtues of the Beast, I was not expecting the Wall of Death where I wound up falling on 4 people cause 1 guy fell on my ankles and knocked me over while 20 people fell like dominoes. Behemoth absolutely killed, it was my 3rd time seeing them, glad to see they changed the set up a little. Afterwards we talked with Nergal for a couple minutes, he told me that they are coming back in the fall and they have a DVD also coming out with 5 hours of stuff on it, just thought you all would like to know.
Ha I was the guy in the red hat and leather jacket, hanging out with the big blonde dude and the black girl, and the LSOD singer kept jabbing me with his gauntlets, just the studs though, fortunately.

I chatted with Nergal after the show as well, and he confirmed that they will be performing at the Wacken Open Air this year.

DVD sounds badass.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Destroyer of Christian Faith

sweet, I'd love to go to Wacken, hell just to see Behemoth is good enough

Tags
apothys, behemoth, septic flesh, septicflesh