Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014

Old 08-24-2013, 04:29 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
How did I attack homosexuals?
You said in previous posts that you don't think it's moral. Kind of sounds to me like you were attacking their lifestyle.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:42 AM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
You said in previous posts that you don't think it's moral. Kind of sounds to me like you were attacking their lifestyle.
Shouldn't have said it was not moral, but it's hard to explain how I feel about the situation so I'm basically just gonna leave it at that.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:48 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Shouldn't have said it was not moral, but it's hard to explain how I feel about the situation so I'm basically just gonna leave it at that.
That's probably for the best. Otherwise the thread might get locked.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
That's probably for the best. Otherwise the thread might get locked.
Yea I was thinking the same thing, I don't want to make this a flame war.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:06 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by energymetal14 View Post
Bumping this thread to tell a story of what happened to me last night that REALLY pissed me off.

So my birthday was Tuesday, but I had to work so my family took me out to dinner last night to celebrate (it was my brother's birthday too, we are twins). So anyway, there were two guys sitting at a table next to us that were talking about politics and the military the whole time, and saying all kinds of violent stuff about killing people and stuff. Whatever, not appropriate at all since there were families in the restaurant, but I can just ignore that stuff (I'm a metal fan, I can put up with violent talk lol).

But then they started talking about Chelsea (Bradley) Manning. I'm not gonna get into politics here, beliefs are beliefs and I respect that. But the offensive language they were using got me so fucking mad. They were making fun of him for wanting to become a woman, using super homophobic and transphobic words, saying racist things about Obama (again, if you like or don't like him whatever, just don't be racist. Then they were going on and on saying Manning, Obama, and "all lefties" need to be "swinging from the end of a rope." And on top of all this, my brother is gay (identifies as queer), so how the hell is he supposed to feel about all this as he tries to celebrate his fucking birthday?? Eventually he got up and stormed out, and my Dad said someting before we all left, but that was just a really bad experience overall. I know people think like this, but hearing it firsthand just makes it that much worse. I am still glad my family took me out and it was a nice dinner, but we all left upset, which sucked. Sorry for the long rant, but its been a long time since I've been upset. If my brother wasn't so against fighting he would have beat the shit out of those guys. Even though there were both big guys, he had the anger of like 8 people inside of him. I felt so bad, any gay/queer/trans people should ever have to put up with that shit.
Dude that totally fucking blows. Ignorant homophobic, racist shit like that pisses me off more than anything else in the world. It still blows my mind that people can be that intolerant and dumb in this day and age. Kudos to your brother for holding back and not knocking those dumb motherfuckers out.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 08-24-2013, 05:40 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Man dude, that does totally suck.I don't support homosexuality personally, but I don't hate people that are homosexual (I know a few actually), I accept them and treat them with respect, and that's how everyone should treat them rather they believe in it or not.If I was your brother I'd be pissed to, people these days....
Man I get that you are young and have a shit ton to learn but you just made yourself sound like a ignorant asshole.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Man I get that you are young and have a shit ton to learn but you just made yourself sound like a ignorant asshole.
Dude, I said I will leave it at what I said, I'm not trying to start an argument like so many people here like to do.