Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

  #1  
Old 12-21-2009, 12:30 PM
mastodon421's Avatar
mastodon421 mastodon421 is offline
Not popular in Buffalo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swampscott,Massachusetts
Posts: 6,614
Revolver's Top 20 of 2009

1.Alice In Chains-Black Gives Way To Blue
2.Mastodon-Crack The Skye
3.Lamb Of God-Wrath
4.Converge-Axe To Fall
5.Behemoth-Evangelion
6.Between The Buried And Me-The Great Misdirect
7.The Black Dahlia Murder-Deflorate
8.Slayer-World Painted Blood
9.Suicide Silence-No Time To Bleed
10.Rammstien-Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da
11.Coalesce-Ox
12.Immortal-All Shall Fall
13.Kylsea-Static Tensions
14.Megadeth-Endgame
15.Dethklok-Dethalbum II
16.Baroness-Blue Record
17.Cannibal Corpse-Evisceration Plague
18.The Devil Wears Prada-With Roots Above And Branches Below
19.Agoraphobic Nosebleed-Agorapocalypse
20.Heaven and Hell-The Devil You Know
__________________
8/9 Summer Slaughter
9/28 Coheed and Cambria

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-21-2009, 12:32 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Somebody just wants to move product.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,737
^^^I hear you, but hey - at least the list has Kylesa, Baroness, Immortal and Coalesce on it. They get no credit for Mastodon, because that one obviously needed to be there. I also liked the releases by Slayer, Converge and Behemoth this year, but not tons. BTBAM is probably on there to get more cred from the prog crowd.

Wait a minute - I think I see what you mean. There is a little bit of everything on there, just to try to appeal to just about any reader that sees the list...even if it means putting absolute horseshit like Suicide Silence and Devil Wears Prada on there. OK, I get it. You're right.

See - it almost worked on me - I saw stuff I liked and said "hey, this ain't bad...". Those fuckers.
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter (?)
8/9 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa (?)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-21-2009, 01:28 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
^^^I hear you, but hey - at least the list has Kylesa, Baroness, Immortal and Coalesce on it. They get no credit for Mastodon, because that one obviously needed to be there. I also liked the releases by Slayer, Converge and Behemoth this year, but not tons. BTBAM is probably on there to get more cred from the prog crowd.

Wait a minute - I think I see what you mean. There is a little bit of everything on there, just to try to appeal to just about any reader that sees the list...even if it means putting absolute horseshit like Suicide Silence and Devil Wears Prada on there. OK, I get it. You're right.

See - it almost worked on me - I saw stuff I liked and said "hey, this ain't bad...". Those fuckers.
Word. Nothing obscure enough to warrant a back pat like on Decibel's list (which, while I didn't love it, wasn't as seemingly bottom-line-motivated as this bullshit).
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-21-2009, 02:43 PM
The_jman The_jman is offline
things are more than just what you see
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,041
the fact that suicide silence and the devil wears prada are on there yet Killswitch Engage didn't even make the list is a little pothetic.

I mean I liked the new Killswitch I don't think it deserved to be high on the list but it should have been on there at least. But that's just my opinion.

I do agree that AIC should be high on the list, not sure if it was good enough to warrent the number one album of the year though...
__________________
so close, no matter how far.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-21-2009, 04:50 PM
idrinkwine732's Avatar
idrinkwine732 idrinkwine732 is offline
Pursue happiness with diligence
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 4,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_jman View Post
the fact that suicide silence and the devil wears prada are on there yet Killswitch Engage didn't even make the list is a little pothetic.

I mean I liked the new Killswitch I don't think it deserved to be high on the list but it should have been on there at least. But that's just my opinion.

I do agree that AIC should be high on the list, not sure if it was good enough to warrent the number one album of the year though...
That new KsE album was the worst album I heard this entire year.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-21-2009, 08:57 PM
The_jman The_jman is offline
things are more than just what you see
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
That new KsE album was the worst album I heard this entire year.
sorry you didn't enjoy it?
__________________
so close, no matter how far.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-22-2009, 05:04 AM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,096
WOW! This is the best list I've seen so far. My Top 3 are their Top 3 so they get respect for that. I would drop Suicide, Prada and Heaven & Hell but at least they're not being brutal just to out-brutal everyone else. Alice in Chains deserves it's spot and I laugh at these publications that dismiss it. That cd is pushing for Top 10 decade for me.

I'm listening to Coalesce now and it's Top 20 for sure. Not sure about Rammstien, Behemoth or BDM being that high but I can't argue with all 3 being top 20-25.

I've heard everything on this list except Kylesa and Dethklok. Hopefully I can get to them before the end of the year. 2009 musically will be talked about for years to come... if it's not just remembered for the "death" year.
__________________
7/30 - Offspring
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:10 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008