Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA-- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 12-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

58. Chimaira-The Infection

Another letdown. For a Chimaira record the riffs are really slow and boring. When you have a guitar player like Rob Aronold you should utilize him. The vocals are also weaker than past efforts. Not a bad record by any means but a step down for sure for Chimaira.

Standout Tracks
1.On Broken Glass
2.The Dissappearing Sun
3.Frozen In Time

57. Static-X-Cult Of Static

Static-X has one excellent album under their belt in Wisconsin Death Trip. That was 10 years ago and they haven't really made anything worthwhile since then. I enjoyed Cannibal their previous effort. This album is really over the top and has some pretty shitty lyrics. I still found it to be somewhat enjoyable but i go to say i expected more from them.

Standout Tracks
1.Lunatic
2.Skinned
3.Terminal

56.AFI-Crash Love

This record actually surprised me. Wasn't expecting much from it and its actually pretty solid. Sure has a couple of duds but overall its a solid release.

Standout Tracks
1.Torch Song
2.Medicate
3.End Transmisson

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 12-27-2009, 08:12 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

55. Oceano-Depths

This band for has potential down the line. This release is a great stepping stone for them. They actually have some pretty talented dudes and I think over time this band could be quite good.

Standout Tracks
1.Emphaty For Leviathian
2.District Of Misery
3.Depths

54.CKY-Carver City

This is one of the catchiest albums i have heard all year plain and simple. It is a very fun and interesting record that is worth a listen if you want a catchy,fun record.

Standout Tracks
1....And She Never Returned
2.Imginary Threats
3.Plagued By Images

53.Arsonists Get All The Girls-Portals

One of the strangest records i have heard. This band might win the most spastic band in metal award. This albums features a wide range of vocals and crazy keyboard driven-instrumental jam-outs that will make you forget your listening to Arsonists Get All The Girls. This albums is a branching out for them and I have to say new vocalist Jared Monette has improved this band drastically. Their best record by a mile.

Standout Tracks
1.My Cup's Half Empty
2.To Playact in Static
3.Skiff For The Suits

Old 12-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

52. Suicide Silence-No Time To Bleed

The only thing that really sucks about this album is the beyond stupid cover. Besides that its really not too bad. Sure Suicide Silence is still pretty much just a middle of the road deathcore band but this an improvement for them. There are actually a couple of tracks on here that are quite good. For the most part its not a bad record(with the exception of Wake Up that song blows) but it gets pretty boring after a while.

Standout Tracks
1.Smoke
2.Lifted
3.Genocide

51.Hatebreed-For The Lions

This about as good as a cover album gets. Hatebreed made now really nice choices and more the most part did them justice with the exception of the fucking awful Black Flag and Bad Brains covers. Hatebreed put their flavor on these tracks and it was cool to hear them do that.

Standout Tracks
1.Shut Me Out
2.Ghosts Of War
3.Set It Off

50.GWAR-Lust In Space

This is truly a good album but i still felt let down. GWAR is one of the most fun bands around and there is some real gems on this record. I don't know what it is there is no glaring holes but something is missing. On a side note I need to see them live ASAP.

Standout Tracks
1.Where Is Zog?
2.Damnation Under God
3.Let Us Slay

Old 12-27-2009, 03:00 PM
We're dying on the inside

Dude, you're way too nice. There's no way there's 56 albums (out of 70, no less) that are deserving of praise.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Dude, you're way too nice. There's no way there's 56 albums (out of 70, no less) that are deserving of praise.

That's kind of true these are all pretty good/decent records but there not spectacular. I am pretty easily pleased though.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:01 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

49. Five Finger Death Punch-War Is The Answer

Another one of the biggest letdowns of the year. I actually enjoyed Way Of The Fist a pretty good amount and had some some decently high expectations on this one. This band needs to steer away from ballads. I realize that Ivan Moody has a good voice but these ballads are just pure shit. This album does have its postives but the tracks on here just aren't as strong as their past album.

Standout Tracks
1.Dying Breed
2.Bulletproof
3.Hard To See

48.Dying Fetus-Descend Into Depravity

This album is defintley brutal and the instruments are top-notch. That being said the vocals get grating after a while on this record and I think Dying Fetus can make much better material than this they have in the past and i'm sure they will again. Defintley not their best work.

Standout Tracks
1.Shephard's Commandment
2.Concived Into Enslavement
3.Your Treachary Will Die With You

47.Atmosphere-Leak At Will

Atmosphere hands down is one of the best rap artists around right now. His beats are excellent and his lyrics are great as well. This album is only an EP and it is pretty good but it doesn't really capture that Atmosphere vibe. The beats are solid but not spectacular and the lyrics aren't as good as usual either.

Standout Tracks
1.Feelgood Hit Of The Summer Part 2
2.Millie Fell Off The Fire Escape
3.The Ropes

Old 12-28-2009, 05:24 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fires Of Sedition View Post
Hands down the worst fucking band I've ever had the misfortune of sitting through in concert. And I saw Audio Adrenaline at a water park...

Very entertaining thread. I really dug thaat Lemons/Gold cd Atmosphere put out last year. They make Jay-Z look like a total sell-out assclown.

And also I must have missed it but Dude should win an Award for funniest post of the year for the quote above. I snarfed mountain dew all over my keyboard after reading that.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Visualize perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Very entertaining thread. I really dug thaat Lemons/Gold cd Atmosphere put out last year. They make Jay-Z look like a total sell-out assclown.

And also I must have missed it but Dude should win an Award for funniest post of the year for the quote above. I snarfed mountain dew all over my keyboard after reading that.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

46. Slayer-World Painted Blood

Another record that could been so much better. Don't get me wrong there is some strong stuff on here (The title track and Unit 731 are best Slayer songs in quite some time) but for the most part its pretty middle of the road especially for a Slayer record. This record also has 3 or 4 laughable duds. I really expected more from this record and didn't really get it.

Standout Tracks
1.Unit 731
2.World Painted Blood
3.Psychopathy Red

45.Cannibal Corpse-Evisceration Plague

Damn i can't believe this is Corpse's ninth record. When I got into them about 2 years ago I was really surprised that i hadn't known about a band with that extensive/fucking awesome of a discography prior to when I did. Back on track This is pretty much just another Cannibal Corpse record. There are a couple of flat-out awesome tracks but sadly most of the tracks are only pretty good. I think is for sure a downgrade from 2006's Kill. Cannibal has another masterpiece in them I know it and I can't wait till they release it.

Standout Tracks
1.Evisceration Plague
2.Shatter Their Bones
3.Scalding Hail

and for what it is sure to be one of the 2 albums that i get inhuman flaming for..........

44. A Day To Remember-Homesick

This is for sure my guilty pleasure album of the year. I can not give anyone a logical explaination for why i enjoy this band. I hate Post-Hardcore for the most part. This band just makes damn catchy music and this album is pretty enjoyable. (I completely expect/deserve verbal harassment for placing this above Slayer and Cannibal Corpse)

Standout Tracks
1.I'm Made Of Wax Larry What Are You Made Of?
2.Welcome To The Family
3.NJ Legion Iced Tea

Old 12-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
(I completely expect/deserve verbal harassment for placing this above Slayer and Cannibal Corpse)
I think I'd be more likely to give you shit for putting it on there at all...