Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Impaled -- Oakland, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014

Old 12-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1indedbyfear View Post
Hope it does go well and turns into a tour. 4 of my fav bands all at once would be great.
You know what will happen. It will go fine, they'll want to tour, one of them can't/won't do it, and Testament will take their place.

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Old 12-14-2009, 04:26 PM
N00B

Yea you are prob right, but let me clarify. US tour is what I need. Id rather have Testament on it than Anthrax these days, but I love them all so no complaints.

I doubt there will be ego problems or clashes because they will never have to see each other. Rob Flynn said he didnt see Dave Mustaine until the end of the Megadeth tour and those were club shows.

Last edited by b1indedbyfear; 12-14-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:34 PM
Headbanger

Its official .. big four to reunite in Europe!!

Sonisphere Poland and Czech Republic confirmed. More gigs to be announced. I just got an email from the Slayer publicist. This is what it says:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH AND ANTHRAX
TO PERFORM TOGETHER FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY
The BIG FOUR Confirmed for SONISPHERE Poland and Czech Republic
More BIG FOUR Appearances at SONISPHERE Shows Planned

The world wide web has been abound with speculation on a possible 'BIG FOUR' tour for several months. Now, the UK/European SONISPHERE can exclusively reveal that METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH and ANTHRAX will play together for the first time in history, in a move that will have metalheads across the globe frenzied with excitement.

Says LARS ULRICH/METALLICA of this historic announcement: "Who would have thought that more than 25 years after its inception, thrash metal's big 4 would not only still be around and more popular than ever, but will now play together for the first time...what a mindfuck! Bring it on!"

"It's about fucking time this happened," says SLAYER'S KERRY KING, "and about time the fans finally get what they want. This is fucking awesome."

ANTHRAX guitarist SCOTT IAN agrees, commenting on the enormity of the announcement.

"People have been talking about these four bands playing together since 1984. That's twenty-six years of expectation!! And the thing is, I believe not only will we live up to the expectations, we will shatter them! No other four bands as influential as the four of us have ever done this. Imagine if The Beatles, Stones, the Who and Zeppelin had done shows? Or Sabbath, Priest, Maiden, Motorhead? Well, I may be getting into some rarified air here but as a fan, that's how big I feel this is."

These four legendary acts broke out of the underground thrash movement to dominate the metal world in the 1980s, selling millions of records and packing arenas across the globe. The metal giants have never before all shared the same stage, despite huge demand. But on June 16, 2010, METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH and ANTHRAX will take to the SONISPHERE stage at Bemowo Airport, Poland, to make the dreams of headbangers the world over become a reality. A second Big Four appearance is planned for SONISPHERE CZECH REPUBLIC three days later, with more SONISPHERE shows featuring the awesome combo to be announced in the coming days and weeks.

"This is a 'once-in-a-lifetime' opportunity for heavy metal fans to see the four greatest heavy metal bands in American history back together on one stage," concludes MEGADETH main man DAVE MUSTAINE. "If there are any heads left at the end of this festival that haven't banged, they don't belong there."

Tickets are available from www.sonispherefestivals.com

BACKGROUND NOTES

Having established itself as the "Best New Festival" at the 2009 UK Festival Awards and holding six out of eight of the nominations for the forthcoming "Best New Festival" category at the European Festival Awards, SONISPHERE FESTIVAL moves forward proudly with the announcement of their phenomenal 2010 headliners. Last year's SONISPHERE saw 300,000 music fans attend six festivals across the continent, taking in The Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Finland, and the UK. Boasting a line-up covering a truly broad spectrum of the rock scene, headliners Metallica led a diverse collection of acts from country to country including Slipknot, Lamb Of God, Anthrax, Linkin Park, The Prodigy, The Hives and many more, to make the inaugural tour a huge success.

Next year, SONISPHERE expands to eleven events with headliners including Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Rammstein. With an extremely impressive line up already shaping up across all eleven shows, this groundbreaking travelling rock circus is set to be an even bigger success in 2010, as it solidifies its position as the world's leading rock festival series.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

Hmm, one of those dates also has Heaven & Hell on it.

The Big Four
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden maybe?

Fuck yuruope
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Old 12-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

You know, Europe always gets better credibility as a metal hangout, but for me it's not what they do listen to, it's what they don't listen to. So am I to understand that by worshipping all the "heavier bands," then they openly reject and boo off the stage crap like Motley Crue (whom I somewhat like), Ratt, Dokken, Warrant, Poison, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Avenged Sevenfold, Nickelback, and all the other tripe that's plagued our country? Because if they do like that crap, then they pretty much make themselves irrelevant. It means they'll listen to any idiot with a loud guitar and lots of amplification.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:41 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
You know, Europe always gets better credibility as a metal hangout, but for me it's not what they do listen to, it's what they don't listen to. So am I to understand that by worshipping all the "heavier bands," then they openly reject and boo off the stage crap like Motley Crue (whom I somewhat like), Ratt, Dokken, Warrant, Poison, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Avenged Sevenfold, Nickelback, and all the other tripe that's plagued our country? Because if they do like that crap, then they pretty much make themselves irrelevant. It means they'll listen to any idiot with a loud guitar and lots of amplification.
I don't know if I'm interpreting this right, but if I am, you should be pointing the finger at Japan. I have a hard time believing that if a major city besides Tokyo had an arena show of Iron Maiden one weekend, Slipknot the next, and Creed the next that two-thirds of the crowd wouldn't be the same exact people.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Headbanger

Well even if "they'll listen to any one with a loud guitar and amps" is the case, the bottom line is, they fill out huge open air fields to see these bands every fuckin year. So I would say they deserve this! But having said that, the big four are American bands and they should have done at least a few gigs on home soil before doing them in Europe.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:59 PM
sheds on white

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
they should have done at least a few gigs on home soil before doing them in Europe.
That's not say they won't be doing a few dates [u]after Europe though cos after all
Old 12-14-2009, 07:28 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Div: so this big four thing just doesnt excite me at all
Div: im so sick of hearing people jacking off over those bands that i just dont care anymore
[RTW]Qc.pemplemousse: seriously

and that pretty much sums it up
Old 12-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
Div: so this big four thing just doesnt excite me at all
Div: im so sick of hearing people jacking off over those bands that i just dont care anymore
[RTW]Qc.pemplemousse: seriously

and that pretty much sums it up
Suit yourself.