Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO-- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990
Korn -- Denver, CO -- July 29th, 2002

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 12-10-2009, 03:03 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
..Saliva's first 2 albums
some songs by Eminem

Why are you ashmed of these.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:05 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

You guys SHOULD be ashamed of Linkin Park, even in 7th grade I could tell they sucked.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Godsmack
90's eurodisco
Old 12-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Headbanger

I made a cd of Saliva's best songs for a show I was taking a chick to and was kinda suprised they had 6 or 7 cd's but really surprised that they filled out an 80 min cd with all good songs. Survival of the Sickest is a bad ass jam.
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Old 12-10-2009, 05:14 PM

i forgot Evanescence is definently one

and also YELLOWCARD. i still listen to them

the two i'm not ashamed to admit though are Korn and Slipknot. i still love Korn.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 12-11-2009, 04:48 PM
In Search of Truth

Creed (Mostly nostalgia, but some of their stuff I do still find genuinely good)
Goo Goo Dolls (No explanation for this whatsoever, I guess it's just my subconscious love of hooks and good songwriting)
Bon Jovi (Mostly the 90's stuff. I am personally not ashamed of this, but there are a lot of people who want to bad mouth Bon Jovi for various reasons, some of which are completely stupid, so it falls under this category.)

I also really like some musicals/Broadways shows. My favorites would be Jekyll & Hyde, Jesus Christ Superstar, and Rent.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:52 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

It's not 90's stuff, but I love Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet album. For what it is, it's pretty incredible. Some of the other stuff is pretty solid too.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

If by "ashamed" you mean it literally, then I'm not sure there is anything I like that I'm really ashamed about. People who know me know that I am a metalhead first and foremost, but I have a lot of other tastes as well. Some of them are pretty substantial, too (see below).

If by "ashamed" you mean "sheepish about mentioning it in the presence of metalheads", then the list is infinitely large.

For example, I love all kinds of electronica. From obscure weird stuff like Aphex Twin and Squarepusher to electro like The Crystal Method (fucking gods, they are), to badass club joynts like Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers and the like, I love it all (well, almost).

I like a lot of "mainstream" rock that is interesting to me, such as Collective Soul, White Stripes / Raconteurs, Portishead, Muse, U2, Flaming Lips, Tori Amos, Sting / The Police, Dave Matthews, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jane's Addiction, Ghostland Observatory, LCD Soundsystem, Sound Tribe Sector 9, etc. (far too many to mention).

I like a lot of old school rap and even some R&B. Public Enemy are the shit. N.W.A.'s "Straight Outta Compton" is still one of the best albums ever made in any genre (in my opinion). Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Snoop, Roots, Outkast, Black Eyed Peas, Fugees, Erykah Badu - all that shit is dope as hell, mang.

I was way into alternative / progressive back in college - growing up on the likes of The Cure, Pixies, R.E.M. and of course the inimitable Depeche Fucking Mode. I loved grunge back in the day - I've seen Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains (with Layne, of course), Soundgarden, Nirvana, all them shits. Loved 'em all.

I listen to classical music sometimes when I'm in the mood. I like reggae from time to time (BobMarleywasoneofthegreatestmusiciansandmostaweso mepeopleingeneralwhoeverlivedthankyouverymuch). Hell, I'll even get into a country song now and then.

I'm "ashamed" of none of it - but rarely do I mention the above in metal-only circles (until now ), if only just because I don't want to hear the bitching and whining.

So I really don't have too much to add to your list, bro (although I just typed the longest reply on here so far...sorry about that ).

But, in the interest of throwing you a bone and giving you all something to make fun of me about, I will say this:

I own every CD that Enya has ever released.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 12-11-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.

I have no shame. Today I listened to My Chemical Romance by choice. I dig En Vogue. I think Jagged Little Pill might be my favorite album when I'm drunk.

I listen to Iron Maiden. I even wear their t-shirts once in a while. That's probably the most embarrassing.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:14 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Creed
Bon Jovi
I listen to both of these. Again, not ashamed at all. Creed's new album is really very, very good.

30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen