Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014
Puya -- Washington, D.C. -- September 17th, 2014
Samhain -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 19th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #101  
Old 12-18-2009, 09:12 AM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
the point

your head
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 12-18-2009, 11:33 AM
daimonos's Avatar
daimonos daimonos is offline
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
This must be a Dorothy Kansas thing because when Lamb of God plays Baltimore it's the most in-crowd cool ass people you'll see at a show. It's not a Hot Topic or scene kids crowd like some of the other bands you listed. No one is playing World of fukkin Warcraft before the show. It's the coolest bartenders, strippers, radio personalities, bar owners and people who matter getting together and enjoying great music. They're singing along, moshing, headbanging, meeting the band and going over to Angel's Rock Bar afterwards for a cool ass afterparty. THAT'S what a great show is about and obviously your issues about certain bands will keep you from experiencing such cool shit.

I let you slide on the "pussy" comment because you're young and naive and I was there before but the metal Bro's shit on top of that makes you look like such a loser it isn't even funny. Like someone said metal people shouldn't be hating on other metal people. We busted ass to get metal and great music back in the forefront and now that it's here quit being an assclown over this -core is great and this -core is for pussies. It's meaningless.

If there's another lesson to be learned here it's be careful what you say to people you might run into someday. Someone who you bag on for being a "Metal Bro" or "Pussy" could easily deliver a forearm shiver to the bridge of someones schnozola during a Nuclear Winter expedition. Something to be conscious of...

Back on the music tip I think you have a cool writing style and agree with a lot of what you say. It's just my opinion but I will say anyone who has Heaven & Hell over Alice in Chains needs an education in music and especially emotion as it pertains to music. The emotion and soul of Black Gives Way to Blue is incredible in this day and age while the new H&H has 3 good songs and so many that are just shallow and lacking.
all good points.

and to Mankvill...

I'm just gonna assume that the metal bro's comment was you being a smartass, but whatever.

It just pisses me off when people sit there and call a band mediocre just because they don't like the band or the style of music that band plays.

But whatever, I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you because it's obviously a waste of both of our time, and I honestly don't care enough.

But yes I have been enjoying reading this list.
Rock on
__________________
I've lost track of just about everything.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 12-18-2009, 12:34 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is online now
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,855
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
hurrrr durrrr
Not even gonna bother responding this time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonos View Post
all good points.

and to Mankvill...

I'm just gonna assume that the metal bro's comment was you being a smartass, but whatever.

It just pisses me off when people sit there and call a band mediocre just because they don't like the band or the style of music that band plays.

But whatever, I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you because it's obviously a waste of both of our time, and I honestly don't care enough.

But yes I have been enjoying reading this list.
Rock on

I wasn't being a dick to you or anything. I'm glad you listen to Lamb of God and not...I dunno...Owl City...or any deathcore band.

I wasn't ironically/mockingly calling you my "metal bro", bro.

__________________
09/18 - Clutch
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 12-18-2009, 12:41 PM
daimonos's Avatar
daimonos daimonos is offline
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Not even gonna bother responding this time..




I wasn't being a dick to you or anything. I'm glad you listen to Lamb of God and not...I dunno...Owl City...or any deathcore band.

I wasn't ironically/mockingly calling you my "metal bro", bro.

oh well my bad then lol. i apologize.

and for the record...i absolutely hate deathcore. and i've never even heard of Owl City.
__________________
I've lost track of just about everything.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 12-18-2009, 12:43 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is online now
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,855
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonos View Post
oh well my bad then lol. i apologize.

and for the record...i absolutely hate deathcore. and i've never even heard of Owl City.
Then you're just fine in my book!
__________________
09/18 - Clutch
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 12-18-2009, 12:44 PM
daimonos's Avatar
daimonos daimonos is offline
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Then you're just fine in my book!
lol alright
__________________
I've lost track of just about everything.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 12-18-2009, 12:45 PM
Div's Avatar
Div Div is offline
cool babies, strange but not a stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
It's the coolest bartenders, strippers, radio personalities, bar owners and people who matter getting together and enjoying great music.
.....huh?

so bartenders, strippers and radio DJ's love the fuck out of lamb of god... how does this NOT support mankvill's statement that their fans are a bunch of dumbasses and tools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I let you slide on the "pussy" comment because you're young and naive and I was there before but the metal Bro's shit on top of that makes you look like such a loser it isn't even funny. Like someone said metal people shouldn't be hating on other metal people. We busted ass to get metal and great music back in the forefront and now that it's here quit being an assclown over this -core is great and this -core is for pussies. It's meaningless.
who gives a shit anymore. shitty metal being on the radio isnt an accomplishment for anyone. if they started playing megadeth's first album on the radio then its a victory, but to have shitty bands like LoG go around saying how "metal" they are just gives people a false impression of what real heavy metal is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
If there's another lesson to be learned here it's be careful what you say to people you might run into someday. Someone who you bag on for being a "Metal Bro" or "Pussy" could easily deliver a forearm shiver to the bridge of someones schnozola during a Nuclear Winter expedition. Something to be conscious of...
wat
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 12-18-2009, 02:02 PM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
.....huh?

so bartenders, strippers and radio DJ's love the fuck out of lamb of god... how does this NOT support mankvill's statement that their fans are a bunch of dumbasses and tools?
Not sure where you're from man but around here if you know the bartenders, etc you get free drinks, free tix, you meet and hang with bands and watching strippers put on a show is always fun unless you swallow swords. I though I explained it perfectly actually. No scene kids, no magic the gathering or world of warcraft losers, no mall kids, just cool, fun people who know how to have a fun time.

What are you 16?
__________________
9/27 - Clutch
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 12-18-2009, 02:08 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is online now
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,855
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
hurr
I don't judge on how good a band is by what people like to listen to them, what their live shows are like, how many free drinks I can get for me and my bros, etc. Sorry.
__________________
09/18 - Clutch
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 12-18-2009, 02:11 PM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,107
no you wait in line like a little groupie bitch to meet bands and buy their cd that you already have jsut to get them to sign it. FAIL!

I perty with them and really get to know who they are and have real conversations with them.

Just continue with the lists. I made my point, you know what I meant by it.

No need to deal with idiocracy
__________________
9/27 - Clutch
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:44 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008