Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 12-18-2009, 09:12 AM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
the point

your head
Old 12-18-2009, 11:33 AM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
This must be a Dorothy Kansas thing because when Lamb of God plays Baltimore it's the most in-crowd cool ass people you'll see at a show. It's not a Hot Topic or scene kids crowd like some of the other bands you listed. No one is playing World of fukkin Warcraft before the show. It's the coolest bartenders, strippers, radio personalities, bar owners and people who matter getting together and enjoying great music. They're singing along, moshing, headbanging, meeting the band and going over to Angel's Rock Bar afterwards for a cool ass afterparty. THAT'S what a great show is about and obviously your issues about certain bands will keep you from experiencing such cool shit.

I let you slide on the "pussy" comment because you're young and naive and I was there before but the metal Bro's shit on top of that makes you look like such a loser it isn't even funny. Like someone said metal people shouldn't be hating on other metal people. We busted ass to get metal and great music back in the forefront and now that it's here quit being an assclown over this -core is great and this -core is for pussies. It's meaningless.

If there's another lesson to be learned here it's be careful what you say to people you might run into someday. Someone who you bag on for being a "Metal Bro" or "Pussy" could easily deliver a forearm shiver to the bridge of someones schnozola during a Nuclear Winter expedition. Something to be conscious of...

Back on the music tip I think you have a cool writing style and agree with a lot of what you say. It's just my opinion but I will say anyone who has Heaven & Hell over Alice in Chains needs an education in music and especially emotion as it pertains to music. The emotion and soul of Black Gives Way to Blue is incredible in this day and age while the new H&H has 3 good songs and so many that are just shallow and lacking.
all good points.

and to Mankvill...

I'm just gonna assume that the metal bro's comment was you being a smartass, but whatever.

It just pisses me off when people sit there and call a band mediocre just because they don't like the band or the style of music that band plays.

But whatever, I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you because it's obviously a waste of both of our time, and I honestly don't care enough.

But yes I have been enjoying reading this list.
Rock on
Old 12-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
hurrrr durrrr
Not even gonna bother responding this time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonos View Post
all good points.

and to Mankvill...

I'm just gonna assume that the metal bro's comment was you being a smartass, but whatever.

It just pisses me off when people sit there and call a band mediocre just because they don't like the band or the style of music that band plays.

But whatever, I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you because it's obviously a waste of both of our time, and I honestly don't care enough.

But yes I have been enjoying reading this list.
Rock on

I wasn't being a dick to you or anything. I'm glad you listen to Lamb of God and not...I dunno...Owl City...or any deathcore band.

I wasn't ironically/mockingly calling you my "metal bro", bro.

09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Old 12-18-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Not even gonna bother responding this time..

I wasn't being a dick to you or anything. I'm glad you listen to Lamb of God and not...I dunno...Owl City...or any deathcore band.

I wasn't ironically/mockingly calling you my "metal bro", bro.

oh well my bad then lol. i apologize.

and for the record...i absolutely hate deathcore. and i've never even heard of Owl City.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonos View Post
oh well my bad then lol. i apologize.

and for the record...i absolutely hate deathcore. and i've never even heard of Owl City.
Then you're just fine in my book!
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Old 12-18-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Then you're just fine in my book!
lol alright
Old 12-18-2009, 12:45 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
It's the coolest bartenders, strippers, radio personalities, bar owners and people who matter getting together and enjoying great music.
.....huh?

so bartenders, strippers and radio DJ's love the fuck out of lamb of god... how does this NOT support mankvill's statement that their fans are a bunch of dumbasses and tools?

Quote:
I let you slide on the "pussy" comment because you're young and naive and I was there before but the metal Bro's shit on top of that makes you look like such a loser it isn't even funny. Like someone said metal people shouldn't be hating on other metal people. We busted ass to get metal and great music back in the forefront and now that it's here quit being an assclown over this -core is great and this -core is for pussies. It's meaningless.
who gives a shit anymore. shitty metal being on the radio isnt an accomplishment for anyone. if they started playing megadeth's first album on the radio then its a victory, but to have shitty bands like LoG go around saying how "metal" they are just gives people a false impression of what real heavy metal is.

Quote:
If there's another lesson to be learned here it's be careful what you say to people you might run into someday. Someone who you bag on for being a "Metal Bro" or "Pussy" could easily deliver a forearm shiver to the bridge of someones schnozola during a Nuclear Winter expedition. Something to be conscious of...
wat
Old 12-18-2009, 02:02 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
.....huh?

so bartenders, strippers and radio DJ's love the fuck out of lamb of god... how does this NOT support mankvill's statement that their fans are a bunch of dumbasses and tools?
Not sure where you're from man but around here if you know the bartenders, etc you get free drinks, free tix, you meet and hang with bands and watching strippers put on a show is always fun unless you swallow swords. I though I explained it perfectly actually. No scene kids, no magic the gathering or world of warcraft losers, no mall kids, just cool, fun people who know how to have a fun time.

What are you 16?
Old 12-18-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
hurr
I don't judge on how good a band is by what people like to listen to them, what their live shows are like, how many free drinks I can get for me and my bros, etc. Sorry.
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Old 12-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Headbanger

no you wait in line like a little groupie bitch to meet bands and buy their cd that you already have jsut to get them to sign it. FAIL!

I perty with them and really get to know who they are and have real conversations with them.

Just continue with the lists. I made my point, you know what I meant by it.

No need to deal with idiocracy