Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 12-20-2009, 04:52 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post

Are there any shows anybody really regrets going to?
I went and saw Slave to the System because Scott Rockenfield from Queensryche was the drummer. But he was on tour with Queensryche so someone else filled in. There were twenty people there, they sucked, and Kelly Gray showed exactly why he got kicked out of Queensryche.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:33 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Maybe I'll regret not seeing Baroness earlier this month, but if they come back around headlining small venues this Spring I'll be stoked.
They do plan to do just that - at least according to John Baizley.

Quote:
I saw some really shitball shows when I was younger and a whole lot less discerning, but luckily for me I really don't remember many of them.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:47 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Not really in the way of complete shows, but a few of the most disappointing bands I've seen have been Sonata Arctica, Kamelot, Judas Priest (suck it, status quo), and Def leppard (second time, went primarily to see Tesla open). Edguy in '07 was kinda disappointing.

Stratovarius this year was pretty damn disappointing, but technically they were very good, probably actually much better than the first time I saw them. They just seemed kinda dull and uninspired/unenthusiastic... probably due to following an absolutely incredible Pagan's Mind performance.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:35 AM
N00B

1. Type O Negative/Celtic Frost (4/2007) - I actually don't remember why I couldn't go, but obviously CF broke up, and I later got into TON and they're now one of my favorite bands, and they played We Hate Everyone. This is biggest regret.

2. Cynic opening for Dragonforce (4/2009) - I saw Cynic earlier that February, the setlist was actually really crappy, but I still really regret it, because I don't have a lot of hope of seeing them again.

3. Cannibal Corpse/Dying Fetus (11/2006) - I was grounded, and then CC didn't come to Milwaukee for 2.5 years. I've seen Cannibal Corpse three times since I missed this, I saw Dying Fetus on Summer Slaughter and am seeing them in May, so I guess it's not that bad.

4. Nile/Immolation (1/2010) - I didn't have the money from seeing Suffocation three days earlier. I really doubt I'll have the chance to see Immolation again, and reading the reviews of how great the shows were hasn't helped.

5. Type O Negative (10/2007) - Wasn't really into them. Once I got into them a few months later and saw the setlist for the tour I was extra mad. My first TON show ended up being the god awful Jaegermeister Tour. The last tour (10/2009) was good, but they didn't play anything from Slow Deep and Hard.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:34 AM
Ironbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Edguy in '07 was kinda disappointing.
Yeah, I saw the NYC Edguy show in 2007 and honestly wished I had stayed home. That was the worst and most boring set I had seem from them. I had seen them previously with Tad Morose in NY and they were amazing. Also saw them with Hammerfall and they were good. Not that Edguy is ever terrible, but for one my favorite bands and considering the genius I consider Tobias to be, I expected more.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:01 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green and Black View Post
Yeah, I saw the NYC Edguy show in 2007 and honestly wished I had stayed home. That was the worst and most boring set I had seem from them. I had seen them previously with Tad Morose in NY and they were amazing. Also saw them with Hammerfall and they were good. Not that Edguy is ever terrible, but for one my favorite bands and considering the genius I consider Tobias to be, I expected more.
Yep, my thoughts exactly. I was at that '04 show with Tad Morose too. THAT was fucking incredible. One of only 3 times "The Piper Never Dies" has been played in the US, and the only time "We Don't Need a Hero" was ever played live. Not to mention Tad Morose are (were, unfortunately) fucking awesome.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Two that I can think of. First was Cynic and Meshuggah, had to drive for 3 and a half hours, got stuck in Baltimore traffic, had to stand in the freezing cold for two hours, and the venue staff were all huge dicks. Cynic was underwhelming, and Meshuggah was the most boring headliner I've ever seen, I left halfway through their set. At the time I thought that was the only chance I would get to see Cynic but then I saw them headline a few months later and they were awesome, so much better than before.

My other regret is seeing Wino's solo band. He didn't hardly play anything besides his solo record (a little Vitus would have been nice) and he skipped what is far and away the best song from Punctuated Equilibrium. Also, most of his solos were just plain boring, and he did a bunch of 'em in between songs.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 04-13-2010, 01:00 PM
Ironbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Not to mention Tad Morose are (were, unfortunately) fucking awesome.
I had heard they now have the singer from Steel Attack and are working on an album, although it won't be the same for me without Urban Breed.

Two Tad Morose related questions for you -

1) Have you heard Bloodbound? Amazing stuff with Urban Breed. Although he is out of the band again. Check out Nosferatu and Tabula Rasa
2) Have you heard Tad Morose covering Power of the Night by Savatage? Cool cover! It's on some obscure metal compilation that I picked up, a bunch of Euro bands doing covers.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.

Not seeing Metallica with Pantera when they toured.
Not seeing Iron Maiden as of yet.
Never catching Megadeath as of this day.
Not attending Motorhead/Dio/Iron Maiden at Polaris Amphitheater several years ago.
Not attending the Ozzfest where Priest played.

Last edited by evildeadjedi; 06-25-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:03 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green and Black View Post
I had heard they now have the singer from Steel Attack and are working on an album, although it won't be the same for me without Urban Breed.

Two Tad Morose related questions for you -

1) Have you heard Bloodbound? Amazing stuff with Urban Breed. Although he is out of the band again. Check out Nosferatu and Tabula Rasa
2) Have you heard Tad Morose covering Power of the Night by Savatage? Cool cover! It's on some obscure metal compilation that I picked up, a bunch of Euro bands doing covers.
Yeah, they have been working on this illusive new album for years now. Unfortunately it's gotten to the point that it's not just Urban Breed gone from the 1998 - 2005 line-up. The only two remaining members are Christer Andersson (Rhythm Guitar) and Peter Moren (Drums). With that in mind, not sure how much faith I have in them doing material anymore - I seriously doubt it will be anywhere near the quality of albums like Undead and Modus Vivendi.

1) Oh yeah. Tabula Rasa was my #2 album of 2009, absolutely awesome and a huge jump up from their first two records, though I think they're both solid.

2) Yep. I honestly thought it was kind underwhelming, but definitely pretty solid.