Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 12-06-2009, 09:06 AM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Sorry bro.
Haha it's all good. That thread has been dead since September.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:51 AM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

1. Iron Maiden, World Piece Tour, Montreal Forum, Set 6 th 1983. Too noob into them to even realised anything.

2. Pink Floyd in 87 at the Montreal Forum, they did 3 nights and I didn't even go

3. Pantera , I've skip them a few times, I shouldn't have. I saw Damage Plan but that wasn't the same

4. Rage Against The Machine, in verdun auditorium for the Battle Of Los Angeles tour. I was in vacation and doing things with my family, I said to myself I'll catch them on another tour but that never happened

5. A Slayer concert in the 80's would have been great but I was too scared of them back then hehehe

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 12-07-2009, 04:20 AM
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.

1. Iron Maiden on the Somewhere Back in Time tour.

The closest they came to me was Cleveland, so it would have been a longer haul than I've ever taken for a concert, but I would've done it for this. But then there was a writing conference I really wanted to go to, and I'd never been to one, and it was cheap and I had free babysitting, and it was over the same dates as Maiden's midwest jaunt, and it was in Indiana. So I skipped Maiden's Cleveland show. Which for all I know could be the last time they play within 1000 miles of me, and which by all accounts was their greatest tour ever. Damn.

2-4. For a Mars Volta show in Detroit a few years ago, I decided just to get a ticket at the door because I didn't want to pay the Ticketmaster fee. By the time I got to Detroit it was sold out. Fuck. Then the next time they came around with SOAD, tickets were like $80 and I thought, who the fuck do you people think you are, Bruce Springsteen? So I didn't go. Another time they played the theater in downtown Ann Arbor where I got married, but I had something else happening that night. Three chances. Now I've still never seen them. And by all accounts they're one of the best live bands on the planet. Well shit.

5. I don't know. All my friends went to see Bad Religion once and I didn't. I don't know why.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:22 AM
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
3. Slayer with Killswitch Engage and Mastodon- 11/21/04- Cincinnati, OH

Reason I now regret this: Still haven't seen Slayer, videos from this era of Mastodon are so much better than when I saw them live in 2006 and 2007, and Killswitch are my favorite metalcore band, but not good enough that I'll ever go out of my way to see them.
Surprisingly, I thought Mastodon was boring as hell at this show, but Killswitch was a lot of fun.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:31 AM
In Search of Truth

01.ProgPower USA VII (2006). Between the 3 days, Evergrey, Jorn, Circle II Circle, Vision Divine, Thunderstone, Theocracy, and Savage Circus performed. Almost all of these are bands that I have always had a special liking for, and the combination of all of them together is ridiculous, especially since Vision Divine and Thunderstone have turned to crap since.

02.Dream Theater @ Radio City Music Hall - April 1st, 2006. The show "Score" was recorded at. I was a lesser DT fan than I am now, so I was wary about seeing them given the variables, so I passed despite my best friend having an extra ticket. As shown on the DVD, both the setlist (IMO) and the performance were amazing.

03.ProgPower USA X (2009). Given my recent general shift towards Prog from Power metal, the lineup consisting of Fates Warning, Royal Hunt, Circus Maximus, Pagan's Mind, and in a lesser vein, Brainstorm, was just immense, especially since I'd kill to see Royal Hunt and this was probably the best chance I was ever going to get.

04.Iced Earth w/ Evergrey @ The Starland Ballroom - Sayreville, NJ - May, 2004. The thought of having missed IE play all of Gettysburg and Evergrey play a great support slot still chafes me.

05.Stratovarius @ BB Kings - New York, NY - October 2006. The setlist itself was just ridiculously good compared to the two times I've seen them. Also this was the last time Strato ever played the US with Tolkki, so it was a real special evening. Money just wasn't in place for this one, so I couldn't make it happen.

06.Riot @ Double D's - NJ - March 2006. I was just getting heavily into the band at the time, but they haven't done any type of touring since, the odds of me getting a shot to see them (let alone perform a good chunk of Dimeo material) are pretty slim.

I also wish I could've seen Helloween and Gamma Ray @ BB Kings last year, if only to see Gamma Ray, since they were fantastic when I saw them in 2006.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

1. Slayer and Mastodon @ The Norva, Norfolk - Sometime in winter 07.

Two of my favorite bands at the time and they decided to play the ONE weekend I was out of town in February.

2. Rush @ Nissian Pavillion, Bristow VA - Summer 2008

I had a couple Rush albums but I decided I would see them some other time because I was already seeing Maiden / Metal Masters over the summer.

3. Ozzy Osbourne @ Verizon Center, Washington DC - Winter 07? 08?

My friends went and invited me but I decided it wasn't worth the money... how stupid.

4. Blind Guardian @ Jaxx, Springfield VA - December 06

I didn't have a ride up to northern VA, I bet I could have worked something out had I tried harder though.

5. Gigantour 08 @ Merriweather Post Pavillion, Columbia, MD - April 08

Me and my friends had planned on going to this but then we got in a big fight a few months before and I don't think any of us ended up going.

I also missed a few amazing tours because I got into the band just a few months too late, those include: Iron Maiden - DoD tour (), Judas Priest - Angel of Retribution tour in Bristow VA, and Rush 07 tour in VA Beach.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 12-15-2009, 01:18 PM

i have too many to list

Arch Enemy w/ Dark Tranquillity 08
Bodom w/ Amon Amarth 06
CA Metalfest with Carcass 09
Summer Slaughter 08
Sounds of the Underground 06 and 07
all Ozzfests
all 3 In Flames headline tours i've missed
Machine Head w/ Arch Enemy 08
LOG, COB, and DevilDriver 09 (DD replaced AILD on my date)
Unearth w/ Darkest Hour and Suicide Silence 07 (Unearth recorded their live dvd at my show)

and most of all: Wacken '08. holy fuck according to the set timesi read, i would've been seeing one favorite band after another for 2 days straight.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 12-16-2009, 04:29 AM
Headbanger

After watching Live at Reading yesterday it's obvious that I made a monumental msitake skipping Nirvana the last time they came to town. I wasn't very high on In Utero and thought they would make a better album and tour closer to home. Turns out a 45 minute drive cost me a once in a lifetime experience.

I did see Pearl Jam the night Kurt died and they played for 2 hours and 45 minutes even though Eddie was drunk off his ass. Everyone thought they were going to cancel and instead they put on one of the 10 best concerts I've ever seen in my life.

I would still rather have seen Nirvana though...
Old 12-16-2009, 08:50 AM
Semper Fidelis

Two that immediately come to mind:

Priest on Screaming for Vengeance. I was just getting into them and none of my friends wanted to go. It was the last time they ever came to Tucson so I ended up not being able to see them until I got my driver's license and saw the Turbo tour in Phoenix.

Rush on Grace Under Pressure. I'd seen them on Signals and have seen them many times since, but they had Gary Moore opening that tour and I've never gotten another chance to see him play live.

I decided years ago that when in doubt, go to the show. That way, no regrets down the line...
Old 12-20-2009, 04:48 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Mastodon on the first leg of the Blood Mountain tour
Couldn't go because my dad's leg was fucked up, I couldn't drive at the time and the only way to get to the venue without a car is by train, subway AND bus.

Judas Priest in 2005, since they didn't come back for another 3 years, but it only made that show that much more exciting.

Maybe I'll regret not seeing Baroness earlier this month, but if they come back around headlining small venues this Spring I'll be stoked.

Are there any shows anybody really regrets going to?

Last edited by TonyD; 12-20-2009 at 04:50 PM.