Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014

Old 12-05-2009, 06:17 PM
We're dying on the inside

Top 5 Missed Concert Regrets

Because I like feeling like shit, I was thinking about this today. Note: These should only be shows you feasibly had a chance to see, and preferably that you nearly did. No, "Oh I wish I went to Wacken in 2006, oh well, didn't have a plane ticket to Germany." That's obvious, and bullshit.

My list:

1. Iron Maiden with Bullet for My Valentine- 10/17/06- Detroit, MI
Reason I wanted to go: Would have been my first Iron Maiden show; Iron Maiden are my favorite band.
Reason I convinced myself not to go: They were playing AMOLAD in its entirety, and I thought that was a shitty setlist.
Reason I now regret this: It's Iron Fucking Maiden, and I may never see any of those AMOLAD songs now that I missed that tour, not to mention The Evil That Men Do.

2. At the Gates with Darkest Hour and Municipal Waste- 7/14/08- Chicago, IL
Reason I wanted to go: At the Gates released the greatest death metal album of all time back in 1995; Darkest Hour and Municipal Waste are both actually good bands.
Reason I convinced myself not to go: I didn't feel like driving to Chicago, even though two of my friends were already there and I would have been meeting up with them.
Reason I now regret this: Carcass putting on one of the greatest shows I've ever seen makes me think At the Gates would have been no different, and now I'll probably never see them live.

3. Slayer with Killswitch Engage and Mastodon- 11/21/04- Cincinnati, OH
Reason I wanted to go: It would have been my first metal concert, it would have been three days before my birthday, I loved Slayer, and I was obsessed with Mastodon and KSE at the time (Leviathan and The End of Heartache both being brand new)
Reason I convinced myself not to go: Not entirely sure anymore, but probably I didn't want to spend the money, as money was harder to come by when I was just shy of 14.
Reason I now regret this: Still haven't seen Slayer, videos from this era of Mastodon are so much better than when I saw them live in 2006 and 2007, and Killswitch are my favorite metalcore band, but not good enough that I'll ever go out of my way to see them.

4. Between the Buried and Me with The Red Chord, Cephalic Carnage and The End- 8/8/07- Covington, KY
Reason I wanted to go: That's pretty much a perfect modern metal lineup.
Reason I convinced myself not to go: I was at Ozzfest earlier that day, and decided to stay long enough to watch Lordi, making it impossible to get down to this show in time. Fucking Lordi.
Reason I now regret this: Fucking Lordi. And I still haven't seen Cephalic Carnage or The End.

5. Gigantour 2005 featuring Megadeth, Dream Theater, Fear Factory, Nevermore and Symphony X- 8/16/05- Cincinnati, OH
Reason I wanted to go: Gigantour was more appealing than Ozzfest and this was its best lineup ever.
Reason I convinced myself not to go: Not entirely sure, but I think it's possible that the venue was 18+. If so, that breaks the "feasibility rule", but fuck you, it's my thread.
Reason I now regret this: Still haven't seen Fear Factory, Nevermore, or Symphony X; still haven't seen Dream Theater play a good setlist.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Isn't there already a thread like this, but without the whole top 5 thing?
Old 12-05-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Isn't there already a thread like this, but without the whole top 5 thing?
I actually have no idea, didn't search, and wouldn't have necromanced it even if I did.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:08 PM
N00B

The one that stands out is King Diamond/Nile/Behemoth/Black Dahlia Murder at the Pound back in spring 2005. Parents explicitly wouldn't let me go Also not going to Jethro Tull a couple years ago (it was either '07 or '06) cuz my friend bitched out when we were planning on going for months ahead.

Last edited by ADD; 12-05-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Anyways, missed opportunities:

1. Rush in 2004
2. Van Halen in 2007
3. Van Halen in 2008
4. Iron Maiden in 2008 (?)
5. Anytime Motorhead has come around.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:54 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

1. Anthrax at any time during the Belladonna reunion.
2. Genesis in 2007.
3. Rush during any tour ever.
4. Kreator headlining that tour that also had Exodus and Warbringer earlier this year.
5. ANY of the four Nine Inch Nails farewell shows in nyc this past summer. Holy shit I felt extra bad once I saw those setlists.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:21 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

y u do dis

1. Celtic Frost (opening for Type O Negative)
Reason I wanted to go: Celtic Frost was (and still is) one of my favorite bands ever.
Reason I convinced myself not to go: I couldn't. I went to buy tickets, and I had waited too long. It sold out.
Reason I now regret this: They broke up not too long after the show. I mean, I saw them once before...but still.

2. 1349
Reason I wanted to go: I love the fast black metal, and 1349 does it pretty well!
Reason I convinced myself not to go: I couldn't. I had to work.
Reason I now regret this: They (plus black metal as a whole) regularly avoids these here parts now.

3. Arsis + Skeletonwitch
Reason I wanted to go: I love Skeletonwitch (they mentioned they'd be doing this show the first time I saw them) and at the time A Celebration Of Guilt (by Arsis) was one of the best albums I'd ever heard.
Reason I convinced myself not to go: It was far as fuck away.
Reason I now regret this: It's okay I didn't go for Skeletonwitch, I've seen 'em tons since, but I've yet to see Arsis. The only other time they came through was on that shitty Thrash And Burn tour. I would kill to see Arsis headline. Oh, Suicide Silence headlined the show in the end, so I guess it's okay I skipped.

4. Pillage The Village (Necrophagist + Dying Fetus)
Reason I wanted to go: I love both the bands, and I've only seen Fetus once. I'm still jonesing for more of them.
Reason I convinced myself not to go: It was in Topeka on a school night.
Reason I now regret this: They haven't been back since. ;_;

5. ChthoniC
Reason I wanted to go: They were the first band I heard at Ozzfest 2007 and I've been hooked since.
Reason I convinced myself not to go: Again, in Topeka. Too far away for me.
Reason I now regret this: They're pretty high up on the bands I'm dying to see again.

edit:
12/16 - Pallbearer
12/18 - Orange Goblin OR Wolvhammer

Last edited by mankvill; 12-05-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:05 AM
welp

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthr...t=shows+regret

I might as well add to this new thread though...

1. Metal Masters tour: I initially wanted to skip on this because Priest weren't doing Victim of Changes (I know, very, VERY stupid reason). I ended up having an ear infection that day anyway, but still...

2. At The Gates: I wasn't into them at the time... FUCK

3. Metallica 2nd Night @ MSG: Went to night 1 because it was on a saturday, but the sunday show's setlist raped the one I saw. It's not like I had any way of knowing, but it still hurts a little bit that I saw Turn the Page when they saw FADE TO FUCKING BLACK. And they got Shortest Straw where we got Holier than Thou etc...

4. Heaven and Hell/Alice Cooper/Queensryche: Why did I miss this? Hmmmm, I don't know...maybe because I am FUCKING RETARDED! AHHGGHH! FUCK! It was on a saturday too... But in my defense I was a bit of a n00b back then, so cut me some slack.

5. Dimmu Borgir/Behemoth/Keep of Kalessin: I don't remeber why exactly I missed this, I think it was because it was the day after Gigantour that year (2008), and it was in Jersey.

Now there have been plenty of shows that I haven't gone to because I wasn't allowed to go being that they were on school nights. Some of those shows being: Slayer/Unearth, Trivium/Chimaira, Machine Head @ the Crazy Donkey, Symphony X somewhere in Long Island, Iced Earth/Into Eternity, Gigantour 06, Hatebreed @ the Crazy Donkey on two occasions, Children of Bodom/Testament, and I will not be able to go to Opeth's 20th anniversary show because it's a fucking wednesday night
Old 12-06-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
Sorry bro.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

1. Sounds Of The Underground 2006 (As I Lay Dying,Killswitch Engage,In)Flames,Black Dahlia Murder,GWAR others)

This was when i first started into metal and would be an awesome show to go. Also in retrospect Cannibal Corpse and Behemoth were on the bill as well. At the time i had never listened to CC and hated Behemoth bad choice not going to this one.

2.New England Metal And Hardcore Festival 08

Way too many bands that i still havent seen that were on this.

3. Iron Maiden the last 2 times they have been to MA

I did try to go the last time they were here but it sold out

4. Lamb Of God/Killswitch Engage/Devildriver/Soilwork

Two of my fave bands along with Devildriver nuff said.

5. System Of A Down/The Mars Volta

Its appering SOAD has broken up for good and i still have never seen TMV.
12/21 TRC/DI
12/27 Four Year Strong

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/